The Thread You Never Thought You'd See

Quetzlsacatanango

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it man! thats a great guitar mesh-- I have been recordign and playign guitar for quite some time, if you want anyone to help with sounds i got a rig and Id love to help! the "love shack" mod i knwo has an animation for playign acoustic guitar I bet could be easily modified to an electric.

Very cool. Loved the geckos with guns! That must of taken some work to get the animations correct.

Can't take any credit for that, they are vanilla super mutant animations. Getting them rigged was something of a beeatch, I would say they still aren't exactly perfect, but they're good enough.

I love it man! thats a great guitar mesh-- I have been recordign and playign guitar for quite some time, if you want anyone to help with sounds i got a rig and Id love to help! the "love shack" mod i knwo has an animation for playign acoustic guitar I bet could be easily modified to an electric.

The guitar is not playable, it's just for looks, at least for right now.

The guitar is from one of Umpa's mods for fo3.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the religious angle so I went with that for the seed of the story. I didn't flesh it out, since there isn't any point in working on details unless you think it would fit. So this is just a loose skeleton/framework. Let me know if you think it has merit and I can expand on it for you.

Ark Haven is a Christian survivalist community in northwest Arkansas "Separatists (off grid) but not isolationists who think they can hide from a perceived enemy". They also believe in the falsehood of a Pre-Tribulation Rapture (ie no rapture). Ark Haven survives the apocalypse relatively unscathed and builds up into a sizable community over the two centuries after the war. The great war verified and strengthened their beliefs. They are a conservative Pentecostal denomination, having a strong belief in the literal existence of biblical supernatural forces.

In the plotline this could be belief in nephilim, (variously translated as giants, sons of angels (congress between fallen angels ie demons and human woman) returning to the earth resulting in supermutants, intelligent deathclaws etc (including the inhabitants of skunkwater gulch). By definition these would be agents of satan and it would be the ark haven's duty to kill them in all their forms, paving the way for the kingdom of god on earth. At this time Jonah a young charismatic preacher filled with fire and was quickly rising through the ranks of the ark, but was considered by many to be a harsh and unforgiving man that let nothing sidestep him from the path that he thought was righteous.

The followers were providing ghouls, and other mutants with technological/medical/charitable aid and refused to be intimidated or driven from Arkansas. Jonah had finally had enough. Enraged by their traitorous nature and fueled by a angelic vision of the arch angel michael commanding him, Jonah led a end to the followers of the apocalypse. It was a wholesale slaughter by him and those most faithful to him.

Slaying the nephilim (mutants) was one thing, but killing so many men, woman and children was quite another and jonah was either banished from teh ark or a civil war ensued and jonah and his most loyal followers escaped. Jonah realized the ark had become corrupted and their complacency with those who would aid the minions of satan signaled the end of gods favor for them. He knew through visions and prayer that he had been handed the torch to light the way of the true path. They traveled west through texas and new mexico hearing rumors of a land relatively untouched by radiation and the ravages of war. When they arrived tehy found the Mojave to be everything the rumors said it would be. Here was life, relatively little destruction and a fair amoutn of freedom from the governments of old.

However Jonah soon learned there was a blight on this chosen land, and realized why god had lead him here. Within hte mojave was a home to the nephilim, a town flagrantly flouting gods will. Jonah would deal with these unholy miscarriages of satan, he would deal out the death they so richly deserved....but how. He had suffered losses in his travels west and his church though tested in the fire of battle and strong in faith was none the less small. He knew from his battles that the nephilim were fearsome warriors, they had supernatural strength and fury. He had only his faith, his followers and humble iron. First he tried to rally the people of nipton, but found it to be a cesspool of prostitution and corruption. Proclaiming it to be a modern day sodom and gomorrah he made a alliance with the nephilim hating legion to raise the town. His work done he began to move on, but shortly after his travels began he received word that the town had been cleared of ceasers men by a lone courier. Realizing god works in mysterious ways he knew he could not ask for a clearer sign. His church moved into nipton.

Now his true work would begin. He would cleanse skunkwater gulch with fire and iron and cast those agents of satan to the pitt below. Next would follow jacobstown and so forth, until the land was pure once again and the way was cleared for the return of the kingdom of heave on earth.

A few points I thought that reinforce the storyline;

nephilim has a lot of different definitions/history/lore. In this context, from jonah's point of view it means giants, mighty ones, those that have fallen etc. They were a hybrid race of fallen angels that mated with human women, and would imply (at this era/age) that the fallen angels = demons. There is even the belief that nephilim were highly learned in forbidden lore nad that could reflect pre-war ghouls that have first hand knowledge of pre-war tech.

The Ark has a strong anti gov bias especially regarding the secular democratic system, and believes the Gov is a system designed by the anti-christ. It would explain why they woudn't ally with the enclave even though they hate mutants as well (they are fragments of the old gov) nor be friendly towrad the NCR (democratic republic).

EDIT: oh almost forgot the ark is a conservative pentecostal denomination that has a very literal interpretation of the bible and angelic/demonic forces.

The fire and brimstone, gunslinging preacher (whether as a good guy or villain) seems to be a staple of westerns.

can't find a direct qoute at the moment re: the legion and mutants, but I remember reading somewhere they consider them *at best* beasts.

Barring the struggle for resources or a feud I don't see to many other negative interactions that would provide as compelling a storyline for wiping out the skunkwater gulch mutants. But a religious belief such as the ark's could fit like a glove.

That being said, I realize there may be some that could be offended. I like to think we are all grownups here on nexus, and can tell fact from fiction, but I can understand if people think we should turn down the biblical references. It's not my intention to insult anyones faith.

Edited by devinpatterson