⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta

SirSalami

In response to post #36105510. #36107130, #36108145, #36111230 are all replies on the same post.

Uthuriel wrote: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/2952

Bethesda disabled the console in the "new" survival mode

good job -.-
HippeusOmega wrote: Yeah I was really suprised by this. I get they don't want gamers cheating but console is used for a lot more then cheating.
Zaxen069 wrote: wow that ..... sucks console to fun to mess with i mean i use for testing out mods i DL or if i feel liek fighting a bunch of npc's or something guess we'll have to wait for modders to renable it
calleb666 wrote: Console yeah, how many games give you this console option? The number close to zero. They obviously had their reasons to disable it, stop whining already

Was it confirmed by someone official that the console is disabled as part of the Survival overhaul and not just as part of beta testing? I know they didn't disabled it during previous beta updates or during Automatron prerelease, but maybe they want to know what can happen without console interfering similar to disabling mods. If it truly is a "feature", this beta and all that crying about it may simply prove them that disabling it is not best idea. Cheating in singleplayer game is ruining only my own experience, if this is their only reason. And in the end, enabling console will probably take a second when the CK is released next month so who really care. Edited by starfis

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #36105510. #36107130, #36108145, #36111230, #36111695 are all replies on the same post.

good job -.-
HippeusOmega wrote: Yeah I was really suprised by this. I get they don't want gamers cheating but console is used for a lot more then cheating.
Zaxen069 wrote: wow that ..... sucks console to fun to mess with i mean i use for testing out mods i DL or if i feel liek fighting a bunch of npc's or something guess we'll have to wait for modders to renable it
calleb666 wrote: Console yeah, how many games give you this console option? The number close to zero. They obviously had their reasons to disable it, stop whining already
starfis wrote: Was it confirmed by someone official that the console is disabled as part of the Survival overhaul and not just as part of beta testing? I know they didn't disabled it during previous beta updates or during Automatron prerelease, but maybe they want to know what can happen without console interfering similar to disabling mods. If it truly is a "feature", this beta and all that crying about it may simply prove them that disabling it is not best idea. Cheating in singleplayer game is ruining only my own experience, if this is their only reason. And in the end, enabling console will probably take a second when the CK is released next month so who really care.

And wait until you get stuck between 2 static objects and cant get out. No TCL command to get unstuck. Good Job Bethesda!

In response to post #36105510. #36107130, #36108145, #36111230, #36111695, #36111880 are all replies on the same post.

good job -.-
starfis wrote: Was it confirmed by someone official that the console is disabled as part of the Survival overhaul and not just as part of beta testing? I know they didn't disabled it during previous beta updates or during Automatron prerelease, but maybe they want to know what can happen without console interfering similar to disabling mods. If it truly is a "feature", this beta and all that crying about it may simply prove them that disabling it is not best idea. Cheating in singleplayer game is ruining only my own experience, if this is their only reason. And in the end, enabling console will probably take a second when the CK is released next month so who really care.
jet4571 wrote: And wait until you get stuck between 2 static objects and cant get out. No TCL command to get unstuck. Good Job Bethesda!

Yeah, cool, but clipping in stones and walls though...

In response to post #36105510. #36107130, #36108145, #36111230, #36111695, #36111880, #36112075 are all replies on the same post.

good job -.-
jet4571 wrote: And wait until you get stuck between 2 static objects and cant get out. No TCL command to get unstuck. Good Job Bethesda!
Skramel wrote: Yeah, cool, but clipping in stones and walls though...

don't be ridiculous. There such thing as "trainers", you know? But bugs and glitches still in this fn game, but now without console

In response to post #36111520. #36111565, #36112360 are all replies on the same post.

ValdrFireBorn wrote: I only played this for about 3-4 hours before I couldn't stand how bad it was compared to FNV's hardcore mode. Bethesda mucked this one up big time. The worst part is how frequently you must feed/water your player. It's unrealistic in any scenario. If only I could play on normal with hardcore mode on, but too bad Bethesda just kind of does whatever the hell they feel like doing. This is seriously more enraging than paid mods in my opinion, how bad they've done and how far from previous installments this entire game has gone...I keep hoping that next DLC or update will make up for the lack of Fallout-ness in a Fallout game. Looks like I'm disappointed again, along with 80% of everyone in the forums
printerkop wrote: Agreed.
gutomass wrote: its a good thing this is a beta, send the feedback, make them balance it out.

they make open betas for that reason, right?

But on the paper it looks very tempting. I still think it is better survival difficulty than just make everything do more damage, it will probably need some adjustments and that is what this beta is for. Maybe changing the timescale would be an option (if the console and mods wasn't disable) I hope you sent proper feedback to appropriate place too. Edited by starfis

In response to post #36105510. #36107130, #36108145, #36111230, #36111695, #36111880, #36112075, #36112165 are all replies on the same post.

good job -.-
Skramel wrote: Yeah, cool, but clipping in stones and walls though...
Skramel wrote: don't be ridiculous. There such thing as "trainers", you know? But bugs and glitches still in this fn game, but now without console

On the one hand, I can understand Bethesda wanting to ensure that their beta test environment is 'clean' and reduce the amount of false bug reports brought on by irresponsible modding.

On the other hand they will never be able to test the robustness of their code without testing it real world situations (ie: with mods and console). I wouldn't want to be them when they finally decide to open up mod to consoles... Edited by popcorn71

In response to post #36109580.

starfis wrote: IT IS A BETA! FFS
So stop whining about disabled mods, you've been warned. They will be active once again after the official release.

I doubt that. They disabled mods with the first beta patch and that is still done with patch 1.4. To prevent the game from disabling mods we have to set plugins.txt to read only because the game will erase it. NMM had to be patched to read only flag plugins.txt to be able to install and uninstall mods. Since we figured out how to work around the plugins.txt Bethesda has gone one step further and has the game ignore it instead. Will they enable mods again once the update is out of Beta? Somehow I don't think they will and I for one have my game backed up and will refuse any patch if that happens.

In response to post #36111520. #36111565, #36112195 are all replies on the same post.

ValdrFireBorn wrote: I only played this for about 3-4 hours before I couldn't stand how bad it was compared to FNV's hardcore mode. Bethesda mucked this one up big time. The worst part is how frequently you must feed/water your player. It's unrealistic in any scenario. If only I could play on normal with hardcore mode on, but too bad Bethesda just kind of does whatever the hell they feel like doing. This is seriously more enraging than paid mods in my opinion, how bad they've done and how far from previous installments this entire game has gone...I keep hoping that next DLC or update will make up for the lack of Fallout-ness in a Fallout game. Looks like I'm disappointed again, along with 80% of everyone in the forums
starfis wrote: But on the paper it looks very tempting. I still think it is better survival difficulty than just make everything do more damage, it will probably need some adjustments and that is what this beta is for. I hope you sent proper feedback to appropriate place too.

its a good thing this is a beta, send the feedback, make them balance it out.

In response to post #36111520. #36111565, #36112195, #36112360 are all replies on the same post.

starfis wrote: But on the paper it looks very tempting. I still think it is better survival difficulty than just make everything do more damage, it will probably need some adjustments and that is what this beta is for. Maybe changing the timescale would be an option (if the console and mods wasn't disable) I hope you sent proper feedback to appropriate place too.
gutomass wrote: its a good thing this is a beta, send the feedback, make them balance it out.

Then send feedback and help make it more fallout like. Bitching on a mod forum fixes nothing and gives the community a bad image.