I will not be buying this game until they release the toolset.

Sunsnub

I have played all the titles in the franchise without ever using mods. We were talking about games at work and one of my young padewan apprentices asked me if I had tried modding the game. Well here I am downloading a ton of mods for fallout 4. I don't have the skills myself but it seems like there are plenty of people here who don't really need the toolkit to get the job done. I will try making my own mods when the new geck comes out but until then I am happy using the stuff people have come up with already. I am a master electrician and I have plenty of tools that don't come with the apprentice starter kit. I imagine some of the master modders here understand that analogy.

Not everyone.

Today and right now, making new gear is hard. Removing things from cells seems like a bad idea, you can hardly script anything.

With the geck, we can make quests, towns, maybe change settlements size from north, west, east and south, add npcs, followers, script betters, change dialogue and many more. It also much easier to use.

Yea, but you don't 'need' that to play the game. The game is complete. It has some visual mods to enhance the experience. Changing the entire game is intended for subsequent playthroughs anyway. Not to you, but why on earth would you say no to a game you don't know and not accept it how the developers intended it. That's basically insulting them.

Because he can?

Some find a lot of fault on both game. And just use as a modding platform.

If you find a fault on the game that means you have to have played it. Saying no blindly is just stupid. And "because he can" doesn't mean anything. It's his choice and that's fine. What he's doing is either trolling or looking for approval because he's angry and insecure. Both are pretty sad if you ask me. If I don't want to buy a game I just don't buy it. I don't go online to cry about it to people I don't know.

Edited by AeonsLegend

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need to have played a game to find faults in it. I don't get this mindset We know, fIt's veyr possible to observe and know the faults and flaws of a game iwhtout haivng played it. that's half the reason reviewers are such a big part of hte industry.

You don't need to have played a game to find faults in it. I don't get this mindset We know, fIt's veyr possible to observe and know the faults and flaws of a game iwhtout haivng played it. that's half the reason reviewers are such a big part of hte industry.

Reviews made by people that didn't actually play the game usually portrait the game completely wrong. Reviewers are a big part of the industry and a lot of them suck and would have you only play retarded main stream games because they were paid to tell you it was awesome. It is possible to see faults in a game you don't play. I meant to say game breaking faults. I can show you 10 minutes of gameplay from Fallout that, if you didn't know the game, would make you never want to come anywhere near the damn thing.

Would you trust a deep diving instructor that has never been in the water? "I saw diving in a movie once, I'm an expert."

First of all I never said the vanilla out of the box game was bad, nor gave any kind of review of it (other than saying if it's anything like it's predecessors, and other work Bethesda has produced, I expect it to be good.) But the fact of the matter is Bethesda giving it's consumers the ability to truly mod their games is kind of their hallmark, and this should not be an afterthought, it should be a priority. I get it, patches break unpatched mods, so indeed it is prudent to wait a bit before releasing the toolset (I guess), but it's been more than a bit... See the date of this original post... moders have been waiting for quite a while already, and to talk of DLCs before releasing the toolset? That just shows it's not a priority.

To the guy who said there is already a lot of mods out there? Mesh overrides and what not are not mods. If that were true games like GTA, and the Witcher would be considered moddable, and they are not. Not in any real sense anyways. Real mods are exactly what one of the above posters alluded to and involve scripting amoungst other things. Things that are not currently available in FO4, but typlically are for Bethesda products.

And to the guy who was like "nobody cares" um... You know what website you are on right? Mods are kinda Nexus' and it's communities' thing...

Oh an to the haters... Not sure why you are hating on me... For wanting to put pressure on Bethesda to step up to the plate with this? Again it's part of what separates their games from a lot of other developers out there. I am a fan. And as such expect the same attributes in FO4 that have made me such a fan of many other of there games. Do you really think I am asking too much? Or maybe it is you haters that really don't know what you all are missing? Just because you are ignorant as to the quality and potential of this product, doesn't mean I am. WAKE UP, this should be a priority, and it's past due.

I think beth knowns this. They said they wanted the new modding tool to be very easy to use, and I'm not sure, but I think they hinted that console users can use it on their platforms? It wasn't clear to me. But a super simplified GECK can be awesome. It would be better if it was upgraded the modding tool to be faster.

Super simplified and "streamlined" worry me. Fallout four was "streamlined" and "simplified" and the elderscrolls series was "streamlined" and "simplified" and guess what happened in both places... the s*** show :tongue: (although Skyrim was indeed better than Oblivion, so, progress!)

This is just a bland, mediocre shooter game (with RPG mechanics, NOT RPG elements, which give a game more credit as an actual RPG game, mind you... but still.... rpg mechanics are better than nothing, although Borderlands is technically an RPG, and it only has RPG mechanics, so actually if you think about it, Fallout 4 is pretty close to Borderlands LOL take that how you wish).

The only thing that makes it truly unique that other games don't have... is power armor, and they even managed to make that feel bland and not special at all.

Now, do these facts make the game NOT FUN to play? Not really, I still have fun with it, and enjoy it to some degree. But that's like saying my favorite food is good to eat, when if I eat it too much, it too, will be bland and "just okay".

I'd rather play something more entertaining which is why I'm playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time to discover the magic :D. I'll look at some playthroughs of the DLCs to some degree in order to decide whether I want to come back, and i'll get some mods to try them out, but I can assure you that I won't play this as near as much as I did new vegas, FO3, Oblivion, Morrowind, or Skyrim. Not even close. Maybe i'll break the 120 hour mark, but that'll be it.

It's not a s*** game, but it's not the messiah either. It's kind of "chaotic neutral", if you get my drift.

Edited by oldspice2625

If you just live a scripted life, virtual or real doesn't matter, guided as a sort of Hamlet in Shakespeare by the Lord of the Machine, you'll always feel screwed at the end of the day. Instead, live your own phantasies in a Bethesda game, customize it as you may see fit and, by God, don't except their always stupid endings unquestioned. In Fallout 3 I was sweet eighteen and consequently very much interested in "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll", so I became what I was meant to be - a raider queen bee so that between Bethesda and Fairbanks Ruins every raider was just happy to see me. That's the way to play a Bethesda game, there is no other, I guess. In Fallout 4 and as a young mother myself, my Other Me is at level 83 and, again, everybody is just happy to see me... or dead already. Don't mess with mamacita hey! :tongue:

Edited by Jasemyne