Why do people hate Fallout 4 so much?

DreadedKat

I think you're all comparing very different things here. In general people for whom the roleplaying aspects are the most important tend to prefer New Vegas, those who love exploring big detailed worlds and aren't so bothered by the quests being detailed, tend to prefer FO3 and FO4. That's a generalisation and not a universal truth. Some people will disagree and that's fine.

Judging New Vegas by its overall land mass is not how the people who love the game judge it. Just as the people who love FO3 do not judge it by the quality of its complex and branching quests or its factions.

The Witcher series forces you to play as one character in a world with a tightly controlled albeit branching story. That's very different again. It appeals to a different market. Apples and oranges.

Edited by tirnoney

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can NV be better than Fallout 3?

Better quests, better writing, better perks, more weapons and better factions.

But Fo3 does what FNV lacks, better world building and it can mean night and day for some players.

I dont agree on better quests, I loved the FO3 ones, they kept me glued to the screen all the time, exploring the world, the vaults, and the details? I so much loved the details, everywhere you went there was something interesting to see, NV didnt care bout that.

As for writing and factions, really? Fighting the Legion? I understand Cesar and the entire Legion was insprired by what they proly red in some history books, but basing an entire faction on it? Even wearing the clothes and armors to resemble them? Oh and the Khans? Dont get me started on them rofl. That is just half arsed writing, thers nothing cool, fun or inspirational behind it. Only Faction in NV I liked was the NCR and the Kings rofl.

And world building was just a boring plain desert, I get that the location the game is set in demands it, but it dont change that if youve seen 1/10 of the world, youve seen it all. And that coming from someone who spent 478h into it. Dont get me wrong I love the game, but it aint got nothing on FO3.

How can NV be better than Fallout 3?

Better quests, better writing, better perks, more weapons and better factions.

But Fo3 does what FNV lacks, better world building and it can mean night and day for some players.

I wouldn't even say FO3's world was better, yes it was more detailed but it made no sense at all. A town full of kids, a town full of teenagers, a town full of mutants, a town full of Deathclaws, a "town" full of rich people, a town full of ants, it was like a theme park and then there was Megaton, who the hell would build a town around an unexploded bomb? Rivet City was the only place that made any sense, even there people would have starved to death because there was no food production.

I said the world the world building was better in fo3 and limiting the writing of the whole game to one faction is just odd.

Also it doesn't matter that you loved a quest or two. I hate witcher 1 and love oblivion, but I know that many of witcher 1 quests are better than oblivion's. Just because something is good doesn't mean you will love it, and just something bad doesn't mean you will hate it. It more up to taste in that matter.

Also, you refer to world building when talking about quests. Again, me and tirnoney did say Fo3 has better world building.

I think you're all comparing very different things here. In general people for whom the roleplaying aspects are the most important tend to prefer New Vegas, those who love exploring big detailed worlds and aren't so bothered by the quests being detailed, tend to prefer FO3 and FO4. That's a generalisation and not a universal truth. Some people will disagree and that's fine.

Judging New Vegas by its overall land mass is not how the people who love the game judge it. Just as the people who love FO3 do not judge it by the quality of its complex and branching quests or its factions.

That right.

For me fo4 was amazingly fun. I love the world and just want to ignore the quests to look in every corner and taking screenshots like a crazy Asian tourist. Wearing power armor while doing it made it just 5x times better. I never had so much fun since exploring a world since I first played oblivion, it was my first open world game of that scope. My world was pokmon, JRPGs and monster hunter for god sake.

I wouldn't even say FO3's world was better, yes it was more detailed but it made no sense at all. A town full of kids, a town full of teenagers, a town full of mutants, a town full of Deathclaws, a "town" full of rich people, a town full of ants, it was like a theme park and then there was Megaton, who the hell would build a town around an unexploded bomb? Rivet City was the only place that made any sense, even there people would have starved to death because there was no food production.

That was so good about it!

Logic for explorers doesn't matter and I don't think it does with some level designers. World building is about creativity, wonder and what if. If I want logical building, I can go outside or read a book.

Expect that bomb, that hardly makes sense.

People don't hate the game 12 million people bought it on day 1, this forum is not an accurate representation of the popularity of Fallout 4

You are also making an wrong representation of the popularity of Fallout 4 as well.

Go to Steam>state. Today it peaked at 112,673 players. Still not good that much, since PS4 and Xbone sold more units than PC each (every game does.)

People don't hate the game 12 million people bought it on day 1, this forum is not an accurate representation of the popularity of Fallout 4

They shipped 12 million, it's not the same as selling 12 million.

That was so good about it!

Logic for explorers doesn't matter and I don't think it does with some level designers. World building is about creativity, wonder and what if. If I want logical building, I can go outside or read a book.

Expect that bomb, that hardly makes sense.

It's not a game breaking but it is bad design, it's like no one at Bethesda ever sits back and looks at anything with a critical eye, the entire game is nonsense, fun nonsense but nonsense nonetheless.

It's not a game breaking but it is bad design, it's like no one at Bethesda ever sits back and looks at anything with a critical eye, the entire game is nonsense, fun nonsense but nonsense nonetheless.

That hardly a problem for me and many. It all up to detail, impact and fun factor in that nonsense for us.

Don't try @ jim_uk, it clearly doesn't appeal to you in any way. :laugh: Still good insight. I think they nailed TES cities in sense better.

Don't play a batman game from rock steady BTW. That cat would lose it golden hair very fast.

I am aware that FO4 is different from Witcher 3, but they still can be found under the RPG genre in any games list. The point is, one game is good, while the other is not. I am not a Witcher fan, in fact I had my doubts about Witcher 3 since I didnt like Witcher 2.

FO4 is different from Witcher 3 in the same way it is different from what a Fallout game used to be, and what a Fallout game should be.

Why do people hate FO4? Well, when you try to have a meaningful dialogue with your newly recruited companion, and all you get is:

A: Thoughts?

B: Blah blah blah.....

B: Yada yada yada.....

I dont know about you guys, but that doesn't sound like a conversation.

I am aware that FO4 is different from Witcher 3, but they still can be found under the RPG genre in any games list. The point is, one game is good, while the other is not. I am not a Witcher fan, in fact I had my doubts about Witcher 3 since I didnt like Witcher 2.

FO4 is different from Witcher 3 in the same way it is different from what a Fallout game used to be, and what a Fallout game should be.

Why do people hate FO4? Well, when you try to have a meaningful dialogue with your newly recruited companion, and all you get is:

B: Blah blah blah.....

B: Yada yada yada.....

I dont know about you guys, but that doesn't sound like a conversation.

Hi Danse! We're in the Glowing Sea, what do you have to say?

BROTHERHOOD!

Brotherhood.

SOLDIER!

Soldier.

8 chat spams later, he finally comments about the Glowing Sea.

WTB a mod that makes sure that the comment BASED ON WHERE YOU ARE has top priority for triggering?

Hi Danse! We're in the Glowing Sea, what do you have to say?
BROTHERHOOD!
Brotherhood.
SOLDIER!
Soldier.
8 chat spams later, he finally comments about the Glowing Sea.
WTB a mod that makes sure that the comment BASED ON WHERE YOU ARE has top priority for triggering?

Wait what?

Well, there was nothing like that in Skyrim. But maybe I can make his normal lines said less between each other maybe, thus let him talk about the glowing sea or something like that.