Fallout 4 1.3 Steam Beta Update Live

SirSalami

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #33339385. #33349315 is also a reply to the same post.

Arkngt wrote: Works fine for me, but, alas, it doesn't fix my main issue with the game, namely that I often get bugged out (invisible, non-working) weapons when switching, so that was a minus. I also get much longer load times than before. On the plus side, HBAO+ looks nice and I seem to can afford it FPS-wise.
mm137 wrote: I've been getting that one too. Have to switch to 3rd person and back to fix it.

Actually, the weapon switching issue is almost completely gone. It's not perfect as I still can get a longer delay when switching than it should be, but much better. So seems the patch fixed my most annoying issue with the game. The only downside is the longer load times,

In response to post #33341565. #33341655, #33341810, #33341940, #33357640 are all replies on the same post.

Venlafaxin wrote: "Added status menu for settlers in your settlements"
Am I too stupid to find this? O.o
HippeusOmega wrote: From what I understand you hover over the settler and it brings up minor information that tells you if they are assigned to something or not.
Venlafaxin wrote: Ah! Thanks. I thought it was a window of some kind. Really useful, though. I need this on Ps4 Asap xD
HippeusOmega wrote: Yeah I downloaded the beta. Seems to be working with my mods so far. No CTD's so far. Can't use Script Extender though. Basically when your in workshop mode it'll tell you if they are assigned to something with icons. Like my one medic shop user now has a medic sign when in workshop mode.
freakiertruth wrote: FANTASTIC NEWS

It only says if they are assigned to a job and has a symbol for what the job is. If you assign all settlers to a bed(so they wont use yours) it wont tell you that and it wont say what food they are assigned to just farming in general. Though I don't think assigning them to a specific crop matters but it would be nice.

Also you cannot undress a companion anymore even using the dog collar trick. For those who wonder why this is necessary, I have some clothing mods where I want to put Curie in a corset and boots. The corset and boots end up overlapping her clothes. So I tried using the console to remove the outfit. The outfit was removed but was immediately re-added. If you remove their original outfit it will be replaced immediately with flannel and jeans.

In response to post #33374230.

jdb1776 wrote: Don't know why, but whatever they did with 1.3 caused ridiculous loading times. I have some of the fastest OCZ SSD's available, and I never had the 5 minute loading times everyone was complaining about on release. It would be like 5 or 10 seconds tops, with two dozen mods even! Now suddenly it's up near a minute or two. That doesn't make any sense.

same here.. 2 minutes with SSD, instead of 20 seconds what it was before.

In response to post #33369190. #33385585 is also a reply to the same post.

Verz wrote:

In response to post #33337215. #33340415, #33340785 are all replies on the same post.

Ethreon wrote:

Lel, CTD on using workbench with or without mods. GG

tarblex2010 wrote: +1
HippeusOmega wrote: ugh... was going to try out the beta patch but I guess I'll wait. Sometimes I wonder if it'd be a good idea for them to just release GECK and let modders fix the game.

They didn't even fix the damn wandering vendors.

Damn, give them SOME credit will ya? I know 'hur dur modders are better at video game development than bethesda' is a cool joke to be in on but they don't just sit around with their thumbs up their asses. Beta patch is a beta patch and you have no idea what state this guy's installation is in. Considering nobody else seems to have the same problem i'm betting it's on his end.

A joke? you're the one acting like a joke, modders are way more competent clearly, the only advantage Beth has as a studio over them is the fact they actually pay their workers so the team doesn't get split up. If modding wasn't there, all of Bethesda games would be NOTHING. They would be steaming piles of s#*! that only fanboys would buy, losing their value after 40 hours of gameplay max. I'll give them credit once GECK is released, as somehow Obsidian had NO issues with releasing GECK on same day the game was released. Not to mention I'm 80% sure that GECK will be delayed just so consoles can get (official) modding at same time as PCs, which is an extremely ridiculous concept because if you want to mod games you should've bought a game for PC in the first place, it's a waste of time. So no, don't force people to give credit to a company that's just DOING WHAT ANY COMPANY DOES, aka making patches. Did gaming standards really sink so low that we're thanking studios for patching their games shortly after it was released? you're probably one of those people who pre-order every AAA title game.....

Rioplats wrote: Bethesda always delay the CK. It allows them to get feedback, and to build up hype. Note that NV used the same exact engine and CK as Fallout 3, so there was no need for further CK development. Same deal though for Skyrim, there was no modding support for that for several months.

I think what you fail to understand is that these beta patches are not only fixing bugs, which many companies don't even do properly, but adding new features requested by the fanbase, and will being doing so for the forseeable future. They don't have to do this. I'm not gonna be condescending and order you to be thankful to Bethesda for fixing their own s#*!, which they should be doing regardless, but at least acknowledge that they're making an effort.

Because right now? You're not winning anyone over. You just, and forgive my language, sound like an entitled prick. We get it, you bought the game, and expect full credit for doing so. Sorry 'bout the Ad Hom, couldn't think of a more subtle way of getting my message across.

@Rioplats
What you fail to understand is that you are asking us to thank someone for PARTIALLY fixing a broken product they have already sold us.

Lets say you bought a car from me...and it was missing its brake pads. Would you appreciate the effort if i gave you a stick to drag along the ground in order to create friction and stop??? How about if i gave away a free mirror ornament?

If you ordered a pizza from me...and all you got was the base and sauce...Would you appreciate the effort if i sprinkled cheese on it but not the toppings you ordered??? How about if i threw in some cheese and chive dip??

Bottom line is ...Quit making excuses for dodgy company practices and defend your consumer rights..because when you don't, you mess up MY consumer rights as well and i don't feel the need to be treated like a money tossing idiot just because YOU like to behave as one.

PS. Feel free to call me a prick..correct > politically correct ANY day of the week. Edited by dw420

hi,

I installed the beta patch and all was fine, cuz the fakt i played the whole game to the end i was in mid i start a new one.

Problem on my side is now i leave the voult 111 and walk down to codsworth, than a Raider scavvenger is running down the hill and for now he was stalking me, i was confiused cuz he dont attaked me only the enemys rad roaches and bothflys who attak me.

All fine i scrap all in santuary build a smal house some beds i was happy, than i go ahead for dogmeat...

.. and the raider attaked him ! both are not able to die, i cant aim the raider in vats cuz he is a "essenthial raider scavvener". ö.ö

second problem is i cant get dogmeat as follower.

installed mods are cosmetic + settlement things and more spawn + no hp scaling on level up + realistik damage ö.ö.

i reloadet a old savegame and start from there now :/ all works fine.

(sry for my bad english but i searched arround the web for this solution and i found nothing, after some restarts on leaving the voult the raider spawns always and attak all friendly ppl, maybe its time to play the angry bad way and kill all ! o.o)

(edit i will upload a screenshot if im back @home.)

Edited by Einster

need help just installed the new beta update and i lost all my mods and to be honest i feel as though it really hasnt done much to the game still lots of glitches etc. can some one tell me how to uninstall this update and revert back to my old game . i backed everything up before hand. dont want to do something wrong and loose everything.. thanks in advance