Bug List - If you find bugs post them here

Grasmann

The Pipboy Rad meter is broken.

When you look at your pipboy and take radaway, the meter doesn't reduce (as it always did in F3 and FNV), I ended up using way more radaway than I needed to in the beginning, the only way around this is take a radaway, close your pipboy and open it again then take more if needed.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pipboy Rad meter is broken.

When you look at your pipboy and take radaway, the meter doesn't reduce (as it always did in F3 and FNV), I ended up using way more radaway than I needed to in the beginning, the only way around this is take a radaway, close your pipboy and open it again then take more if needed.

I believe that's normal.

Don't they lower the rads over time?

I believe it's not instant same as the stimpaks.

So it would make sense that you have to close the pipboy for something to happen.

Found another bug.

Controls in building mode unreliable

When building stuff in the settlement and navigating the menus via Shift + A / D the controls break rather often.

Result is that neither Shift + A / D nor the arrow keys respond anymore.

Can be fixed by leaving the build menu and reopening.

Edited by Grasmann

it wasn't instant, but it was fast, you take radaway and you can see the dial lowering quickly, then you take another if you have to, believe me I'm actually in the middle of another FNV playthough (started it to get ready for F4, but need atleast 6 months to complete all the mod quests and stock stuff lol), so I'm very used to using the dial to keep track. How it is right now is not how it should be (or was atleast)

it wasn't instant, but it was fast, you take radaway and you can see the dial lowering quickly, then you take another if you have to, believe me I'm actually in the middle of another FNV playthough (started it to get ready for F4, but need atleast 6 months to complete all the mod quests and stock stuff lol), so I'm very used to using the dial to keep track. How it is right now is not how it should be (or was atleast)

Well, but you can't just say it's a bug because it was different in New Vegas. XD

thats one way of putting it I guess, it's not like it was in Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas, it's the same dial on the same pipboy, but this one's less special :wink: not a bug at all! lol

But in Fallout 3 and in Fallout New Vegas ( without hardcore mode ) I believe the aid items worked instantly right?

I know radaway doesn't lower the rads instantly but in general the effects are applied as soon as you use the item.

In Fallout 4 everything is working over time.

I mean the game basically is paused when you have the pipboy open.

So to me it totally makes sense that you can't just leave the pipboy open and watch the rads decrease.

thats one way of putting it I guess, it's not like it was in Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas, it's the same dial on the same pipboy, but this one's less special :wink: not a bug at all! lol

But in Fallout 3 and in Fallout New Vegas ( without hardcore mode ) I believe the aid items worked instantly right?

I know radaway doesn't lower the rads instantly but in general the effects are applied as soon as you use the item.

In Fallout 4 everything is working over time.

I mean the game basically is paused when you have the pipboy open.

So to me it totally makes sense that you can't just leave the pipboy open and watch the rads decrease.

Correct. Just like VATS no longer stops time (just slows it) you can no longer heal or reduce rads while in the Pipboy.

I have a possible bug. There are times that Dogmeat will teleport in front off me by a couple feet. This especially happens when I am sneaking indoors and there is a trap in front of me. I stop to disarm it, and he teleports onto it, setting it off.

Not sure if it is an issue with him getting stuck on me, or what, but its massively annoying. I've started quicksaving very frequently.

Lone Wanderer perk is glitched or Dogmeat does not count as a companion. Still have the perk after gaining rank 2 and putting Dogmeat on follow.

I have been companion less since the start, I only just decided to bring Dogmeat along as his item find ability may come in use.

Additional unrelated notes: You can equip Dogmeat with a bandana. New mod idea to create a one button bind to make dogmeat find. Still don't quite understand how the find works, when I first used it Dogmeat was only bringing junk(which is what I mainly want him for) but now he only seems to go after rare items like Nuka Quantum, mags and bobbleheads.

Lone Wanderer perk is glitched or Dogmeat does not count as a companion. Still have the perk after gaining rank 2 and putting Dogmeat on follow.

I have been companion less since the start, I only just decided to bring Dogmeat along as his item find ability may come in use.

Additional unrelated notes: You can equip Dogmeat with a bandana. New mod idea to create a one button bind to make dogmeat find. Still don't quite understand how the find works, when I first used it Dogmeat was only bringing junk(which is what I mainly want him for) but now he only seems to go after rare items like Nuka Quantum, mags and bobbleheads.

From what I've gathered, the find thing works on 2 different cases... The first one is rare or decent items which are just lying around on the ground but which you have not picked up. If you're heavily just looting everything in sight, he won't find very much. The second case seems to be things that are specially scripted, such as static things like a filing cabinet having a drawer pop open to reveal some loot.