IMPORTANT! A SITE IS STEALING MODS!

zidders

Things like this cause me to lose faith in humanity. They are claiming that:

Phanjam PMed me to say he'd been contacted by a website called gmods.com saying that they uploaded his mods without his permission. It CLAIMS that if he does not "claim an account" with them then the mods will be deleted when the service finishes its beta.

So essentially, if somebody does not want their work on the site, all they have to do is ignore it? Great plan to get members.....

Edited by TheReverendTholomewPlague

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone posted this on Bethesdas forums? I ask because they own everything created with the Geck/CS and won't be very amused if someone sells that content.

From this point on the Nexus is now in a permanent state of "closed/open beta" and until the site goes "live" I hereby announce that none of you have any rights to your own work and I will be adding as many popular files from other sites, that are not hosted here, to the Nexus in due course. This will (obviously) be for (indefinite) testing purposes and ergo this is not stealing... :facepalm:

The word "live" shall not be considered to mean "when the public can view the site and download files", as you might think it would (and it currently is), and shall instead mean "when I say it's live". Stay-tuned. We're due to go live in the next 0 - 100 years, and I'm damn excited...

*slow clap for the muppets at gmod.com*

Wait, pay? Orly?

If you having to pay in order to gain access to mods, then send that link to BethSoft, and they'll have shut the site down before Skyrim is released. :P

Edited by jhardingame

Wait, pay? Orly?

If you having to pay in order to gain access to mods, then send that link to BethSoft, and they'll have shut the site down before Skyrim is released. :P

I doubt it. From the sounds of it, they're not charging for mods, but merely for access to the site. They're probably working with some kind of loophole there.