The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's still a pretty good system, the GTX 295 was/is a beast. You should be ok at 1080p, although it may not like high resolution texture packs (remains to be seen).

Yeah, that was top of the line when I bought it last June. I think I'll wait to upgrade until the next gen nVidia stuff is released early next year.

Yeah, that's still a pretty good system, the GTX 295 was/is a beast. You should be ok at 1080p, although it may not like high resolution texture packs (remains to be seen).

Yeah, that was top of the line when I bought it last June. I think I'll wait to upgrade until the next gen nVidia stuff is released early next year.

Aw man .. thats sad .. I burchased a 220 when I first got my PC just to have a 360 equvilent PC .. paying that much for a DX10 card is to bad .. Its a beast of a card but its gonna be dated the second the next gen systems come out in 2012-2013 .. and I didn't pull those dates out of my arse .. those are hard speculation based on the fact that both sony and microsoft are working on there new systems as we speak and they don't work on new systems until about 1-2 years before launch since hardware changes so rapidly.

Aw man .. thats sad .. I burchased a 220 when I first got my PC just to have a 360 equvilent PC .. paying that much for a DX10 card is to bad .. Its a beast of a card but its gonna be dated the second the next gen systems come out in 2012-2013 .. and I didn't pull those dates out of my arse .. those are hard speculation based on the fact that both sony and microsoft are working on there new systems as we speak and they don't work on new systems until about 1-2 years before launch since hardware changes so rapidly.

Money's not a big concern so I like to enjoy keeping up with the arms race that is computer hardware. It's just the price for the freedom we have with the computer.

590 is a great card I got one in one comp its good for my 2 monitor setup as it has more then enough onboard memory. My old comp I just ordered a 570 hd 2500mb witch is a pretty good deal all around it was 370ish$ and it ranks 2nd on benchmarks witch is pretty dang good. Sadly the 590 ranks much lower in benchmarks

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Edited by Bloodinfested

• 2 weeks later...

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz

Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Sound Adapter: Speakers (Logitech G35 Headset)

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows Vista Home Premium

DirectX Version: DirectX 11 (Jun2010) or later

Monitor Resolution: 1600 x 900 x 32 bpp

Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz

Physical Memory: 1.99 GB

Available: 935 MB

Used: 1.08 GB

Free Space: 231 GB

How well will this go do you think? I'm going to get more RAM soon, please tell me if I should get anything else. ;)

EDIT: Yes, I know! Vista! I know. I might upgrade to Windows7, but maybe not.

Edited by billyro

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz

Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Sound Adapter: Speakers (Logitech G35 Headset)

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows Vista Home Premium

DirectX Version: DirectX 11 (Jun2010) or later

Monitor Resolution: 1600 x 900 x 32 bpp

Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz

Physical Memory: 1.99 GB

Available: 935 MB

Used: 1.08 GB

Free Space: 231 GB

How well will this go do you think? I'm going to get more RAM soon, please tell me if I should get anything else. ;)

EDIT: Yes, I know! Vista! I know. I might upgrade to Windows7, but maybe not.

Just so you know you dont have DX11 .. the 240 doesnt support it .. that aside I wouldnt expect to max it out but I'm sure you can run it .. a 220 is basiclly the same as an xbox 360 .. so your right on par or a little better than a console.. the monitor size is a little bigger than the 720 res that a console can do though .. so expect to run it at about console settings