Survival Mode will be on beta next week

Boombro

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save on sleep bothers me even more than I thought it would. I don't feel it adds anything actually "Hardcore", it just makes me worried I'll have to redo boring bits over and over again. Someone on the Bethesda forums described it as making things more difficult for the player and not the character which I think is spot on. I wish they would have done things more like no healing from uncooked food and you can only consume so much water or food before becoming full and unable to drink or eat anymore. I feel stuff like that would have been more interesting in a survival mode than a 4th wall breaking mechanic of making my character need to take a nap on a regular basis.

Just my opinion of course and I'm sure many see it another way, but I am really disappointed by this change.

I think a Save and Exit feature (at any time) would solve a lot of people's problem with the current function. It reduced savescumming but gives the option to save and quit if the player has to answer the door/phone/family member's needs.

Yeah, as fast save slot.

I really like most of the features that come with the overhaul, but no fast travel and no saving is just to much.

Ex.1:

Last time i played (old survival) i was in sanctuary, preston gave me a quest "go to nordhagen beach an help settler".

I had to go there manually, cause i wasnt in this area so far. It took a very long time going there, on the way are some interesting locations.

When i arrive, the settler sends me to national guards depot (half way back to sanctuary). I go there and kill the ghouls, and after that i must go back to the beach, and then back to sanctuary to complete the quest...

Ex.2:

I go to a place like Corvega factory, with many pretty strong enemies (depends on your level). Usually you save after you killed some enemies, but now you cant, or have to go out to the next bed. I tried it out, and even if i am not a bad player, or have a weak char, i had to go in over 10 times, killing the same enemies again and again, and just one little hit from a legendary raider kills me in no time.

I dont know, this is just not fun for me... But we are lucky to have a great modding community, so i guess there will be mods soon, so i can chose which features i want for survival.