Potential Database Breach

Dark0ne

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31556550.

azurkryptos wrote: Every site through the years, having had a breach and potentially losing my data or exposing me to viruses security breaches, should have done exactly what you have above:

1. Explain the situation/the companies thought process
2. Provide mitigation actions I should take
3. Provide legitimate apology
4. (the most important part)Explain actions they are taking to improve security.

I swear if they did, more humans would be cognizant of the level of threat their data is under and we might have a comprehensive set of laws, regulations, and technologies to limit the amount of cyber-crime, terrorism, and warfare, that excellent people like you are on the front lines of each day. You are a role-model for small and large companies alike about how these inevitable breaches should be handled.

Seconded.

Explaining things as done so above does not break trust, it builds it.

The fact that you have been up front with as much of the details as you can provide is a mark of real professionalism. Very few companies with a breach have actually let their users/customers know while still investigating the attack. That is the difference between being focused on making money versus being focused on the community. I am new to Nexus, but after reading this post, I have to say, "Yaay! Someone is getting it right!"

The heads up is appreciated! This will be initiative for others to take the required measures to keep themselves secure. Others usually wait until a great number of people are affected. Thank you and hopefully the situation will be resolved quickly and easily :)

In response to post #31556550. #31557865 is also a reply to the same post.

azurkryptos wrote: Every site through the years, having had a breach and potentially losing my data or exposing me to viruses security breaches, should have done exactly what you have above:

4. (the most important part)Explain actions they are taking to improve security.

I swear if they did, more humans would be cognizant of the level of threat their data is under and we might have a comprehensive set of laws, regulations, and technologies to limit the amount of cyber-crime, terrorism, and warfare, that excellent people like you are on the front lines of each day. You are a role-model for small and large companies alike about how these inevitable breaches should be handled.

BumNanner wrote: Seconded.

Well said. I feel the exact same way. No masking here.

In response to post #31556550. #31557865, #31558040 are all replies on the same post.

BumNanner wrote: Seconded.

Skippy0330 wrote: Well said. I feel the exact same way. No masking here.

I agree. Thanks for letting everyone know about the possible breach. You still have my full trust.

No trust broken Dark0ne, I for one appriciate all the work you & the team do to keep this great site running.

And as others have already said, thanks for keeping us all informed to this "potential threat".

Better & quicker info than many other BIG companies, keep up the great work all.

Simon