Ad reporting functionality

Dark0ne

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #35625952. #35626842 is also a reply to the same post.

volabe wrote: Auto audio ads are the worst
Ruiwen wrote: I agree. Nothing more annoying then when I am listening to music while browsing the site and the ads audio overrides my music. Aggravating to say the least.

I'm often on speakers and ads volume is way above game and music .
I feel you dude .

In response to post #35625952. #35626842, #35630477 are all replies on the same post.

volabe wrote: Auto audio ads are the worst
Ruiwen wrote: I agree. Nothing more annoying then when I am listening to music while browsing the site and the ads audio overrides my music. Aggravating to say the least.
volabe wrote: I'm often on speakers and ads volume is way above game and music .
I feel you dude .

Report them pleeeeeease! Lets get rid of this crap once and for all.

In response to post #35626632. #35626837, #35626877, #35626962, #35627237, #35627547 are all replies on the same post.

gameboytj wrote: I have to admit...
The reason i use adblock is because the ads are making my browser's performance worse over time to the point where the browser stops responding altogether... :(
I want to let the ads play to help the site though but not if it freezes up my firefox...
If they are performance friendly i will turn my adblock off.
ZengarZonvolt wrote: i know right. my firefox sometimes shoots to 500mb ram usage. its practically chrome already but with a much much more stable environment but good lord does it lag my game as well. i usually play games and do youtube at the same time so there is something on the background rather than a silent droning noise.
gameboytj wrote: yeah, i really do want to support the site. Ads in the past on this site didn't affect performance before, maybe a little but that was it, it didnt make it get progressively slower to the point of not working anymore.
Dark0ne wrote: The memory leak issue on certain ads is a major one and one we've reported and worked with the ad supplier to root out and fix, for sure.
ZengarZonvolt wrote: it seems that most ads that uses gif are the one causing the leak because in my experience, site with s#*!-ton of gif ads and video ads causes the spike. youtube have that problem before and maybe still has it because their front page has a large un-intrusive ad, video ad, maybe just here in the philippine side but that causes one heck of a lag for me. considering my pc is a dinosaur dual core to boot.
AntiSkillshot wrote: I only use adblock for this site because of the ads with sound.
I'll likely disable it for this site because of this announcement. Because ads with sounds can now be reported.

I had this problem, IE would completely freeze after a few pages.

In response to post #35630357.

DreamingGirl wrote: I would buy premium if I could do so without giving up my personal information. A simple 'pay with paypal' button would suffice. I don't give out my real name and address on the internet unless it is vital. Sorry.

Feel free to give false info at the start then give proper info (for obvious reasons) to Pay Pal, if you wish. Bearing in mind anyone you buy off online can see your name and address anyway (which is all the site asks for) so really...whether you do or don't, the store always sees your details anyway!

I keep getting these stupid ads that auto play sounds and noticeably slows down or flat out completely freezes my browser. So when I'm trying to upload screenshots I can't type because the ad is in the way and when I click my refresh button, it says "Nexus is not responding due to a long running script" so these ads seriously are the problem. Oh! and as a matter fact, multiple times my anti virus has actually picked up some file from one of these ads called "cintera.html". Expect a lot of reports from me.

PS: I also forgot to mention that some of these ads increase my CPU and RAM usage, not saying it's horrible because I have an Intel i7-6700k @ 4.0 ghz and 16 gb ram but that's still not acceptable.

Edited by mrresistance

In response to post #35631002.

mrresistance wrote: I keep getting these stupid ads that auto play sounds and noticeably slows down or flat out completely freezes my browser. So when I'm trying to upload screenshots I can't type because the ad is in the way and when I click my refresh button, it says "Nexus is not responding due to a long running script" so these ads seriously are the problem. Oh! and as a matter fact, multiple times my anti virus has actually picked up some file from one of these ads called "cintera.html". Expect a lot of reports from me.

The more valid reports we get, the more useful it is to us. Not just in fixing the issue, but in working out how much of a problem it is. So please do.

In response to post #35631002. #35631287 is also a reply to the same post.

mrresistance wrote: I keep getting these stupid ads that auto play sounds and noticeably slows down or flat out completely freezes my browser. So when I'm trying to upload screenshots I can't type because the ad is in the way and when I click my refresh button, it says "Nexus is not responding due to a long running script" so these ads seriously are the problem. Oh! and as a matter fact, multiple times my anti virus has actually picked up some file from one of these ads called "cintera.html". Expect a lot of reports from me.
Dark0ne wrote: The more valid reports we get, the more useful it is to us. Not just in fixing the issue, but in working out how much of a problem it is. So please do.

How is one supposed to know what ads are causing massive slowdowns?

In response to post #35631002. #35631287, #35631317 are all replies on the same post.

PS: I also forgot to mention that some of these ads increase my CPU and RAM usage, not saying it's horrible because I have an Intel i7-6700k @ 4.0 ghz and 16 gb ram but that's still not acceptable.
Dark0ne wrote: The more valid reports we get, the more useful it is to us. Not just in fixing the issue, but in working out how much of a problem it is. So please do.
Swampfox92 wrote: How is one supposed to know what ads are causing massive slowdowns?

So far I know that one of these ads that shows people playing soccer and shows a tablet at the beginning is causing me big slowdowns, I know it for a fact because it's always been consistent. Aside from that, a lot of the ads featuring Olivia Munn also give me slowdowns and that "Long running script" thing I just mentioned. Just have to check for the pattern.