One way to keep Steam from breaking all your mods

Degasai

I never messed with BPM either, until I got my Steam Controller. Now i can't game without the SC and if you try to take it away I will hop into my maxed-out X01 armor and fatman you until you give it back.

Any plans for a one that better made by the way? I meant the only one right now feels plastics and has loud sounds.

I never messed with BPM either, until I got my Steam Controller. Now i can't game without the SC and if you try to take it away I will hop into my maxed-out X01 armor and fatman you until you give it back.

Any plans for a one that better made by the way? I meant the only one right now feels plastics and has loud sounds.

It's made to at least the same standards as an Xbox controller, if not better (the circuit board in particular is built to PC motherboard standards). As far as those 'loud sounds', those are the haptics, and there's really no way to change that short of changing the strength or turning them off completely. Trust me, after a very short time the sound doesn't even register anymore, and the enhancement the haptics provide in terms of feedback and controllability is without peer.

Really?

Most of the mods out are bare bones basics that honestly don't do THAT much of a difference. An admirable thing that people are doing, but really, these mods are so basic that I don't think that anyone would truly need them that much to make such a stink about it.

Yeah, it's inconvenient to have to go through all of that or not be able to do what you want in your game, but this, "I'm the customer, so what I want is right, no matter what!!!!1!1!" mentality is silly, IMHO.

The good stuff, the Script Extender dependent mods, the overhauls, the SkyUI's of FO4, have yet to even come out because of the CK's delay. If that was the case, i'd understand, but form what I see on the nexus, there's really not a whole hell of a lot out right now that'd be so terrible not to have.

Body replacers and all that will be updated, texture packs and so forth, all of these things will be updated eventually anyways, so why not wait until they are not so unstable?

If you really despise this game so much that you can't "Bear to play it vanilla", then just can the game and wait till the CK comes out... now's the time to be rediscovering the hidden gems of FNV, FO3, Skyrim, etc... that you didn't bother with, while you wait.

I know I am, until the CK gives modders the full ability to really let loose, because I know what I want can't be done with such primitive means as of late.

This is my main gripe about Steam, that it has zero respect for how the person who owns the game and PC wants updates to be handled. Patches often break things and that seems to be doubly true for Bethesda games.

Even worse is what happened last time, with them screwing up and disabling mods like that. Removing mods mid-game is the most reliable way to permanently corrupt a save file. If that was an accident, they need to get their act together. If it was deliberate, then they're committing an illegal bait and switch. They've been promoting and selling the game for months with the assurance that it supports 3rd party mods. If they're going to keep deliberately tampering with the config files that enables that support, then I hope someone files a complaint about it with their state attorney-general.

I've fought with Steam more than once. I've found that the most reliable way to avoid an unwanted patch is to use that "don't update until game is launched" option, NEVER launch the game from within Steam (use mod manager, script extender, or just use the fallout.exe directly) and make sure Steam is offline before starting the game. You should also backup the entire game folder, just to be sure, though that's a lot of storage space to use up.

blah blah blah

Why do people like this always appear? This is a site for making and using game mods. What part of this can you possibly be confused about?

• 2 weeks later...

If you open up Big Picture Mode and go into your Library, highlight a game and go to Manage Game, and then go into Set Update Options there is an option for Never Automatically Update. It works, too.

Well, i did this....but it still updated my game today when i started it up

Checked in bpm again and it has reverted the change i made back to 'automatically keep game up to date' :/