Path of Sorcery - Magic Perk Overhaul (WIP)

steelfeathers

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm currently beta testing. The result: so far so good. But, for some reason, I can't have Conjuration Dual Casting in spite of having set myself up to level 100 in that skill.

Also, what does "Aurify" do?

Yeah, that was an oversight on my part. The forgot to update the conditions for the dual casting perk to reference the new Student perk, instead of Conjuration Novice. It's been fixed in the latest beta test version (I'll send you a PM with the updated copy - there are a lot of other fixes included)

If you're seeing the "Aurify" prompt, you must have the perk Midas Touch. If you select "Aurify", the target will turn to gold.

Done verifying the Restoration tree! (Gratifyingly, it seems like I've done almost everything right here, whereas with other trees I found a lot of bugs.)

I'm hoping to be done by sometime this weekend so that I can FINALLY put this mod out on the market, so to speak.

Sweet! I have recently been looking for a perk overhaul and although very good, Ordinator wasn't exactly what I was looking for. That being said, I can't wait to dig into this mod.

Good luck on your release and I'll be waiting... Some what patiently :)

I do have a question also. Will you have a perk refund system for people that are installing this in the middle of a play through? :smile:

Yes. The first time you start the game with Path of Sorcery installed, it will refund all the vanilla magic perks you've taken.

However (as I plan to explain on the mod page), you can't install this mod mid play-through if you have been using another mod that changes magic perk trees, AND you want to install this mod on top of that one. For instance, if I wanted to use Ordinator for the Stealth and Warrior trees, but wanted to use Path of Sorcery for the magic trees, you could install PoS on top of Ordinator. BUT that will only work if you haven't been taking magic perks from Ordinator. So really, in that case, it's safest to start with a clean save.

In