ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

IMPORTANT! A SITE IS STEALING MODS!

zidders

I'm glad LHammonds and others removed their mods. Even though I don't fully understand what's going on here (I think I do), somehow I just feel better. I really do think they are planning on charging in some way shape or form, or at least testing out their capabilities to do so. Also whoever did this one, cheeky! Edited by wizardmirth

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Conspiracy/Paranoia element* :facepalm:

:rolleyes:

Diving a bit into the links around it's turning up some weird leads. Summarised, this site is linked to another 'company' called Solid State Networks (Don't check their scary news section publications) that seems to want to P2P content of games 'to deliver a superior game acquisition experience'. The goal might be, with keeping an eye on olympus games, to create some sort of Steam-like download manager for mods. Now, don't tell me that's something they don't want to earn money of. Randomly providing tools like this without some ground where this is actually 'requested' or a background of modders that wanted this and started this ....would most likely only be created out of profit.

Did you also wonder why just the 'bigger' mods were uploaded aside from the obvious reasons? Another lead for their goal of profit seems their interest for some game mods leading to companies. That blog of Kreisher has a post of "a mod team turned company acquired for $400 million" Maybe this is what they are after, quickly sneaking upon a mod-group so that they get attention or maybe even can sell it by buying it then reselling it? :psyduck:

In short, It has a lot of signs of a group of people trying to find 'a big hit' and earn money from it, in whatever form it may be. File mirrors? nice...Sneaky file mirrors with strange plans or backgrounds? Not so nice...

There's also the fact that the site is totally impossible to navigate. There's a reason that mods for different games are scattered about on their own forums. It actually contributes to simplicity. I know I've seen people confused when a Morrowind mod they downloaded wouldn't work with Oblivion.

If they're serious about making a mod site and aren't just gonna dump it after a quick scam there's no way that it would make it.

*snicker,snicker*

Noticed a few M.I.D.D.L.E.F.I.N.G.E.R. oblivion mods on GMOD. I think they are the best on the site.

I think it would be rather enjoyable to take all their logos and make a mod that places nice BIG billboards stating that sites like these are a bunch of thieves. Then have 100's of people register and upload the same mod over and over with some cool name. Billboards, posters, notes the whole lot. Maybe user's of the site will get a bit mad also. Opps, forgot to ask first.

Also whoever did this one, cheeky!

That would appear to have been done by Zaldiir. Clever. :biggrin:

Didn't find anywhere I could delete mods (Again, bad design!), so I had to do something! ;D

I don't care what the site's done, I won't have people coordinating any type of "attack" on another site on these forums. Bash and get pissed off about the things that have been done wrong things by all means, but don't actively encourage each other to try and bring a site down or overload it.

The number one thing you can do is spread the word among the online community that they're thieves and should be avoided at all costs.

Also whoever did this one, cheeky!

That would appear to have been done by Zaldiir. Clever. :biggrin:

Didn't find anywhere I could delete mods (Again, bad design!), so I had to do something! ;D

Epic, Zal. Just epic.

somebody needs to write a review of that mod for GMOD