Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta

SirSalami

In response to post #36106690. #36107690, #36108150, #36108295, #36108475, #36108975, #36109705 are all replies on the same post.

GamerPoets wrote: First, I love Nexus.

Second, I have to say,

this is a Beta. Beta means it is not finished and Beth is allowing users to give feedback while they finish it instead of just throwing it out there and saying "here you go, deal with it". If you read all of the ignorant comments from people swearing and complaining and take a moment to really take it all in, this is the reason why Skyrim mods (many of which are not even favorable to the majority of Skyrim enthusiasts) are still receiving more than twice the views/downloads and the same amount of, if not more, endorsements than mods for a game that is 4 years newer.

The attitude that so many put forward in general (the self entitled stance that users take about the works of mod authors, the complaints about the community or games without even attempting to provide solutions) is not only what kept this game "down" in the eyes of many fallout fans but is what has kept a great deal of well known mod authors away from modding the game. No one wants to spend their "hobby time" reading the childish nonsense (no offense to children) that so many troll into these forums/threads.

Yes, the Creation Kit not being released yet (which there is a reason that it wasn't released yet... perhaps they were trying to tell you that some big additions to the game itself were still being created and you should wait to implement/create mods that could be broken with whatever updates Beth intended to create?) is also what is keeping some authors on hold before they start creating, but the attitude of so many who do nothing except wine and complain? It's disgusting. Regardless of your stance on Fallout 4 as a game, it's obvious why so few people are even VISITING the mod pages for FO4... and it's not Bethesda.

hivKORN wrote: Oh yeah that's a matter of opinion...^^
GamerPoets wrote: No, it's not.
PJS1488 wrote: Oh, please! Give the self righteous, holier than thou attitude a rest, will ya?
GamerPoets wrote: Nothing that I said has anything to do with "holier than thou"... You're obviously the sort of idiot that I'm talking about. Give being an idiot a rest, will ya?
xsugerdaddyx wrote: But aren't you one of those who's whining and complaining? Not all people here are what you're complaining about. I haven't experienced what you're sprouting and if what you've experienced is poor then what you've said IS your opinion.
GamerPoets wrote: No, I provide thought, not "F this" "F that". The only thing that I'm complaining about are the idiots that are directly related to the FACTS that I have provided.

-Skyrim mods get twice the views that FO4 mods get. VIEWS. Not just downloads or endorsements. But people (when fallout 4 was the number 7th most searched topic on google in 2015) have literally stopped even looking at the mods.

-I speak with and work with a large number of mod authors on a daily basis. My "opinion", is based on fact. It's a fact that many mod authors have left FO4 behind because they (those who have) are sick of reading comments from those who whine about the games and mods and are losing interest in creating things for people that don't appreciate their time and or get a bunch of grief for giving their creations to them. The same type of people that don't even take the time to realize what a "Beta" is.

-You (sugardaddy... ) have endorsed 10 mods, have 6 posts, no uploads, but have been a "member" since 2010? You apparently haven't experienced anything regarding this community no matter "what I'm sprouting about".

Agreed, thank you. Not everyone is like that though a lot are. I made some mods. I asked for help on forum and my mods discussion boards and usually hear nothing. As soon as someone wants me to add a mod or change something to a mod I already made you bit I hear plenty. I'm still new to modding so it takes me longer to do things and even longer to figure out mod issues. I finally said forget it months ago and haven't been back till now. I just came to see what news is out there about creation kit and DLC's, now I'm going back to my life and if I ever do make mods more mods I'll be a little more inclined to keep them to myself.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate what Bethesda is doing here and it actually makes quite a bit of sense because the new Survival mode is being given to us post-release.

That being said I will be opting out of this beta on my PC copy of the game. Not for the sake of whining/malice/protest/sense of entitlement/ect. But merely because I don't want to have any mess to cleanup with my files. I spent enough time carefully picking and installing them that I don't want a monkey wrench being tossed into the equation when I'm ready to play again.

I will patiently wait for the official release of this patch before I resume playing, and I would like to thank anyone and everyone here that does actually go through the hoops to give Bethesda informed playtesting and feedback on this beta. If there was only a way for me to opt into it with my Xbox1 copy of the game, I would gladly join you in doing so.

In response to post #36110755.

MatharAndas wrote: I appreciate what Bethesda is doing here and it actually makes quite a bit of sense because the new Survival mode is being given to us post-release.

That being said I will be opting out of this beta on my PC copy of the game. Not for the sake of whining/malice/protest/sense of entitlement/ect. But merely because I don't want to have any mess to cleanup with my files. I spent enough time carefully picking and installing them that I don't want a monkey wrench being tossed into the equation when I'm ready to play again.

I will patiently wait for the official release of this patch before I resume playing, and I would like to thank anyone and everyone here that does actually go through the hoops to give Bethesda informed playtesting and feedback on this beta. If there was only a way for me to opt into it with my Xbox1 copy of the game, I would gladly join you in doing so.

Fair point and nicely made. For all that I'm frustrated about the lack of warning about the disabling of mods with the update, it's only a matter of waiting until it's fixed and as Bethesda are giving us this optional extra for free its seems churlish to complain about it.

In response to post #36106690. #36107690, #36108150, #36108295, #36108475, #36108975, #36109705, #36110735 are all replies on the same post.

Second, I have to say,

this is a Beta. Beta means it is not finished and Beth is allowing users to give feedback while they finish it instead of just throwing it out there and saying "here you go, deal with it". If you read all of the ignorant comments from people swearing and complaining and take a moment to really take it all in, this is the reason why Skyrim mods (many of which are not even favorable to the majority of Skyrim enthusiasts) are still receiving more than twice the views/downloads and the same amount of, if not more, endorsements than mods for a game that is 4 years newer.

The attitude that so many put forward in general (the self entitled stance that users take about the works of mod authors, the complaints about the community or games without even attempting to provide solutions) is not only what kept this game "down" in the eyes of many fallout fans but is what has kept a great deal of well known mod authors away from modding the game. No one wants to spend their "hobby time" reading the childish nonsense (no offense to children) that so many troll into these forums/threads.

Yes, the Creation Kit not being released yet (which there is a reason that it wasn't released yet... perhaps they were trying to tell you that some big additions to the game itself were still being created and you should wait to implement/create mods that could be broken with whatever updates Beth intended to create?) is also what is keeping some authors on hold before they start creating, but the attitude of so many who do nothing except wine and complain? It's disgusting. Regardless of your stance on Fallout 4 as a game, it's obvious why so few people are even VISITING the mod pages for FO4... and it's not Bethesda.

PJS1488 wrote: Oh, please! Give the self righteous, holier than thou attitude a rest, will ya?
GamerPoets wrote: Nothing that I said has anything to do with "holier than thou"... You're obviously the sort of idiot that I'm talking about. Give being an idiot a rest, will ya?
xsugerdaddyx wrote: But aren't you one of those who's whining and complaining? Not all people here are what you're complaining about. I haven't experienced what you're sprouting and if what you've experienced is poor then what you've said IS your opinion.
GamerPoets wrote: No, I provide thought, not "F this" "F that". The only thing that I'm complaining about are the idiots that are directly related to the FACTS that I have provided.

-Skyrim mods get twice the views that FO4 mods get. VIEWS. Not just downloads or endorsements. But people (when fallout 4 was the number 7th most searched topic on google in 2015) have literally stopped even looking at the mods.

-I speak with and work with a large number of mod authors on a daily basis. My "opinion", is based on fact. It's a fact that many mod authors have left FO4 behind because they (those who have) are sick of reading comments from those who whine about the games and mods and are losing interest in creating things for people that don't appreciate their time and or get a bunch of grief for giving their creations to them. The same type of people that don't even take the time to realize what a "Beta" is.

-You (sugardaddy... ) have endorsed 10 mods, have 6 posts, no uploads, but have been a "member" since 2010? You apparently haven't experienced anything regarding this community no matter "what I'm sprouting about".
count9us wrote: Agreed, thank you. Not everyone is like that though a lot are. I made some mods. I asked for help on forum and my mods discussion boards and usually hear nothing. As soon as someone wants me to add a mod or change something to a mod I already made you bit I hear plenty. I'm still new to modding so it takes me longer to do things and even longer to figure out mod issues. I finally said forget it months ago and haven't been back till now. I just came to see what news is out there about creation kit and DLC's, now I'm going back to my life and if I ever do make mods more mods I'll be a little more inclined to keep them to myself.

I'm not really aware of the situation you are talking bout GamerPoets, but i just wanted to add one thing. Anyone who has has a FREE account ( or not ), who downloads and uses all these FREE mods the mod authors/nexus have provided for us should, better yet MUST at least leave a comment of gratitude or endorse a file or even provide feedback to the author so he can create even better mods. All this is given to us completely free while mods authors and the guys that keep this page up and running work hours to make this possible, it's not that easy. I'm not saying they aren't making any money at all but in other words, goddammit you have to be a complete douchebag not to appreciate all this quality work given to you freely, FREE!!! Thanks for listening reading or whatever

In response to post #36106690. #36107690, #36108150, #36108295, #36108475, #36108975, #36109705, #36110735, #36110965 are all replies on the same post.

Second, I have to say,

count9us wrote: Agreed, thank you. Not everyone is like that though a lot are. I made some mods. I asked for help on forum and my mods discussion boards and usually hear nothing. As soon as someone wants me to add a mod or change something to a mod I already made you bit I hear plenty. I'm still new to modding so it takes me longer to do things and even longer to figure out mod issues. I finally said forget it months ago and haven't been back till now. I just came to see what news is out there about creation kit and DLC's, now I'm going back to my life and if I ever do make mods more mods I'll be a little more inclined to keep them to myself.
calleb666 wrote: I'm not really aware of the situation you are talking bout GamerPoets, but i just wanted to add one thing. Anyone who has has a FREE account ( or not ), who downloads and uses all these FREE mods the mod authors/nexus have provided for us should, better yet MUST at least leave a comment of gratitude or endorse a file or even provide feedback to the author so he can create even better mods. All this is given to us completely free while mods authors and the guys that keep this page up and running work hours to make this possible, it's not that easy. I'm not saying they aren't making any money at all but in other words, goddammit you have to be a complete douchebag not to appreciate all this quality work given to you freely, FREE!!! Thanks for listening reading or whatever

I agree that not everyone is like that. And if what I wrote comes off as if that's what I meant, then to others reading, understand that's not what I was saying.

It's good to object. It's good to "go against". It's good to complain if there is a reason to do so and there are ways to make your opinions heard instead of having them dismissed as being apart of the sort that I initially posted about (of which a few felt inclined to respond as I knew they would).

Count9, I hope that you keep in mind that there are still a good amount of people who appreciate the creative effort that mod authors and the game makers put in. And I knew upfront that I would get at least a few people who have responded to the post as they did lol, but this community is worth more than the annoyance that some provide and there are members that actually care about it and see it as more than just a place to take something away from. Thanks for the response = )

Edit: Caleb... agreed = ) Dedicating the majority of my time over the last 2 years to our channel, which is largely based on the nexus community, I stay pretty up to date on all the happenings and pay attention to quite a lot. Though, in recent months, I've been loosing interest due a lot to what I've mentioned... anyways, I'm off lol. I've said my piece. Edited by GamerPoets

In response to post #36105510. #36107130, #36108145 are all replies on the same post.

Uthuriel wrote: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/2952

Bethesda disabled the console in the "new" survival mode

good job -.-
HippeusOmega wrote: Yeah I was really suprised by this. I get they don't want gamers cheating but console is used for a lot more then cheating.
Zaxen069 wrote: wow that ..... sucks console to fun to mess with i mean i use for testing out mods i DL or if i feel liek fighting a bunch of npc's or something guess we'll have to wait for modders to renable it

Console yeah, how many games give you this console option? The number close to zero. They obviously had their reasons to disable it, stop whining already

In response to post #36106690. #36107690, #36108150, #36108295, #36108475, #36108975, #36109705, #36110735, #36110965, #36111135 are all replies on the same post.

Second, I have to say,

calleb666 wrote: I'm not really aware of the situation you are talking bout GamerPoets, but i just wanted to add one thing. Anyone who has has a FREE account ( or not ), who downloads and uses all these FREE mods the mod authors/nexus have provided for us should, better yet MUST at least leave a comment of gratitude or endorse a file or even provide feedback to the author so he can create even better mods. All this is given to us completely free while mods authors and the guys that keep this page up and running work hours to make this possible, it's not that easy. I'm not saying they aren't making any money at all but in other words, goddammit you have to be a complete douchebag not to appreciate all this quality work given to you freely, FREE!!! Thanks for listening reading or whatever
GamerPoets wrote: I agree that not everyone is like that. And if what I wrote comes off as if that's what I meant, then to others reading, understand that's not what I was saying.

It's good to object. It's good to "go against". It's good to complain if there is a reason to do so and there are ways to make your opinions heard instead of having them dismissed as being apart of the sort that I initially posted about (of which a few felt inclined to respond as I knew they would).

Count9, I hope that you keep in mind that there are still a good amount of people who appreciate the creative effort that mod authors and the game makers put in. And I knew upfront that I would get at least a few people who have responded to the post as they did lol, but this community is worth more than the annoyance that some provide and there are members that actually care about it and see it as more than just a place to take something away from. Thanks for the response = )

Edit: Caleb... agreed = ) Dedicating the majority of my time over the last 2 years to our channel, which is largely based on the nexus community, I stay pretty up to date on all the happenings and pay attention to quite a lot. Though, in recent months, I've been loosing interest due a lot to what I've mentioned... anyways, I'm off lol. I've said my piece.

Neanka quit modding DEF_INV and DEF_HUD specifically because of the reasons outlined here. DEF_INV and DEF_HUD were a pretty big deal. If a universally well liked set of high-profile mods like that get pulled because of a toxic community... Well its just sad.

Decided to try it anyway despite my initial thought that i don't want to give up my mods.

Seems that texturemods still work ok.

SPECIAL has become SPECIA, luck is gone from the pipboy, either a bug or you're just unlucky if you decide to play at Survival.

Perk to remove rads from food doesn't work, wild plants and veggies say zero rads, but if you eat it you still get irradiated.

And i must say that you constantly have to drink and eat, i mean like every 2 gamehours 3 bottles of purified water and 2 molerat chunks, if i would do that in real life i would become obese fast or die from too much water, even if would walk around with 100 pounds strapped to my back.

Edited by Guest

I only played this for about 3-4 hours before I couldn't stand how bad it was compared to FNV's hardcore mode. Bethesda mucked this one up big time. The worst part is how frequently you must feed/water your player. It's unrealistic in any scenario. If only I could play on normal with hardcore mode on, but too bad Bethesda just kind of does whatever the hell they feel like doing. This is seriously more enraging than paid mods in my opinion, how bad they've done and how far from previous installments this entire game has gone...I keep hoping that next DLC or update will make up for the lack of Fallout-ness in a Fallout game. Looks like I'm disappointed again, along with 80% of everyone in the forums

In response to post #36111520.

ValdrFireBorn wrote: I only played this for about 3-4 hours before I couldn't stand how bad it was compared to FNV's hardcore mode. Bethesda mucked this one up big time. The worst part is how frequently you must feed/water your player. It's unrealistic in any scenario. If only I could play on normal with hardcore mode on, but too bad Bethesda just kind of does whatever the hell they feel like doing. This is seriously more enraging than paid mods in my opinion, how bad they've done and how far from previous installments this entire game has gone...I keep hoping that next DLC or update will make up for the lack of Fallout-ness in a Fallout game. Looks like I'm disappointed again, along with 80% of everyone in the forums

Agreed.