The Thread You Never Thought You'd See

Quetzlsacatanango

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks epic. I wonder whether mods like this should even be called mods. They are really more like add-ons or downloadable content. I mean that in the best possible way.

I'd love to see some more shots of the 'Gulch'. It very much has the look of the kind of Fallout location I would love to make myself.

I have some more screens, I will post them when I get home (or when I remember and am at home at the same time). All my gear at home is about to be taken apart whil I move into my new house, so if I don't get it up soon, that'll be why.

re-DLC... I'm a literally minded guy, and DLC stands for downloadable content. So all mods on nexus are content, and downloadable by definition. So I really don't see the distinction between user made mods put up for download and what Beth/Obsidian releases. Both vary in quality just as much :)

Geckos- they probably won't have guns in the final version, not the majority anyway. That was just me testing out the rigging.

Someone asked about the guitar - it's not playable, it's just for looks, so that he would look like Death from Six String Samurai. The current version changes it from something Gibson-esque to a Flying V.

I think the part I am happiest with so far is the hologram companion. She is the most recent thing I added, and you know how sometimes you have an idea and you think it should work, but geck/gamebryo has kicked you in the nuts so many times that you're afraid even when you do something that should work, it still won't for some reason? Well that didn't happen.

I was able to create a hologram companion that acts just like the ones in dead money, invulnerable and all, except with human animations and weapon use. Her emitter is wearable. Equipping it summons her to you, and uses up Electron Charge Packs. She also uses them up when she fights for you. So hopefully some balance will be preserved. She compares herself to a genie in a bottle, which a somewhat apt analogy, as jinns were slaves to King Solomon, and her emitter is owned Wotan, the cranky, lecherous smith and weapons vendor (and is also uncannily wise, you might say).

I am also really looking forward to crafting the "main quest" between the town and "The Searchers", who are the religious zealots I mentioned. If you can picture something like a group of Southern Baptists through the prism of a nuclear apocalypse, that's what they're like. I would be remiss if I didn't thank someguy2000 for helping me with the narrative flow for all of this. Nearly every quest in this mod will have some bearing on the way things turn out (i.e.if you help the malfuncitoning robobrain, you may have an extra gun when the time comes to fight. Or the local caravan could be persuaded to make a stop at Gunrunners... or neutralized if you should decide to choose the other side)

Anyhoo you can see I still have a ways to go. Thanks for the pep, that's what I needed.

It all looks and sounds spectacular...seriously...spectacular. :thumbsup:

The only reason I didn't come into the thread earlier is I didn't know how to contain my intial response so as not to sound too much like an idiotic fan girl. Because (and this really happened) the pics are so full of win my head exploded :psyduck:

If you want the illusion ruined :), it's a gecko rigged to the supermutant skeleton, and super mutants can wield machine guns. I don't know really how other critters handle equipping weapons, or if they can, so the short answer re- robobrains is I don't know. I could try. For a price :devil: :devil: :devil:

Llama, your typing is pretty good for having an asloded head :) Thanks