Fileplanet.

TheLozza

Why is it that every mod I've uploaded in my history that it is also appearing on File planet. I made many mods for grand theft auto SA and every one of them were uploaded a day later to fileplanet. Are these sites (gta forums, nexus) linked to fileplanet? Or is it some trolls violating the rules.

The sites are not linked. The editors of sites like that tend to go and get mods to upload because they think they should, mostly not even bothering to read the readme /permissions ect ect :/

In a nut-shell: FIlePlanet is dying a slow and ugly death. In a bid to once more be relevant their editors are going around and uploading other people's work without permission from all the popular games. Their current focus is on Minecraft and New Vegas.

If any of you send a strongly worded email asking for the file to be removed and they reply I'd be interested to read it. Might be news worthy ;)

Oh ok, well, I won't bother sending an email. One time they said 'they' made my mod. Stupid file planet. I tried downloading my mod and it said I had to sign up and pay.

:wallbash:

Thanks for the reply.

Not as dire as it sounds. I managed to get not one, but two mods pulled from fileplanet.com after someone uploaded them without permission. It wasn't even a strongly worded email. Barely a blip as these things go. They did not reply to it, but I checked back a week after sending in the request to see that the mods had indeed been removed.

While they're owned and operated by the same company, Planet Elder Scrolls is a fan-run project and File Planet is a business-run project. So they're not one and the same despite having obvious links.

Ergo the staff at Planet Elder Scrolls should be not tarred by the same brush as the staff at File Planet.

Yes, like Filefront (changed to Gamefront)

Grand theft auto files

Battlefront 2 files

and so on, there's about 150 fan made filefronts.

While they're owned and operated by the same company, Planet Elder Scrolls is a fan-run project and File Planet is a business-run project. So they're not one and the same despite having obvious links.

Ergo the staff at Planet Elder Scrolls should be not tarred by the same brush as the staff at File Planet.

Alright, thanks for the clarification... so i didn't download stolen mods then.