Romance

JackTrenton

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the thing that bugs me the most about the romance options in the game is that the romanceable companions don't seem to have a gender preference. Now, before everyone jumps down my throat let me explain why. It'd be far more interesting from an RP perspective to play a character that has a crush on one of the companions and NOT be able to succeed simply because that character isn't their 'type'.

It'd also be nice to be able to romance someone that wasn't a full-on battle companion. Arturo in Diamond City and Daisy from Goodneighbor spring immediately to mind (Daisy is just so nice, reminds me of Shahvee).

As far as the OP, I couldn't care less about sex scenes. It's not because I'm prudish, they just seem like they'd be gratuitous in the game.

I think the thing that bugs me the most about the romance options in the game is that the romanceable companions don't seem to have a gender preference. Now, before everyone jumps down my throat let me explain why. It'd be far more interesting from an RP perspective to play a character that has a crush on one of the companions and NOT be able to succeed simply because that character isn't their 'type'.

Then everyone makes mod to make them BI.

Plus it save voice acting costs.

There is something like that, the dis/like option, the fail flirt options and the forever fail after three tries romance option.

It'd also be nice to be able to romance someone that wasn't a full-on battle companion. Arturo in Diamond City and Daisy from Goodneighbor spring immediately to mind (Daisy is just so nice, reminds me of Shahvee).

I also agree, but it a bit hard to give them meaning to the player as much as a follower.

I mean when I fight with Danse, I can always count on his big frame, stand behind his back and use a flamer to stay safe and still kick ass. You know, stuff like that.

Don't get me wrong, I would be happy for a romance Travis option. But this is beth and they are better at showing stories.

I think hugging and stuff would be nice for animation or like first kiss lol I mean...I'm only OBSESSED with Deacon, and frustrated I can't be his lover. Lmao. I'd be content with like closer friend dialogues with huggy animation xD like instead of sex animation for Deacon, we get a hug moment with some small dialogue (like the fade to black sex scenes get) x.x that would be so cute. I'm so killing myself with all this, cause I know, this kind of thing likely won't happen QQ

This is much more likely to happen with new characters than with an existing character like Deacon. Though I have found it very possible to impersonate characters with a skilled voice actor and some audio engineering, it is a bit of a pain.

Voice actors who can impersonate are not exactly a resource the Nexus has in great supply. I still haven't found someone to do Nick Valentine...

Voice actors who can impersonate are not exactly a resource the Nexus has in great supply. I still haven't found someone to do Nick Valentine...

It not wise to only look for five star VA for free work though. Most are just or barely starting.

It not wise to only look for five star VA for free work though. Most are just or barely starting.

That's why I said that the chances of such a mod being done with Deacon are more slim than with a new character.

I personally am only doing going to attempt it with 4 characters because of how short the supply of voice actors is. And in reality 4 might be overdoing it, but it just doesn't seem right to have a quest mod that doesn't tie back in to the vanilla game world at all.

please do Deacon QQ there are a lot of fangirls out there that are begging to have more Deacon.

please do Deacon QQ there are a lot of fangirls out there that are begging to have more Deacon.

I wonder why you cannot romance a Sentry bot.

That's just so silly.

I mean, one can even romance Curie, so.

IMHO, this is just discrimination towards the Sentry Bots. :(