Skyrim is a port for PC

Thelionheart

And I was thinking of pre-ordering. Guessing at 11/11/11 midnight I'll be playing Morrowind.

You're not kidding anyone but yourself buddy :tongue: 99% of the people moaning will play it and be back to rate it as their new favourite game, I guarentee it.

Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i swear some of you guys are the biggest bunch of babies. Skyrim looks like a f***ing sweet game, even on the xbox. anway, we can just change the graphic settings to make it even BETTER. Not to mention many other games are PC ports that actually work better for PC then consoles. EX: crysis, oblivion, ME2,etc. So seriously guys, calm down with your "OMFGITSGUNNASUCKCAUSEITSPCPORT" or "well, guess im not buying" and the ever so dip-s*** comment "better be good cause graffix r old". you guys gotta remember, it may be nearly 6 years in the making, but don't think for one second they havn't had to remake some stuff because they upgraded it for us. so shut up, chill out, and either deal with it, or just doin't buy the f***ing game. that simple. Go ahead and flame. im done here

Glad you got that out of your system and you are quite correct you are done here.

Buddah

I'm mostly worried that it won't be optimized for PCs and that Bethesda is pushing it when they supposedly haven't started working on the port. I agree that Oblivion wasn't that bad of a port compared to other console ports out there, but it did take several years of mods to have it make use of the superior processing power of higher-end PCs.

However, we have to remember this is Bethesda who has a pretty clean track record. I'm sure they can pull it off even if the PC version won't be as good as it could have been.

I will be playing the game on my PC as soon as it comes out. I will then judge it. As far as graphics go I should be good. As for buttons each game is different and I learn to live with what they offer. If the game play is good I will be happy. From all I have read the game sounds improved over both Morrowind and Oblivion each in ways.

The proof of the game is in the playing, not the guessing.

A lot of people are treating it like it's set in stone forever, and those things like the UI an textures are set forever.

It's not like there's a website with a forum you're posting on devoted to making a game more enjoyable.

A lot of people are treating it like it's set in stone forever, and those things like the UI an textures are set forever.

It's not like there's a website with a forum you're posting on devoted to making a game more enjoyable.

I see what you did thar.

Edited by mojodajojo

Did I mention before that the new engine has multiplatform capabilities, therefore it can run just as well on PC as well as consoles? No? Most multiplatform games do have the mininum settings attuned to consoles but you can tune it to your PC tastes later on, therefore you can stop crying and know that you can have your DX11 while console players will miss out. Also note that Beth has been doing this since Morrowind and look how that turned out.

Did I mention before that the new engine has multiplatform capabilities, therefore it can run just as well on PC as well as consoles? No? Most multiplatform games do have the mininum settings attuned to consoles but you can tune it to your PC tastes later on, therefore you can stop crying and know that you can have your DX11 while console players will miss out. Also note that Beth has been doing this since Morrowind and look how that turned out.

I'm pretty sure Morrowind was done for PC and ported to console, just saying.

Disturbing, both the announcement and reaction. Tread wearily until more info comes out. If they see this reaction and immediately release PC gameplay, I will be very satisfied, and if they don't, their silence will make a statement as well. Despite Oblivion being a port it was pretty amazing, y'all have to admit, but mods were a large part of that awesomeness too. Not just adding things, but fixing things. It looks like we will have this capability no matter what. Right now I feel a little betrayed by ports though. CoD blackops even on deep discount was deeply disappointing. That withstanding reaching a larger audience is also dangerous. After recieving my pre ordered Civ5 I played a whole game (in 2 hours, thats how long some of my TURNS in Civ 4 took) and after waiting and waiting for the "strategy" element to kick in, I won, and immediately dove back into modded civ4. Mods to the rescue again, but civ5 seems un moddable/helpable. As long as Skyrim retains its "rpg ishness" without just becoming a FPS without guns I'm sold. And come on guys, really not planning on preordering? Even if it is the worst game in PC history(I'm not really worried about that though), you guys will be there to pick up the slack, and give my khajit nice new textures, an AK47, and crazy new badguys to shoot it at :laugh: .

I have to say-Im getting a bit tired of people blaming Console for everything. It's not fair, it's not based on facts, and it is quite offensive to those that either can't afford a PC, or for one reason or another favour a console.

I think it's extremely appropriate that Skyrim be a console port, Oblivion was the first game I played on the Xbox 360, and with the '360s model run coming to an end soon, it's appropriate that the game which was quite possibly the best launch title, also be one of it's last great hits.

I really don't care whether the game began it's life on a console or a PC platform, if it's enjoyable, it's well worth playing regardless of the machine. Hell, if they made a good enough PS-3 exclusive I'd buy a PS3, even though I thus far don't have reason to own one. These guys are right, if you're going to refuse to by a game simply because "they betrayed us by selling it on consoles" then forgive me for saying this, but that is a truly foolish thing to think. This always happens though, and I doubt anything I say will change that. It happened with Crysis 2(I WILL NEVA BUY DIS GAME! IS ON CONSOLE! CONSOLE EEEVVVIIIILLL!!!) It happened to The Witcher 2(ITS TOO SHORT! IT'S BEEN DUMBED DOWN! IT'S A KIDS GAME NOW!!!!) It happened to Fallout(*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPING* SONS OF *BLEEEEEEEEEEEP*S! THEY *BEEEEP* RUINED *BLEEEEP* FALLOUT!) yet I enjoyed every one of them greatly, and would consider them some of the best of recent games. Does platform even really matter? really? :armscrossed:

TLDR: Why do people always try to find some reason to be angry or to complain? It seems like only a few people remember the truly memorable console/pc ports, like Halo CE, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, Borderlands, BattleTech, BattleField, and Half-Life. If you really are not going to buy Skyrim because of some concept of doing PC gaming a favour, so be it, but you're only going to reinforce the already strong stereotype among console players that PC gamers are a bunch of prejudicial elitists.

Edited by Vindekarr