Fallout 4 1.3 Steam Beta Update Live

SirSalami

In response to post #33337215. #33340415, #33340785, #33357760, #33361375 are all replies on the same post.

Ethreon wrote:

Lel, CTD on using workbench with or without mods. GG

tarblex2010 wrote: +1
HippeusOmega wrote: ugh... was going to try out the beta patch but I guess I'll wait. Sometimes I wonder if it'd be a good idea for them to just release GECK and let modders fix the game.

They didn't even fix the damn wandering vendors.
freakiertruth wrote: Damn, give them SOME credit will ya? I know 'hur dur modders are better at video game development than bethesda' is a cool joke to be in on but they don't just sit around with their thumbs up their asses. Beta patch is a beta patch and you have no idea what state this guy's installation is in. Considering nobody else seems to have the same problem i'm betting it's on his end.
tarblex2010 wrote: This guy found a solution http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1583610-two-issues-with-the-new-update/#entry24862634

Any mod that changes the interface causes this issue for my case it was this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/354/?

yup

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #33337215. #33340415, #33340785 are all replies on the same post.

Ethreon wrote:

HippeusOmega wrote: ugh... was going to try out the beta patch but I guess I'll wait. Sometimes I wonder if it'd be a good idea for them to just release GECK and let modders fix the game.

Damn, give them SOME credit will ya? I know 'hur dur modders are better at video game development than bethesda' is a cool joke to be in on but they don't just sit around with their thumbs up their asses. Beta patch is a beta patch and you have no idea what state this guy's installation is in. Considering nobody else seems to have the same problem i'm betting it's on his end.

A joke? you're the one acting like a joke, modders are way more competent clearly, the only advantage Beth has as a studio over them is the fact they actually pay their workers so the team doesn't get split up. If modding wasn't there, all of Bethesda games would be NOTHING. They would be steaming piles of s#*! that only fanboys would buy, losing their value after 40 hours of gameplay max. I'll give them credit once GECK is released, as somehow Obsidian had NO issues with releasing GECK on same day the game was released. Not to mention I'm 80% sure that GECK will be delayed just so consoles can get (official) modding at same time as PCs, which is an extremely ridiculous concept because if you want to mod games you should've bought a game for PC in the first place, it's a waste of time. So no, don't force people to give credit to a company that's just DOING WHAT ANY COMPANY DOES, aka making patches. Did gaming standards really sink so low that we're thanking studios for patching their games shortly after it was released? you're probably one of those people who pre-order every AAA title game.....

In response to post #33337215. #33340415, #33340785 are all replies on the same post.

Ethreon wrote:

Damn, give them SOME credit will ya? I know 'hur dur modders are better at video game development than bethesda' is a cool joke to be in on but they don't just sit around with their thumbs up their asses. Beta patch is a beta patch and you have no idea what state this guy's installation is in. Considering nobody else seems to have the same problem i'm betting it's on his end.

A joke? you're the one acting like a joke, modders are way more competent clearly, the only advantage Beth has as a studio over them is the fact they actually pay their workers so the team doesn't get split up. If modding wasn't there, all of Bethesda games would be NOTHING. They would be steaming piles of s*** that only fanboys would buy, losing their value after 40 hours of gameplay max. I'll give them credit once GECK is released, as somehow Obsidian had NO issues with releasing GECK on same day the game was released. Not to mention I'm 80% sure that GECK will be delayed just so consoles can get (official) modding at same time as PCs, which is an extremely ridiculous concept because if you want to mod games you should've bought a game for PC in the first place, it's a waste of time. So no, don't force people to give credit to a company that's just DOING WHAT ANY COMPANY DOES, aka making patches. Did gaming standards really sink so low that we're thanking studios for patching their games shortly after it was released? you're probably one of those people who pre-order every AAA title game.....

He was just trying to bash on me for reporting a bug (which exists for other people and has a simple solution), while applying his fanboy-ism. Nothing to see here :)

Anyway, fix works, go ahead and follow it if you got issues.

Don't know why, but whatever they did with 1.3 caused ridiculous loading times. I have some of the fastest OCZ SSD's available, and I never had the 5 minute loading times everyone was complaining about on release. It would be like 5 or 10 seconds tops, with two dozen mods even! Now suddenly it's up near a minute or two. That doesn't make any sense.

Don't know why, but whatever they did with 1.3 caused ridiculous loading times. I have some of the fastest OCZ SSD's available, and I never had the 5 minute loading times everyone was complaining about on release. It would be like 5 or 10 seconds tops, with two dozen mods even! Now suddenly it's up near a minute or two. That doesn't make any sense.

Known issue. You can report it on the official channels, maybe more reports will make them move faster.

In response to post #33347605. #33354330 is also a reply to the same post.

DeadPixelz01 wrote: Hi, kinda new to modding games that are still getting frequent updates. Once a stable version of this patch comes out, will I have to uninstall my mods before updating, or is it fine to just leave my mods in and update?
Tantalus010 wrote: You won't lose any mods by updating and the mods won't interfere with the update process, but some mods might not work properly after the update.

Oki, thanks for the info! :)

It appears that a number retexture type mods have ceased to work. Or at least this is the case on my end. Any mods that replace textures on armor, example: Brotherhood of Chrome, the Camo type textures etc. Also a couple of the settlement building mods seem to cause a CTD or bad freeze up when you try to select a specific item in the workshop. Bethesda have asked for feedback from those already modding FO4 to comment if any problems were occurring. I posted my experience with my current mod situation, however my problem may not be someone else's problem as each person's install could be different.

In response to post #33369190.

Verz wrote:

Ethreon wrote:

A joke? you're the one acting like a joke, modders are way more competent clearly, the only advantage Beth has as a studio over them is the fact they actually pay their workers so the team doesn't get split up. If modding wasn't there, all of Bethesda games would be NOTHING. They would be steaming piles of s#*! that only fanboys would buy, losing their value after 40 hours of gameplay max. I'll give them credit once GECK is released, as somehow Obsidian had NO issues with releasing GECK on same day the game was released. Not to mention I'm 80% sure that GECK will be delayed just so consoles can get (official) modding at same time as PCs, which is an extremely ridiculous concept because if you want to mod games you should've bought a game for PC in the first place, it's a waste of time. So no, don't force people to give credit to a company that's just DOING WHAT ANY COMPANY DOES, aka making patches. Did gaming standards really sink so low that we're thanking studios for patching their games shortly after it was released? you're probably one of those people who pre-order every AAA title game.....

Bethesda always delay the CK. It allows them to get feedback, and to build up hype. Note that NV used the same exact engine and CK as Fallout 3, so there was no need for further CK development. Same deal though for Skyrim, there was no modding support for that for several months.

I think what you fail to understand is that these beta patches are not only fixing bugs, which many companies don't even do properly, but adding new features requested by the fanbase, and will being doing so for the forseeable future. They don't have to do this. I'm not gonna be condescending and order you to be thankful to Bethesda for fixing their own s#*!, which they should be doing regardless, but at least acknowledge that they're making an effort.

Because right now? You're not winning anyone over. You just, and forgive my language, sound like an entitled prick. We get it, you bought the game, and expect full credit for doing so. Sorry 'bout the Ad Hom, couldn't think of a more subtle way of getting my message across. Edited by Rioplats