Fallout 4 DLC NEWS!

Boombro

FO4 has been the most bug-free at launch game I've seen yet from Bethesda. I've have literally encountered ZERO game-breaking bugs, and only the (rare) glitch that's usually fixed by a reload (if I even have to go that far).

than you must have been incredibly lucky

Edited by bladexdsl

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FO4 has been the most bug-free at launch game I've seen yet from Bethesda. I've have literally encountered ZERO game-breaking bugs, and only the (rare) glitch that's usually fixed by a reload (if I even have to go that far).

I have to agree with digitaltrucker, i to have had no serious problems, any ctd's, gamebreaking bugs. All that happened was from screwing around with ini settings and mods, either quickly fixed mod issues or simple conflicts. Only really big issue was broken savegames after the 1.3 patch, but still that was on a save with close to 120 mods. Starting a new game in the exact same setup was and still is no problem.

I have a strong feeling almost all problems have to do with user errors, installing things wrong, ini edits and/or hardly meeting the minimum requirements, unbalanced hardware and driver/other software errors. Not the game itself.

I've only had one CTD that wasn't mod-related. It didn't happen again when I reloaded the game and did the same thing I did the first time. I've seen the frozen animation thing maybe three times and Danse went swimming around a floor once...all of those corrected themselves when the game sent a new animation call.

The game flat-out locked up on me last night (for the first time ever) and I had to force-quit it. Turns out I'd somehow launched the game twice, and the second instance was trying to load a video - user error.

Anyone notice this announcement:

"And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more."

I'm not sure why Beth should bother. This is the sort of stuff the modding community can do better. Beth, please focus on optimisation and fixing bugs.

Because it becomes a standard feature of the game. If a player wants the harder features of a beefed up Survival Mode, he would no longer have to dig around a mod website to be able to get that experience. He'd simply have to go into the Options and set Survival Difficulty, and DONE. Bethesda is also again finally making official several mods that have brought more "Survival" in several of their past games. Skyrim, FO3, FONV have had "Survival" oriented mods with some decent following. Bethesda is going to make it official, just like they did with Settlement Building which modders have tried in FO3, etc. I also expect, just as with Settlement Building in FO4, for modders to take it and really run with it.

More features in the base game is always good. Bug fixes and all are still just as important though.

I've actually had the same experience, 285 hours of playing and I haven't had any serious problems, despite my computer being below the minimum requirements for the game, running it on Medium settings and presently using 132 mods (I like to live dangerously).

I've had several infinite loading screens, (prior to the change in how to use the ini to allow mods), that were fixed by a restart.

I had one follower develop that strange floating Y-shaped position like they used to in Skyrim but fixed that by reverting to an earlier save (about 20 mins back).

Been caught inside the occasional object, fixed with either TCL or fast-travel.

And a couple of monsters inexplicably jumping up into the sky and dramatically falling to their deaths.

I'm really impressed with FO4 from a stability and performance level. Considering the ridiculous things I've done to this game with testing mods and running it way above what my computer should be able to manage, I'm astounded by it.

i've had

• dogmeat get stuck in a door
  • power armor with me in it get stuck in the ceiling and had to reload.
  • raylee refuses to show up at settlement (in 2 playthru!)
  • ctd at complete random at red rocket if i go into the garage (i'm completely avoiding even going in there now)
  • companions stuck in sitting position bug
  • settlers on the roofs
  • settlers floating (see my pics)
  • settlers stuck in aftermath loop after an attack (keep asking me glad you showed up)
  • settlers falling through floors
  • walls at the quarry super bright and the floor floats
  • the dreaded synth settler imposter quest refusing to complete
  • falling through elevators near the commonwealth bank

that's all i can think of but there is prob more. check my pics for proof. every bug i encounter i post it hilariously. :laugh:

He is far from the only one.

I've played well over 100+ hours with my game still being in launch state without patches or mods. In that time I have had 1 instance where the frame rate dropped and 1 instance where Liberty Prime could not walk past a gateway.

1 problem per 50 hours played in my opinion is not just good for a Bethesda game, but better than most games in general.

I give Bethesda 5 stars on this one.

There's a lot of misinformation bouncing around this thread. DLC are not "already built in" or modders would have uncovered them already. Every single file has been picked over many times by many people at this point, minus the scripts we need the GECK for. Bethesda has always used mostly new files for DLC, as anybody who has bothered to look can tell you. Aside from arguably Broken Steel, every DLC has been in a new area, for both Fallout and Elder Scrolls going all the way back to Morrowind at least. Even crap like Horse Armor was new content. There's no way these were finished before the game's release, and no reason to think they would plop down a new landmass in the Commonwealth somehow.

It's also ridiculous to expect them to update FO3 or even Skyrim once they have a new game out. It's naive to think they would devote resources to a game that's four years old, let alone ten.

It's quite short sighted to think that these DLC will render any mods pointless. If anything, the added content is only more fodder for modding.

I don't think it's naive at all. How long did support for Counter Strike go on for? Hell they're still patching Diablo II.

Oh sure "once they have a new game out" well yeah, but I'm not talking about right now, I'm talking about in the years that followed the game's release. They could have milked it for much longer than they did and it would have continued to be a money maker.

Edited by Evil D