Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37097840. #37099495, #37104850 are all replies on the same post.

delanrobinson wrote: *Help* I can run fallout 4 and do the usual business on the main menu but as soon as I load or create a a save It just cuts out and kicks me off. I have disabled all my mods on the Nexus MM and re-ticked the DLC files obviously all I have done is use the mod downloader in the main menu and downloaded a couple of mods " Does that work yet?" Please help me? I'm an idiot I know :D
izon87604 wrote: I coudlnt load a saved game or start a new one. so i deleted the ini files in my documents\my games\fallout 4. ran the games launcher so it would detect settings etc and therefore create new inis and then loaded up the game and now it all works. has to do this last time i updated
delanrobinson wrote: Thanks for the reply I will try this and get back to you

You are a lifesaver works now thank you so much :D

In response to post #37107925.

jediakyrol wrote: so, After grabbing the CK, I've noticed that my saves are now prefixed with "[M]" is that a marker for "has mods installed"?

That would make sense, maybe it relates to the fact that mods will disable Achievements :( Source:https://community.bethesda.net/thread/9278

In response to post #37097840. #37099495, #37104850, #37105005 are all replies on the same post.

delanrobinson wrote: *Help* I can run fallout 4 and do the usual business on the main menu but as soon as I load or create a a save It just cuts out and kicks me off. I have disabled all my mods on the Nexus MM and re-ticked the DLC files obviously all I have done is use the mod downloader in the main menu and downloaded a couple of mods " Does that work yet?" Please help me? I'm an idiot I know :D
izon87604 wrote: I coudlnt load a saved game or start a new one. so i deleted the ini files in my documents\my games\fallout 4. ran the games launcher so it would detect settings etc and therefore create new inis and then loaded up the game and now it all works. has to do this last time i updated
delanrobinson wrote: Thanks for the reply I will try this and get back to you
delanrobinson wrote: You are a lifesaver works now thank you so much :D

Hey, thank you so much for sharing your solution! Any idea if there is any way to make it so that I don't need to delete the ini files every time I re-launch the game?

In response to post #37107925. #37108105 is also a reply to the same post.

jediakyrol wrote: so, After grabbing the CK, I've noticed that my saves are now prefixed with "[M]" is that a marker for "has mods installed"?
darthtrevhat wrote: That would make sense, maybe it relates to the fact that mods will disable Achievements :( Source:https://community.bethesda.net/thread/9278

...wow...I just read that...that is pants-on-head retarded....especially considering all of the mods that only exist to fix stuff that Beth screwed up and refused to fix themselves.

... ... ...but...knowing Bethesda...it's probably really easy to disable the thing that checks for your save being modded...watch that become the #1 mod! Edited by jediakyrol

In response to post #37107925. #37108105, #37109210 are all replies on the same post.

darthtrevhat wrote: That would make sense, maybe it relates to the fact that mods will disable Achievements :( Source:https://community.bethesda.net/thread/9278
jediakyrol wrote: ...wow...I just read that...that is pants-on-head retarded....especially considering all of the mods that only exist to fix stuff that Beth screwed up and refused to fix themselves.

... ... ...but...knowing Bethesda...it's probably really easy to disable the thing that checks for your save being modded...watch that become the #1 mod!

Jedia, don't kid yourself about the nature of most mods. Most mods just add jiggly boobies, neat weapons, and cool armor and clothes. Only a tiny fraction do any kind of bug fixing, and most of those are good-enough hacks.

But, yes, I am irritated by that. Chances are, there may be a mod that does that. Then Bethesda will counter it, then another version that counters the counter, etc. Energy on Bethesda's and modder's part will be wasted on something so stupid.

I promise you that Bethesda will probably undo that. And there is the slight possibility that Bethesda will make it very, very hard to disable it. Edited by ErosLogos