Dead Money Released!

IIJG53Valantine

I'm just reading what the others are saying. It helps me determine whether it's another Op Anchorage or not.

But expect some critisism for statements like this though.

The DLC put out these days by Bethesda and affiliates is top tier stuff. Even the worst of the Fallout 3 DLC has been good.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm still enjoying this DLC. I played most of the first part during the night cycle (time is slower for me in-game using Imp's timescale adjuster, which means nights last a loooong time). I may have said this already, but there is a kind of hand-to-mouth survival thing with the inadequate armour, weapons, irradiated food and harsh environment.

And it's not completely linear (ok it's more of a "channeled" quest), but comparisons to Anchorage or whatever are silly; they are completely different. And there is much more role-play in this DLC. If you must compare, then perhaps Point Lookout? I'd say to get the most out this, play on very hard with hardcore mode.

Dead Money is an adventure mod with action. Good character writing, bad logic, and not related at all to the base game, FNV. It is like what Mothership Zeta was to FO3, except not as cohesive.

There was no story, just a set-up and episodes. The fun happens as you progress through the journey and try to find and make the items you need to survive. It is like a pin ball game.

Dead Money IMO was not worth the money. I want more FNV, not some unrelated lame side quest.

Yeah, why does everyone always focus on the negative points of DLC's and not the POSITIVE points.

It just makes me think that many users on this forum are very bitter and throw unnecessary criticisms at each other.

To answer the above question:

- Personal tastes and tolerances differ.

- There is a difference between criticizing a DLC and criticizing other people for their opinion on a purely subjective matter.

On a more objective note:

I am currently unable to form an opinion, either bad or good, on the DLC because apparently for Bethesda, Europe means Western-Europe only.

Gstaff (Bethesda poster) wrote on the Bethsoft forums here.

"I've checked with folks and as you guys already know, the content is not available on Steam in the territories mentioned (Hungary, Poland, Russia, Estonia). It's also not available in India.

If/when that ever changes, I'll provide more information. "

Really, there should be a law against restrictive distribution policies or press releases containing misleading information about availability.

Those laws wouldn't be valid outside certain territories.

EU law would be applicable within the territory of the European Union so if Bethesda wanted to distribute software in Europe they would not be able to discriminate against certain EU member countries (Poland, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, etc.). Of course, such a law would not help Russia and India but still it would be more than nothing.

Those laws wouldn't be valid outside certain territories.

EU law would be applicable within the territory of the European Union so if Bethesda wanted to distribute software in Europe they would not be able to discriminate against certain EU member countries (Poland, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, etc.). Of course, such a law would not help Russia and India but still it would be more than nothing.

Couldn't agree more. And who says the two-tier European Union doesn't exist? So far as delayed release dates go, is this not a throwback to the old DVD regions - where one set of countries (typically the US and co) get the first release, followed by others? There's no reason for following this practice in a digital world.