Male or Female PC? How come?

Kanori24

WursWaldo, on 27 Apr 2016 - 5:01 PM, said:

If given the option I always play male. If given a race option I always play the black guy. :happy: That is one of the few things I like about Bethesda games; you can play whatever sex and race you want.

But you can´t play as an African-American transgender transrace feminist with disabilities, and that´s racist n´ stuff.

Sorry. I´ve been having too much fun watching Bearing and Undoomed tear the SJW´s apart on youtube :dance: :D :tongue:

Great quote in your sig, btw.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If given the option I always play male. If given a race option I always play the black guy. :happy: That is one of the few things I like about Bethesda games; you can play whatever sex and race you want.

Amen to that, as I also mostly play as black male (while being white myself).

And yes, all males in games should be extremely manly, masculine, brutal sexist half-naked egomaniacs. No other way around, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Female, I dunno, I just find playing a male a little boring, though, it's no deal-breaker if I just have to play as one with no other option.

I won't quote everyone, but I enjoy the responses :P Especially the ones that practically say it's a bit lore-breaking that a cute and slim girl is the almighty Dragonborne. When I'm playing as Ashlyn and she takes out a group of bandits, I always have the urge to narrate and say "Hey guys... look... a hot girl. Let's mug her." What can I say, I've developed her as a soldier girl. Bandits are so dumb they never take their target's capabilities into consideration :P

I'm a girl who plays as a girl. It's just difficult for me to fail because I don't want to see one of my girls go down.

Usually both if available but veer towards female, because a kick-ass woman is just 'cool!', and I am male so suppose it's one of the few oppurtunities one gets to be that immersive as being someone else. I also like to play as other 'races' as I don't know exactly how I feel inside anyway despite light apparently portraying me as 'white' (or rather beige...). In fact I love playing as aliens, animals, or cyborgs given the chance!

I have tried to make a character that 'looks' like me... but that does feel a bit weird in my opinion. Like watching yourself on home movies or listening to yourself on the phone. Ughh!!

For Bethesda games and others like Saint Row I play the black dude because I'm a black dude. For Mass Effect I played vanilla male Shepard because there's nothing wrong with his appearance, imo. Playing Geralt in The Witchers wasn't a stretch for me and I didn't mind playing the pasty white dude. To me, he fit in with the games' Medieval European motif. Same thing for Final Fantasy and Hitman. But for some reason I can't get into playing a female character. Probably because I don't identify with them.

I'm not politically correct so I don't see the point in complaints I read from time to time about how 'games are centered on hetero white males'. That silliness doesn't matter to me. A spade is a spade (hey, that's me :happy: ) and that isn't something that needs to be 'fixed' in gaming. SJWs and 3rd wave fem-Nazis need to leave my games alone. :mad:

I know it's a fantasy world and my points aren't exactly valid, but it feels absurd when skinny cute girl takes on few male, weathered bandits, not even saying about dragons and other monsters... I mean, we can take in account a fem character as greatest archer or mage, but evenetually in TES you usually tie into melee, and those men or monsters beating living s%#t out of this poor girl while she still boot their asses in hand to hand... uhm, wierd.

And btw, black-renegade Shep worth playing ME all on his own, vanilla one looks like a dork to me...

http://i.imgur.com/p1lpZIg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vhZTfd3.jpg

:cool:

For games when I have a choice, I play female, and she's always named Gersilla.

Gersilla is my eternal heroine; got her way back when, in a D & D type game.

Gerstly was male but due to a magic artifact, over a period of months, his

gender was changed from male to female. And the name was changed from

Gerstly to Gersilla. As of this date, she is 364 years old. Looks akin to a wood elf,

but is actually Sidhe. Pictures and more info can be found at my profile.

If you desire any more info, it will cost a bottle of mead....

Since Oblivion I almost always play as a female in any game with a 3rd person option.

Why? Cuz I like lookin' at hot chicks; and if my character is a hot chick, then I always have one to look at while playin'.

@Kanori24 - I don't like seein' chicks gettin' killed either; Submit - a mod for Skyrim available on The Site Not to be Named - is one of favorite mods cuz you can make 'em surrender.