annoying ads!

Timberwolftrass2005

Ensure that the ad's and ad network will never, ever infect me, and you'll get my views.

This is impossible.

That and the last time I looked, he doesn't use anything besides paypal for to take payment. And I don't use that s*** for a very good reason.

You do not need a paypal account.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people are complaining about them...still. It's been pointed out by Dark0ne why we need them. Yes, there are annoying ads, I'm stuck with Veet, Gaviscon and even those annoying interactive Nurofen ads, but do you see me complaining?

I have just accepted they are now a part of the Nexus and I just have to deal with it. I'm pretty sure that if Dark0ne had another viable option, he would take it. However, the only other option is to close the Nexus down.

Personally my request has been simple enough. Ensure that the ad's and ad network will never, ever infect me, and you'll get my views. If he can't, won't, or shan't do that, then no views. It's pretty damn reasonable compared to having my banking information stolen. I dunno about you but blocking ads, or the possibility of losing the $40k in the bank because an ad injects malicious code which logs mah keys...choices, choices.

That and the last time I looked, he doesn't use anything besides paypal for to take payment. And I don't use that s*** for a very good reason.

Thats your choice mate. No offence but for the most person downloading the mods threatening to leave the community wouldn't cause total chaos nor will it make the network go down, we will just have one less downloader. We get hunderds of thousands of 'em. As said before HE CANNOT CONTROL EVERY SINGLE AD. It is controled simply by the company paying him for hosting the ads. He tries the best he can to take the ads down. And think about it he doesn't get anything from this site, and in some cases uses his own personal money to pay for the site. If you go ahead and make a site that has over 1 million users, hundreds of great modmakers and an awesome community and you pay for all that without ads...

I don't quite understand why people are still making a big deal out of this.

The ads have been on the site for years, they're a valuable source of income that give you the quality sites and servers you use on a daily basis.

If they were to go the nexus would most likely have to be shut down. It can't survive on the donations of its users indefinitely even if they do help it.

Dark0ne tries his hardest to have malicious ads removed as swiftly as possible. The risk of becoming infected from an ad on the nexus is as likely as getting one ANYWHERE else. Also there are many preventative measures you can take to protect yourself from such attacks.

I for one have no problem with the ads being here. We need them. If you do not pay for premium to get rid of them then simply be silent or leave. No one forces you to be here and watch these ads.

The risk of becoming infected from an ad on the nexus is as likely as getting one ANYWHERE else. Also there are many preventative measures you can take to protect yourself from such attacks.

Yeah, block them.

Or, simply have an Anti-Virus that works, i.e Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, Avast, etc. I and LHammonds have put together a list of Anti-Viruses that we have found to be good! :)

anti virus such as AVG will not keep you safe 100%. If you are paranoid about viruses you will be armed to the teeth... and still block the ads. When it comes to anti virus and protection there is only taking too little precautions.

3 anti virus protections on that list I know have failed me. once to the point malwarebytes wouldn't even sort it, and it was a right pita to figure out what it was and sort out.

Linux.

I don't know why people are complaining about them...still. It's been pointed out by Dark0ne why we need them. Yes, there are annoying ads, I'm stuck with Veet, Gaviscon and even those annoying interactive Nurofen ads, but do you see me complaining?

I have just accepted they are now a part of the Nexus and I just have to deal with it. I'm pretty sure that if Dark0ne had another viable option, he would take it. However, the only other option is to close the Nexus down.

Personally my request has been simple enough. Ensure that the ad's and ad network will never, ever infect me, and you'll get my views. If he can't, won't, or shan't do that, then no views. It's pretty damn reasonable compared to having my banking information stolen. I dunno about you but blocking ads, or the possibility of losing the $40k in the bank because an ad injects malicious code which logs mah keys...choices, choices.

If you are that worried about banking then use Linux or an iPad, both are safer than Windows. As for ensuring you'll never get infected, no honest person can make the guarantee as you well know.

The risk of becoming infected from an ad on the nexus is as likely as getting one ANYWHERE else. Also there are many preventative measures you can take to protect yourself from such attacks.

Yeah, block them.

You can't block said ad's with Adblock.