Genetically modified animals

csgators

I don't see much problem with anything there.

For the machine stuff that seems like it will become super intelligence and nuke as all, well then don't create them only to serve mankind.

"It is not if machines think, it is if man does."

Yeah, but it's definitely scarier than a cow which produces human milk. PETA will go nuts if they read that. Edited by Ancient Aeon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see much problem with anything there.

For the machine stuff that seems like it will become super intelligence and nuke as all, well then don't create them only to serve mankind.

"It is not if machines think, it is if man does."

Yeah, but it's definitely scarier than a cow which produces human milk. PETA will go nuts if they read that.

True, but no one should take PETA seriously imo.

I don't see a problem.

I don't see a problem with animal testing or genetically modified crops either. Most people have no idea how many millions of lives have been saved by such, and how many millions would suffer otherwise. This to me outweighs the momentary discomfort an animal might feel.

I have problems with animal testing. Not for scientific or medical research mind you...However I do have a problem with make up companies and such getting licenses for this sort of thing.

Growing penises on mice or injecting them with THC in a bid to cure cancer is one thing, Britney Spears perfume or Beckham cologne is another thing entirely imo. Loreal can GTFO.

As for GM food produce.. good! stop pumping the damn US cattle full of hormones and antibiotics. It does make its way up the food chain. DNA on the other hand is not assimilated through digestion, its actual genetic make up is irrelevant to its nutritional value. (well no that is not correct... but you know what I am saying.)

However there is also a fairly massive caveat to that. Basically it boils down to a company owning a genetic sequences copyright and going so far as to copyright actual genes. wtf? Can I copyright all my cats genes? after all I own it, and thus all its contained genes.

Monsanto. nuff said. Who have created a monopoly(which is illegal) in the soya bean industry.

Edited by Ghogiel

Genetic engineering is good if held in the right hands.

Genetic engineering for animals and plants is fine, but on humans its a different story.

Advanced genetic engineering on humans would never work in a capitalist system.

Your statement is extraordinarily stupid.

That is all.

EDIT by LHammonds: I'm not sure about the lack of intelligence in the quote but I know for a fact that what YOU typed lacked much thought. Strike #1 for personal attack.

Genetic engineering is good if held in the right hands.

Genetic engineering for animals and plants is fine, but on humans its a different story.

Advanced genetic engineering on humans would never work in a capitalist system.

Your statement is extraordinarily stupid.

That is all.

EDIT by LHammonds: I'm not sure about the lack of intelligence in the quote but I know for a fact that what YOU typed lacked much thought. Strike #1 for personal attack.

I am rather glad we have such good moderators here.

If you wish to call my statement stupid, it would help you to at least say why you think its stupid.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether it is a capitalist society or not..... Actually, I think it would be more likely to happen in one, than, say..... a highly religious oriented society....... those godless heathen capitalists I would think would be FAR more likely to engage in it, than, say.... Saudi Arabia. :D

I don't think it has anything to do with whether it is a capitalist society or not..... Actually, I think it would be more likely to happen in one, than, say..... a highly religious oriented society....... those godless heathen capitalists I would think would be FAR more likely to engage in it, than, say.... Saudi Arabia. :D

If it has a profit motive, companies are going to be putting out all kinds of stuff.

I don't think that will turn out too good, maybe that's just me...

Edited by marharth

If it has a profit motive, companies are going to be putting out all kinds of stuff.

I don't thing that will turn out too good, maybe that's just me...

LOLOL.

Now on THAT, I will most certainly agree. :D

It already does, and already is. I already mentioned it. They are patenting genes. One of the last people I want in control of the human genome is these big biotech firms. Straight up it's a bad science fiction movie happening right now.

The next question is if an animal that has injected dna (for example a monkey) is it not only ethical, but can an offspring be aborted morally and legally if the dna were human?