Romance

JackTrenton

Voice actors who can impersonate are not exactly a resource the Nexus has in great supply. I still haven't found someone to do Nick Valentine...

It not wise to only look for five star VA for free work though. Most are just or barely starting.

please do Deacon QQ there are a lot of fangirls out there that are begging to have more Deacon.

I can write, program, animate, and do the sound engineering, but without a voice actor willing to try I don't have a way use Deacon in my mod.

I'm calling it quits after Hancock, Nick, and the player characters. Finding voice actors is too stressful.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Them make them voiceless for those who want?

Never going to happen in one of my mods.

If someone else wants to do so in his or her mod, all the more power to them. But I think voiced player and npcs are imperative in games like this.

I would sooner not release my mod at all than to release it without voices.

Well, you could always make a mute Companion.
Maybe as kid the had an accident having her vocal cords damaged beyond repair?

Who knows?

Let her do sign language with a subtitle explaining her signalling?

I mean, it can be quite tricky for the signalling, but, it would be quite immersive.

There just are mute and deaf people, see. :)

AND some might even very much appreciate such, since those people are left out of games in general.
Which is sad.

I think the thing that bugs me the most about the romance options in the game is that the romanceable companions don't seem to have a gender preference. Now, before everyone jumps down my throat let me explain why. It'd be far more interesting from an RP perspective to play a character that has a crush on one of the companions and NOT be able to succeed simply because that character isn't their 'type'.

There are two schools of thought on this.

Bethesda tends to favor keeping things open for the player, if you choose to hit on an NPC they'll be attracted to your gender. This tends to be part of the whole "play the way you want" design philosophy of their open worlds.

Bioware tends to give their characters their own individual personalities with gender preferences that can restrict your options. This tends to fit in with their strong character based storytelling.

Honestly at the end of the day, I'm not sure which approach is better.

I think the thing that bugs me the most about the romance options in the game is that the romanceable companions don't seem to have a gender preference. Now, before everyone jumps down my throat let me explain why. It'd be far more interesting from an RP perspective to play a character that has a crush on one of the companions and NOT be able to succeed simply because that character isn't their 'type'.

Bethesda tends to favor keeping things open for the player, if you choose to hit on an NPC they'll be attracted to your gender. This tends to be part of the whole "play the way you want" design philosophy of their open worlds.

Bioware tends to give their characters their own individual personalities with gender preferences that can restrict your options. This tends to fit in with their strong character based storytelling.

I like beth way TBH, I know, I know. But it people will whine more.

I like beth way TBH, I know, I know. But it people will whine more.

People will whine no matter what, because they are bad people who don't want to see happiness in the world.

I personally think certain characters make sense to have open gender preferences, while other characters totally do not. I don't see what would be so wrong with having half of the characters prefer only one gender and the other half being open to either.

The idea is to have to most meaningful dialogue available to the most players. If having a character be bisexual sterilizes the dialogue of a particular character, then it has defeated the purpose. I think Piper's dialogue could have been written slightly better if they had a particular gender in mind. I don't think it would make one bit of difference with Cait.