How do I uninstall F4SE?

Sirenapples

I never play Skyrim without SKSE, but Skyrim is a lot more reliable these days.

Fallout 4 is not so reliable.

I installed F4SE because hey, fallout script extender, right? And a mod required it so that's that.

But now I cannot play Fallout at all because the F4SE doesn't match the update or whatever, the F4SE thing pops up saying it's out of date and... nothing. It doesn't let me play at all.

Very randomly, twice out of dozens of times trying, I've been able to play anyway. I'm very frustrated and Automatron comes out today next week. I've tried uninstalling it myself but nothing seems to work and I still get the normal notification and the game not launching after that.

So the obvious answer is that I'm not remembering everything I did or something and looking at the installation and undoing the things I did don't seem to be doing anything. (f4se_1_4_132.dll, f4se_loader.exe, and f4se_steam_loader.dll) I even took out the folder it seemed to make, where the plugins go.

"

* How do I uninstall F4SE? - Delete the three files you copied to your Fallout installation folder."

Something must have gone wrong. So... Any thoughts or more experienced individuals who might know anything... ?

Edited by Sirenapples

Open F4SE archive you downloaded for reference purposes

Go to your game folder and delete every file that matches a file in the archive. You uninstalled F4SE

Normally, the extender works just fine, but nonetheless, if there's a suspicion of wrong extender behaviour, you could email the devs and send them the logs. Would help them figure out issues :)

Not really sure why you'd say F4 is less reliable than Skyrim though, since the majority of reports state otherwise.

Not really sure why you'd say F4 is less reliable than Skyrim though, since the majority of reports state otherwise.

F4 updates more regularly, Skyrim is old and I can't even remember the last time I had to wait for an SKSE update on it.

I verified game cash or whatever and the game launched... and detected my hardware all over again... Then in the menu the UI was the default color.... My saves were still there.... But when I tried to load, it showed as EVERYTHING missing. All the mods not registering. wtf. Edit; whew, just had to re-tick the little boxes in Nmm

Edited by Sirenapples

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is a old post and i don't know if it is out dated but i cannot find no f4se uninstall.exe i see all the other f4se files installed correctly. can some one tell us where to find this f4se-uninstall.exe file is located plz!

Should be in the same folder where the game, and FOSE executables are.

i l looked every in there and i can't find any thing with a uninstall.exe my son and my friend have it installed on their pc's 2 and they couldn't find any thing in the fall out4 all we could find are these:

f4se_1._10_163dll,

f4se_loader.exe,

f4se_steam_loader.dll)

in steam/steamapps/common/fallout4 those are the only 3 files we have in there. can some one give us a walk through of how to to find this uninstall file. we can't find any thing on line showing a uninstall.exe tutorial online or YouTube.

all the tutorials say to delete those 3 files but we are all getting the same error saying f4se is misconfigured! so there's still files left behind tht still need to be uninstalled. whts confusing me bout tht is all the tutorials say to extract all the files from the f4se archive directly to the main fo4folder so obviously the method to totally uninstall f4se does not include deleting just those 3 files! the data folder , customcontrolmap.txt and src are still left behind and we have no idea of wht to delete. can't find any tutorial showing how to use a uninstall.exe for total uninstall.