The Witcher Nexus launched

Dark0ne

In case you haven't noticed there's a new Nexus site on the block, The Witcher Nexus, that has been set up to support the developing Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings modding community.

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings was released last week across the world and has received very favourable reviews from critics.

The site is fully functional but quite bare, as you'd expect from a new game without an SDK. However I'll be doing the rounds trying to get in contact with the various Witcher mod authors out there and get the word out about the site. There's lots of stuff I need to do now "behind the scenes" and there might be things missing that you think are important.

Kinda unexpected. Never figured Witcher for a heavily modded game. Come to think of it, personally, I never used ANY mods for The Witcher EE. Not that I was even looking.

EDIT

Now I find there was a scabbard mod for the first game. Oh, darn it...

Edited by GabSte1989

Rob, will The Witcher Nexus support both The Witcher 1 & 2, or just 2?

And just by the way, The Witcher Nexus is not in the "more" menu on the forums.

Edited by Zaldiir

I haven't purchased the Witcher 2 but I intend to. Having a Nexus section dedicated to this game is great news since it wasn't easy to find a mod database for the first Witcher. Download links from free file hosting services usually don't last long so even when you did find the mod you were looking for it was rather frustrating to reach a dead end.

These are good news!!!

I finished Witcher 1 EE on the neutral path. The game is linear, but there are moments when you must make some decisions that will influence the game after that. The fighting style is great, at least in my opinion. Also loved the signs, the alchemy system and the way you can develop your character. All in all a great RPG game.

I also found out there was a scabbard mod after I finished the game, and yeah it was frustrating without scabbards.

If you want to have fun I remember there was a mod for Geralt wedding with Triss Merigold. It has no voice, but fun dialogues.

I think it would be great if the Witcher Nexus could host Witcher 1 mods also.

Bless and blessed be!

Caesar

I have witcher 1 the collectors edition. Did not even know there were mods for this game. Will have to reinstall I think and look at the new one. not to mention find out what can be done to it. Edited by lordinquisitor

Great news! Have to agree though that it's totally unexpected.

But, do you have to register anew for that forum? It doesn't accept my log/pass. Can't connect to nexusforums at all. Hope it's all just temporary.

Rob, will The Witcher Nexus support both The Witcher 1 & 2, or just 2?

And just by the way, The Witcher Nexus is not in the "more" menu on the forums.

Only The Witcher 2 for now. If there's interest in having a Witcher 1 section then I'll definitely consider it.

*breaks a bottle of wine over the bow of the new Nexus in old English tradition*

Well, this is just great, a whole new Nexus, which means new folks coming to use it, presumably. It's good to know that #2's turning out so well, I'll probably get it myself once I'm finaly done with Dirt 3, here's to modability!