Why do people hate Fallout 4 so much?

DreadedKat

I am aware that FO4 is different from Witcher 3, but they still can be found under the RPG genre in any games list. The point is, one game is good, while the other is not. I am not a Witcher fan, in fact I had my doubts about Witcher 3 since I didnt like Witcher 2.

That true, but wrong in the same time. RPG is a very wide type of games. They are vastly different from each other.

You have the turn based story driven ones, the JRPGs, the loot driven ones, the action ones with real time combat, the ones where you lead more than one PC at time, the monster taming ones, the RP RPGs ones, the life sim ones, the combat focused one, the hardcore ones, the ones with building and so, many, more.

I mean:

Dark souls, borderlands, monster hunter, rune factory, TES, fallout, torchlight, daiblo, might and magic, D&D, warframe, WoW, VM:B, FF, mario RPG, persona. They are all RPGs, but still very different from each others you can't put them together.

FO4 is different from Witcher 3 in the same way it is different from what a Fallout game used to be, and what a Fallout game should be.

Then go and and buy the original dev wasteland 2 full price or POE.

The old turn based fallout is very long dead, they are dry bones now. Accept something that have been in your face for more than eight years now already.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much pew pew, quests few few? xD

edit: not that it matters since nobody, least of all our beloved Beth, will listen. I think they excel at mid-length quests, especially with a wacky surreal twist as well as the environmental placement stuff. Longer quests and in particular the MQ, well methinks they ought to hire a writer who likes writing and plotting out the intricacies of that sort of thing.

Dont get me wrong, Fallout 4 is a good game, and I've enjoyed the 24 or so hours I've played since it was released. I don't hate the game, but I am disappointed. I'm sure this has been stated before, but for me Fallout 4 in it's current state just far too "casual" for me to really enjoy like I did with the previous games in the series. This game is a perfect example of the old "1 step forward, 2 steps back" cliché. The graphics were updated, obviously, but they took away alot of the RPG elements that most fans of the series value high above the graphics. The character models looks a lot better, but you can't even put your gun on your back, it just appears out of thin air. Reloading benches? gone. Significant morality choices and Karma? gone. A real survival mode where you need to eat and sleep, in a game about a post apocolyptic world? gone. I could go on for hours.

For me, having played and really enjoyed Fallout 3, New Vegas, and even Witcher 3, it's just so disappointing to see this game fall short of expectations in so many small ways that ulitmately (in my opinion) result in it falling short of expectations in a big way. I sincerely hope that the creation kit is released soon and modders can get to work changing many of the things that really need changing in this game, rather than just more ways for us to see boobs in a video game. The game is almost unplayable in it's current form for me, but the sad reality is that it is still "a great game" to many people, which means more and more companies will continue this trend of making games more and more casual, just to sell more copies.

to answer the OP.

Because the game dose not come with a free Blow Job, 100 different voices to choose from, 59 unique endings, a map that covers all of north America, every gun that has ever been made, thousands of unique and fun side quests, photo realistic graphics, fully animated sex scans and usable tank turrets.

The first and last ones being most important.

This video sums up how I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KSb4wVBAGo

Yes, I think that's it more or less. As he says:

"What is it Bethesda? If you want to stop making roleplaying games, just come out of the closet."

I'm quite sure if Fallout 4 was a new game in a brand new franchise it would've been much more warmly received. Its chief problem is how far it deviates from its own predecessors. I enjoy it much more when I stop myself from comparing it to FO3 and New Vegas.

Edited by tirnoney

Hate? There is no such thing for FO4. If you're searching for hate or shitstorm, then look at Mass Effect 3 for example. Boy, that was some shitstorm. Not only the endings but also the fetch quests, the simplified dialogues, the meh scenario and the exaggerated linear shooter dimension on multiplayer maps.

FO4 is not a bad game, it just suffers from a lack of ambition. It seems to me that's it's just a transition game between two Elder Scrolls. Oh and like always, modders will fix it, right?

I'm quite sure if Fallout 4 was a new game in a brand new franchise it would've been much more warmly received. Its chief problem is how far it deviates from its own predecessors. I enjoy it much more when I stop myself from comparing it to FO3 and New Vegas.

Haven't been in this topic for a while and not gonna read 20 pages, but this is how I see it as well.

I too am very convinced that if they changed the name, re branded the franchise and cut down roots from 'Ye Ole Fallout' things would have gone a lot more positive for both F3 and F4, if only because you'd cut ties with older fans of the franchise and thus don't have to cater to their expectations witch Beth will never live up too.

On top of that they could have changed things drastically to fit their actual design and give a better storyLore/worldbuilding (whatever you guys call it here) to fit, Beth's loremasters do great work on TES but when it comes to Fallout they are leaving such gaping holes you can feel they are being limited by heir own doing .