Path of Sorcery - Magic Perk Overhaul (WIP)

steelfeathers

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a question about the "Mage Ward" perk: would wearing armor disables both the boost to their magnitude and the cost reduction?

Just the magnitude; cost reduction is handled through "Mind Over Matter".

So Mage Ward only handles the magnitude boost, right? If so, maybe it would be the best time to update the original post with all the updated magic trees and perks, do you think?

Conjuration is well under way!

-Instead of having Novice/apprentice/adept/exert/master perks, I've decided to try to incorporate those skill buffs in a more dynamic way. This will apply to all skill trees in the future, but right now it's only implemented for Conjuration.

-Lots of goodies for blade-binders

-New features to make reanimating dead bodies actually worthwhile, rather than just popping off an atronach

GENERAL:

Conjurer (0/35) > All conjuration spells last 0.5/0.75% longer per Conjuration level.

Rend The Veil (25/50) > All Conjuration spells except Master level spells consume less magicka. Cost reduction caps at 50/70%. (Per Conjuration level: Novice = 1.75%, Apprentice = 1.5%, Adept = 1.25%, Expert = 1.0%)

Oblivion Walker (100) > Master level conjuration spells consume 50% less magicka. While your magicka is above 90%, Novice and Apprentice Conjuration spells cost nothing to cast.

BLADE BINDER:

Thirsty Blade (30/50/70) > Bound weapons absorb 10 magicka/ magicka and stamina/ magicka, stamina, and health on every hit.

Ghost Dance (60/80) > While you have a bound weapon equipped, you have a 15/30% chance to turn ethereal for 2/3 seconds while an opponent is power attacking.

Arcane Strike (70) > Power attacks with bound weapons send out a wave of arcane energy that damages nearby foes and causes them to stagger. **Having difficulties with this one. OnAnimationEvent() triggering is weird. :sad:

NECROMANCY:

Necromancy (40) > Raised or summoned undead have doubled duration; duration is tripled if the spell is dual cast.

Crypt Lore (50) > Skeletons and reanimated undead gain 30% magic resistance and 100 magicka.

The Relentless (60) > Skeletons and reanimated undead deal 50% more damage in combat and move and attack 15% faster.

Hunger of the Dead (80) > Skeletons and reanimated undead will feast upon the flesh of those they slay, regaining health equal to 10% of the corpse's maximum health. Cannot feast upon ghosts, daedra, or automatons.

Just use one of the perk overhauls like ordinator for simplicity.

-Instead of having Novice/apprentice/adept/exert/master perks, I've decided to try to incorporate those skill buffs in a more dynamic way. This will apply to all skill trees in the future, but right now it's only implemented for Conjuration.

-New features to make reanimating dead bodies actually worthwhile, rather than just popping off an atronach

GENERAL:

Conjurer (0/35) > All conjuration spells last 0.5/0.75% longer per Conjuration level.

Rend The Veil (25/50) > All Conjuration spells except Master level spells consume less magicka. Cost reduction caps at 50/70%. (Per Conjuration level: Novice = 1.75%, Apprentice = 1.5%, Adept = 1.25%, Expert = 1.0%)

Oblivion Walker (100) > Master level conjuration spells consume 50% less magicka. While your magicka is above 90%, Novice and Apprentice Conjuration spells cost nothing to cast.

BLADE BINDER:

Thirsty Blade (30/50/70) > Bound weapons absorb 10 magicka/ magicka and stamina/ magicka, stamina, and health on every hit.

Ghost Dance (60/80) > While you have a bound weapon equipped, you have a 15/30% chance to turn ethereal for 2/3 seconds while an opponent is power attacking.

Arcane Strike (70) > Power attacks with bound weapons send out a wave of arcane energy that damages nearby foes and causes them to stagger. **Having difficulties with this one. OnAnimationEvent() triggering is weird. :sad:

NECROMANCY:

Necromancy (40) > Raised or summoned undead have doubled duration; duration is tripled if the spell is dual cast.

Crypt Lore (50) > Skeletons and reanimated undead gain 30% magic resistance and 100 magicka.

The Relentless (60) > Skeletons and reanimated undead deal 50% more damage in combat and move and attack 15% faster.

Hunger of the Dead (80) > Skeletons and reanimated undead will feast upon the flesh of those they slay, regaining health equal to 10% of the corpse's maximum health. Cannot feast upon ghosts, daedra, or automatons.

Telling people that they should use some other mod instead of mine ON MY MOD THREAD.....yeah, really classy. Thanks, I appreciate it.

I got a question about the "Mage Ward" perk: would wearing armor disables both the boost to their magnitude and the cost reduction?

Just the magnitude; cost reduction is handled through "Mind Over Matter".

So Mage Ward only handles the magnitude boost, right? If so, maybe it would be the best time to update the original post with all the updated magic trees and perks, do you think?

I've updated the main page with all the current information.

GENERAL:

BLADE BINDER:

NECROMANCY:

Telling people that they should use some other mod instead of mine ON MY MOD THREAD.....yeah, really classy. Thanks, I appreciate it.

I think that was for someone else and your mod isnt done yet so it shouldnt be an issue for now.

Restoration is only 95% done because I haven't quite finished off all of the Patron God powers yet. So I guess it's more like 97% done.

And I'll think of something for Frenzy. I just need to play test a bit more with a warmonger build and figure what would really be useful for a character who uses Frenzy as a main part of their play style.

Also, FYI, testing is still ongoing for everything. So if anyone wants to help, post a comment and I'll send you a beta version. (hint hint)

Restoration is only 95% done because I haven't quite finished off all of the Patron God powers yet. So I guess it's more like 97% done.

And I'll think of something for Frenzy. I just need to play test a bit more with a warmonger build and figure what would really be useful for a character who uses Frenzy as a main part of their play style.

Also, FYI, testing is still ongoing for everything. So if anyone wants to help, post a comment and I'll send you a beta version. (hint hint)

If I have free time to beta test, I'll do it. Mostly because, well, I resumed college.

Also, for when it comes to the bonemen, mistmen and wrathmen from Dawnguard, do they benefit from the atromancy or the necromancy perks of Conjuration?