About why Bethesda took so long to release the next Game

daventry

Did Bethesda or Todd Howard say why they took so long to release their next Bethesda Game Title aka Fall Out 4 after Skyrim

How long inbetween did they release a TES Game and a FO Game in witch how long are we going to wait for TES6

I heard its because they wanted to wait out on the PS4 and XBOne Consoles

Edited by daventry

Did Bethesda or Todd Howard say why they took so long to release their next Bethesda Game Title aka Fall Out 4 after Skyrim

How long inbetween did they release a TES Game and a FO Game in witch how long are we going to wait for TES6

Is it one team that makes TES and then FO

If you take into account things on a corporate level:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/03/elder-scrolls-online-layoffs-bethesda-zenimax/

Finding the right people "talent" and rehiring that talent for specif tasks?

you might know why it takes so long to rebuild from scratch.

I'm happy about after seeing the results of 7 years in the making, the latest games were hurried and ended up buggy, rushed and cut. They did not take a long time, they took about the right amount of time. Plus, fo4 bones were made slowly during Skyrim, then focused on around 2012-2015. Take that in mind.

For the elder scrolls 6, which fallout 4 made me more hyped about, we have to wait for dlcs announcements first then take a guess.

My guess, very poorly made guess mind you:

Fo4 comes out 2015. After being done with the base game they will focus on dlcs that may came out mid 2016 till sometime of 2018-2019. Say 3 dlcs.

Tes 6 will be out 2018-2020, with a new game engine. It will have:

Voiced heroes for all genders and races with all kind of characters.

Open dense cities.

Build your own village/city/kingdom/empire/shack.

Smexy graphics.

Perma death.

Ability to brush your horse and feeding it a carrot.

12k argonian feathers.

Ability to be a pregnant man.

Fallout games are more linear than TES games, tes games are bigger in scale of everything. So about or more than 5 years should be expected. I'm sure they or working on it right now. Some art and lore planning.

I don't think we're going to be waiting past 2018 for TES VI. That would be 7 years past Skyrim and the team is surely already off the ground and running with the basics if nothing else. Once FO4 launches then you'll have the bulk of that team joining the pioneers and the pace will pick up dramatically while only the DLC and Patch team for FO4 remains behind.

Good games take a long time to make. Good games that take a massive step forward from their previous installment, with a new engine, new graphics, substantial reworking of game mechanics, and hundreds of hours of playtime take a very long time to make. You just can't expect games with the scope and quality of Skyrim or Fallout 4 to be churned out at the same pace as, say, ESPN Football where they pretty much just release the same game over and over with different names on the jerseys.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if it takes them until 2018 or 2020 or 2022 to release TESVI. They've already said that they want to give Online its time in the spotlight, and honestly, three years between Fallout 4 and the next TES single player installment (which has already been hyped up to be the most massive Bethesda title yet) isn't that long of a time for what they're trying to accomplish. I mean, s***, it takes me three years to add some baskets to Proudspire Manor.

Edited by TheSpaceShuttleChallenger

Is it one team that makes TES and then FO

If you take into account things on a corporate level:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/03/elder-scrolls-online-layoffs-bethesda-zenimax/

Finding the right people "talent" and rehiring that talent for specif tasks?

you might know why it takes so long to rebuild from scratch.

Are people still conflating Zenimax Online with BGS? :facepalm:

@Madcat221: in the page, bellow, there is a tag ,a mouse over takes you to the PC sections of the articles, from there, you will find the Fo4 things, discussions not allowed here.

to answer you directly? No. Not when it's ( Todd Howard ) stating it.

Follow the stories out and see.

EDITING: Just so there is no mistakes made here, and your wondering what I am talking about?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/369524-console-modding-is-not-supported-here/

Pretty much explains why I posted the way I did.

Until that changes. Fo4 discussion in My view...are subject to that.

Unless there is some new rules, stickies, web blogs that say differently?

Eggs shells.

Edited by Purr4me