Fallout 4 Site portal

McC1oud

Hi there, I've playing bethesda games for a long time and have never been completly serious about creating my own mods. This time I plan to jump straight in and go hardcore.

The Fallout 4 portal I should assume is inevitable, but when can we expect it to be up and running?

And for now, what is the best location to discuss Fallout 4 mods in the meantime?

And for now, what is the best location to discuss Fallout 4 mods in the meantime?

This. I'm hoping to get working on a Fallout 4 mod as soon as the tools go public for modding (with the aid of other developers of course).

So the sooner the better. I've modded before and I'm big fan of the Fallout games so looking forward to it.

:nuke: *waits rather impatiently* :nuke:

I guess it's not that odd that this isn't up yet, considering Bethesda has already clearly specified that there will be no mod tools until next year. If I remember correctly, Skyrim was just "you'll have em when they're ready". Though, I have to say, I find it odd that they can't just put a couple programmers on mod tools after the game goes gold and get it out the door faster. Or hell, don't they have someone doing workflow in-house? What are they going to be tweaking in the last two weeks of dev time? FO3, NV, and Skyrim all used basically the same editor with like one or two features tweaked from game to game. Don't expect this to be much different from the previous Creation Kits unless they're really aiming for the fences here.

There will be mods before the mod tools are released. They will just be the kind of tools that don't require the modding tools. Typically things like simple texture replacers. Don't expect too many new weapons homes or quest mods for a while. My guess is the first mods will be up within 24 hours. Just don't expect too much from the kind of people that just want to be first to upload a mod. :rolleyes: Hopefully the script extender will be out sooner rather than later.