Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta

SirSalami

In response to post #36103150. #36103355, #36104240 are all replies on the same post.

printerkop wrote: No mods, no dice..disabled steam from the network for now.
Mods are way more important to me then silly gameplay mechanics.
woolanator wrote: its only activates if youre opted in on steam if not it wont download and apply it, youll know if you have it if it says "[beta]" next to your fallout 4 in steam

and they removed the mods for testing purposes
printerkop wrote: i understand all that, still no mods no testing for me.

printerkop
i understand all that, still no mods no testing for me.

Just brilliant, and you'll be one of the people complaining that they didn't fix any bugs, because ytou refuse to play with the new patch sans mods to see if the patch fixes the UNMODDED game FIRST.

:golfclap:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #36106690. #36107690, #36108150, #36108295 are all replies on the same post.

GamerPoets wrote: First, I love Nexus.

Second, I have to say,

this is a Beta. Beta means it is not finished and Beth is allowing users to give feedback while they finish it instead of just throwing it out there and saying "here you go, deal with it". If you read all of the ignorant comments from people swearing and complaining and take a moment to really take it all in, this is the reason why Skyrim mods (many of which are not even favorable to the majority of Skyrim enthusiasts) are still receiving more than twice the views/downloads and the same amount of, if not more, endorsements than mods for a game that is 4 years newer.

The attitude that so many put forward in general (the self entitled stance that users take about the works of mod authors, the complaints about the community or games without even attempting to provide solutions) is not only what kept this game "down" in the eyes of many fallout fans but is what has kept a great deal of well known mod authors away from modding the game. No one wants to spend their "hobby time" reading the childish nonsense (no offense to children) that so many troll into these forums/threads.

Yes, the Creation Kit not being released yet (which there is a reason that it wasn't released yet... perhaps they were trying to tell you that some big additions to the game itself were still being created and you should wait to implement/create mods that could be broken with whatever updates Beth intended to create?) is also what is keeping some authors on hold before they start creating, but the attitude of so many who do nothing except wine and complain? It's disgusting. Regardless of your stance on Fallout 4 as a game, it's obvious why so few people are even VISITING the mod pages for FO4... and it's not Bethesda.

hivKORN wrote: Oh yeah that's a matter of opinion...^^
GamerPoets wrote: No, it's not.
PJS1488 wrote: Oh, please! Give the self righteous, holier than thou attitude a rest, will ya?

Nothing that I said has anything to do with "holier than thou"... You're obviously the sort of idiot that I'm talking about. Give being an idiot a rest, will ya? Edited by GamerPoets

In response to post #36104245.

Lanecle wrote:

For f*#@s sake. I only wanted mods so I can remove the garbage around my little concentration camp and add more items to said concentration camp. Loaded up the game after installing the beta, and it actually removes those items around my base, despite the items being in the base game.

lol, who's in your concentration camp? i made one and filled it with synths

In response to post #36106690. #36107690, #36108150, #36108295, #36108475 are all replies on the same post.

Second, I have to say,

this is a Beta. Beta means it is not finished and Beth is allowing users to give feedback while they finish it instead of just throwing it out there and saying "here you go, deal with it". If you read all of the ignorant comments from people swearing and complaining and take a moment to really take it all in, this is the reason why Skyrim mods (many of which are not even favorable to the majority of Skyrim enthusiasts) are still receiving more than twice the views/downloads and the same amount of, if not more, endorsements than mods for a game that is 4 years newer.

The attitude that so many put forward in general (the self entitled stance that users take about the works of mod authors, the complaints about the community or games without even attempting to provide solutions) is not only what kept this game "down" in the eyes of many fallout fans but is what has kept a great deal of well known mod authors away from modding the game. No one wants to spend their "hobby time" reading the childish nonsense (no offense to children) that so many troll into these forums/threads.

Yes, the Creation Kit not being released yet (which there is a reason that it wasn't released yet... perhaps they were trying to tell you that some big additions to the game itself were still being created and you should wait to implement/create mods that could be broken with whatever updates Beth intended to create?) is also what is keeping some authors on hold before they start creating, but the attitude of so many who do nothing except wine and complain? It's disgusting. Regardless of your stance on Fallout 4 as a game, it's obvious why so few people are even VISITING the mod pages for FO4... and it's not Bethesda.

PJS1488 wrote: Oh, please! Give the self righteous, holier than thou attitude a rest, will ya?
GamerPoets wrote: Nothing that I said has anything to do with "holier than thou"... You're obviously the sort of idiot that I'm talking about. Give being an idiot a rest, will ya?

But aren't you one of those who's whining and complaining? Not all people here are what you're complaining about. I haven't experienced what you're sprouting and if what you've experienced is poor then what you've said IS your opinion.

In response to post #36103150. #36103355, #36104240, #36108360 are all replies on the same post.

woolanator wrote: its only activates if youre opted in on steam if not it wont download and apply it, youll know if you have it if it says "[beta]" next to your fallout 4 in steam

HadToRegister wrote:

printerkop

Just brilliant, and you'll be one of the people complaining that they didn't fix any bugs, because ytou refuse to play with the new patch sans mods to see if the patch fixes the UNMODDED game FIRST.

But what if you mod to add gameplay mechanics!?

In response to post #36103150. #36103355, #36104240, #36108360, #36109005 are all replies on the same post.

HadToRegister wrote:

printerkop

xsugerdaddyx wrote: But what if you mod to add gameplay mechanics!?

to see if the patch fixes the UNMODDED game FIRST.

And which of Bethesdas Games was Bug free?
I remember Oblivion, without Mods = not proper
I remember Skyrim, without Mods = not proper
Fallout 3 and New Vegas, again, not proper without Mods
Especially they are all not fixed without the unofficial patches.
Hope some people will have slept off somtime.

In response to post #36106550.

aonduine wrote: so in a nutshell if i want to play the new survival beta it has to be vanilla fallout 4

For now yes. Obviously the game has changes to come which could be totally incompatible with mods. It's a Beta. They want feedback to help fix and improve. Imagine if you were able to use a modded game to give feedback. It wouldn't work.

IT IS A BETA! FFS

So stop whining about disabled mods, you've been warned. They will be active once again after the official release.

Edited by starfis

In response to post #36106690. #36107690, #36108150, #36108295, #36108475, #36108975 are all replies on the same post.

Second, I have to say,

GamerPoets wrote: Nothing that I said has anything to do with "holier than thou"... You're obviously the sort of idiot that I'm talking about. Give being an idiot a rest, will ya?
xsugerdaddyx wrote: But aren't you one of those who's whining and complaining? Not all people here are what you're complaining about. I haven't experienced what you're sprouting and if what you've experienced is poor then what you've said IS your opinion.

No, I provide thought, not "F this" "F that". The only thing that I'm complaining about are the idiots that are directly related to the FACTS that I have provided.

-Skyrim mods get twice the views that FO4 mods get. VIEWS. Not just downloads or endorsements. But people (when fallout 4 was the number 7th most searched topic on google in 2015) have literally stopped even looking at the mods.

-I speak with and work with a large number of mod authors on a daily basis. My "opinion", is based on fact. It's a fact that many mod authors have left FO4 behind because they (those who have) are sick of reading comments from those who whine about the games and mods and are losing interest in creating things for people that don't appreciate their time and or get a bunch of grief for giving their creations to them. The same type of people that don't even take the time to realize what a "Beta" is.

-You (sugardaddy... ) have endorsed 10 mods, have 6 posts, no uploads, but have been a "member" since 2010? You apparently haven't experienced anything regarding this community no matter "what I'm sprouting about". Edited by GamerPoets