Romance

JackTrenton

I think that when dealing with AI calculations are required. Thus, you get -2 for Piper if you murder an innocent, you get +0.25 for each picked lock. I think an easy step would be for more realistic consequences built into the calculations. You murder someone, Piper won't have anything else to do with you.

The thing is, is it lore friendly?

In fallout, there are no jails and strict law. If someone did anything to you have the right to take his head off.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile in Diamond City...

I have started an Italian romance with Gianni the haircutter. He has a real looking job that serves my needs and is, thus, capable to feed a family. If his dominant mama accepts me one day, well, that's another matter, huh?

:wub:

Edited by Jasemyne

Meanwhile in Diamond City...

I have started an Italian romance with Gianni the haircutter. He has a real looking job that serves my needs and is, thus, capable to feed a family. If his dominant mama accepts me one day, well, that's another matter, huh?

Every gal or dude for himself. And free hair cuts!

I have my eyes on Travis myself or the weapon dealer.

I think that when dealing with AI calculations are required. Thus, you get -2 for Piper if you murder an innocent, you get +0.25 for each picked lock. I think an easy step would be for more realistic consequences built into the calculations. You murder someone, Piper won't have anything else to do with you.

In fallout, there are no jails and strict law. If someone did anything to you have the right to take his head off.

I was just offering a different perspective :). I guess writing about a crime would be Piper's way of taking someone's head off. Of course I've noticed that she is a pretty good shot. I zoomed in with my Recon 10mm for a headshot and Piper beat me to it :).

There is a difference though between something being the law, and your having a choice to date them or not.

Frankly, you can dislike someone for whatever reason, even if they're not breaking any law. You can dislike them for smoking, or conversely for nagging about smoking. You can dislike someone for being a dog person. You can dislike them for liking the "wrong" kind of music.

I actually disliked a co-worker for insisting on talking about politics, even after making it amply clear that I'm not interested. And at that, for having some political views that I found appalling, such as saying that healthcare for the elderly shouldn't be subsidized, because they only go to the doctor because they're bored and want to chat with someone, anyway. There's nothing illegal about being far right about politics, but I'm a leftie, so we didn't like each other much.

Etc.

None of that is illegal, but it doesn't mean I have to date them just because they picked two dozen locks :tongue:

Unless the radiation made people absolutely devoid of any personality, I fail to see how having personal tastes, opinions and preferences would be against lore.

But... that's personal considerations. If we're talking lore, you might notice that in the game people DO have strong opinions of other people. E.g., Glory refers to Carrington as "poansy-ass", while Deacon calls him "that asshole, Carrington". McCready pretty much flips out about the Railroad armed reception. Hell, some people shoot each other on sight.

And things could get even more heated in previous games, to say the least. E.g., I doubt that the Bishop family head would be best buddies with that singer that plowed his daughter in NV even if he lockpicked and stole everything from New Reno to New Vegas.

I fail to see why such opinions wouldn't influence what people they want to associate with at all, much less date.

The best ones do.

Or ones with cold ones or people who don't give a dame.

I always figured it is better to have two people who have their own full and satisfying lives and simply spend time with each other because they enjoy each other. I find it to be a much more healthy dynamic than two people who are trying to use someone else to complete them.

I like dating girls that have busy lives going to med school or being successful in their career or traveling and studying art or spending time with their family and having a rich full life not centered around me. Just because she is spending 2 weeks studying for finals and I have spent the last 3 weeks working all the time trying to start my business, doesn't mean that we like or dislike each other any more.

I don't believe in the concept of constant relationship maintenance.

I always figured it is better to have two people who have their own full and satisfying lives and simply spend time with each other because they enjoy each other. I find it to be a much more healthy dynamic than two people who are trying to use someone else to complete them.

I like dating girls that have busy lives going to med school or being successful in their career or traveling and studying art or spending time with their family and having a rich full life not centered around me. Just because she is spending 2 weeks studying for finals and I have spent the last 3 weeks working all the time trying to start my business, doesn't mean that we like or dislike each other any more.
I don't believe in the concept of constant relationship maintenance.

So, buddies with benefits pretty much?

I never saw it like that. Aren't some people doing that already? But I agree, it healthier by the end of the day. But it really up to the person, some don't like it and just feel worse.