What's with the 12-y.o. female textures?

r0tlisbrgr

I was just wondering, what's the appeal in bringing a child along when facing the wasteland?

I see a lot of these mods/presets/whatever popping up and all they seem to do is make the female followers look like 12-year-old girls. They are very well done and get a lot of thumbs up, I'm just a little confused as to why people would want girls (women) to look like this.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you!

Note: I am not trying to passive aggressively start up something here, I'm genuinely interested in why you guys think this is awesome.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know which mods you are referring to, as I've been busy writing and not spending much time browsing the mod pages lately.

However, there is a very large variety of forms the human body takes, especially in the case of females. Not all grown women are endowed with curves and large breasts. It is not uncommon at all for a woman to be flat chested or have slender legs or any of the other features you would associate with being child like.

Genetically, not all women are born to look like the images on TV. It is highly common for someone to live a totally healthy lifestyle and eat right and workout and still have a perpetually slim frame.

I had a girl ask me out on a date once, and I told her, 'I'm too old for you... You do realize I am 24...' because I would have sworn she looked like she was still in High School. Turns out she was 10 years older than me...

Maybe there are very small framed women on this website that want to make characters that they feel represent them. Maybe some guy out there has a wife or girlfriend that has that body type. I don't think we should just assume that because of the figure that there is some pedophile type intentions going on.

I don't know which mods you are referring to, as I've been busy writing and not spending much time browsing the mod pages lately.

However, there is a very large variety of forms the human body takes, especially in the case of females. Not all grown women are endowed with curves and large breasts. It is not uncommon at all for a woman to be flat chested or have slender legs or any of the other features you would associate with being child like.

Genetically, not all women are born to look like the images on TV. It is highly common for someone to live a totally healthy lifestyle and eat right and workout and still have a perpetually slim frame.

I had a girl ask me out on a date once, and I told her, 'I'm too old for you... You do realize I am 24...' because I would have sworn she looked like she was still in High School. Turns out she was 10 years older than me...

Maybe there are very small framed women on this website that want to make characters that they feel represent them. Maybe some guy out there has a wife or girlfriend that has that body type. I don't think we should just assume that because of the figure that there is some pedophile type intentions going on.

I have a female friend that looks 13 that is 21 now when I think about it.

I have a female friend that looks 13 that is 21 now when I think about it. It kind of common from where I came from.

Edited by Boombro

I'm actually not referring to body shapes, and I am well aware of the diversity of the human form.

I'm referring to altering the facial structures so the adult females no longer look adult, but child like, and it just made me wonder why someone would think that would constitute a "cool companion". That's all.

I'm actually not referring to body shapes, and I am well aware of the diversity of the human form.

I'm referring to altering the facial structures so the adult females no longer look adult, but child like, and it just made me wonder why someone would think that would constitute a "cool companion". That's all.

Pixar, anime, other media influences. It is commonplace for art styles to have that kind of look to it.

To question this is to question art itself, and that isn't something I am qualified to do.

Pixar, anime, other media influences. It is commonplace for art styles to have that kind of look to it.

To question this is to question art itself, and that isn't something I am qualified to do.

Heh, nor am I - and I wasn't intending to. I didn't think of the whole anime thing, but that probably explains it. Thanks!

I am chiming in without reading the entire comments. But this may have a lot to do with Japanese animation as someone said above. Japanese animations love to portray someone really young yet with the maturity and/or abilities that can be capable to serve a strong character. Either that, or someone that LOOKs like a child. In Final Fantasy 11, they have the tarus that in any way you look they are cute tiny dwarf-like huggable humanoids. But that is just their look. They actually live longer than humans and some notable characters are some 100+ years old (if my memory serves).

Even in some more serious survival kind of anime that has setting close to Fallout (real people with no special power, struggling to get by), there is always some very wise kid with extraordinary martial art (yep, human enough) that seems to be solving your problems when he/she shows up. Either extraordinary martial art or some know-it-all mechanic (like Rey in Star Wars) but in a smaller, pre-teen like package.