Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37072310. #37072940, #37073560 are all replies on the same post.

Phnx wrote:

NMM does an incorrect formatting of the plugins.txt for the 1.5 beta!

The correct format is: e.g.

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*CROSS_CosmeticFramework.esm
*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
*BetterModDescriptions.esp

Please note that the correct format has no "Fallout4.esm", "DLCRobot.esm" and "DLCworkshop01.esm" entries in the file and uses * !

SirSalami wrote:
In response to post #37072310.

Phnx wrote:

*ArmorKeywords.esm

Please note that the correct format has no "Fallout4.esm", "DLCRobot.esm" and "DLCworkshop01.esm" entries in the file and uses * !

Please update to NMM 0.61.20 here: http://nmm.nexusmods.com/Releases/4.5/Nexus%20Mod%20Manager-0.61.20.exe

Phnx wrote: Still does it wrong. How do I tell NMM that I'm using the beta?

I can't replicate this issue on 0.61.20 (nor 0.61.19), NMM properly ignores those plugins .
I also tried to manually sabotage it (adding those lines manually) but when I go into NMM and change something in the loadorder it will properly fix the file.

This is what NMM does on my system:

*Homemaker.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*Robot Home Defence.esm
*BetterGenerators.esp
*BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp
*BetterSettlers.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks.esp

These may be possible causes for your issue:
1. You're using an older NMM version
2. Another software is messing with it
3. NMM is not pointing to the FO4 beta or a legit FO4 exe .
4. Your system is preventing NMM from interacting with the plugins.txt file.
5. You're checking the wrong Plugins.txt file. Edited by DuskDweller

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read about "mods disabling achievements". is it still the case here?

Edit: Ingame mod menu stated "section 2.D mod disable Achievements/Trophies". Is that temporary? Did Bethesda make the same approach with any of their previous games?

Edited by jackmarshal

In response to post #37070115. #37070555, #37070625 are all replies on the same post.

scot wrote: Hello, Im a bit confused, is the creation kit out yet? I downloaded the bethesdanet program (another useless software to keep company to steam) where do I get the creation kit? They change this a lot, why can't this be like oblivion times :(

update: No mods show up on the load order in bethesda plugin thing
NightPick wrote: you must download the bethesda.net launcher and login to get the ck
Realybeefy wrote: It is in open beta, it essentially means it is out in everyway but officially. (Because it is not 100% finished) You can download the Bethesda launcher here http://download.cdp.bethesda.net/BethesdaNetLauncher_Setup.exe and then the Creation Kit should be the first thing you see when you install it.

Thank you already did it, I panicked for a moment there XD fixed my mods stuff as well.

Hello everyone i have question for normal guy like me, that only download mods, not creating them Creating kit mean anything? do i need to download something? or every mod created in Creating kit will be available on nexus? And how can i get "mods" option on menu screen in fallout 4? Thx for help :)

In response to post #37085145.

Mixerslayer wrote: Hello everyone i have question for normal guy like me, that only download mods, not creating them Creating kit mean anything? do i need to download something? or every mod created in Creating kit will be available on nexus? And how can i get "mods" option on menu screen in fallout 4? Thx for help :)

Just update your game after opting into beta on steam to get the mods option on the menu to download mods from mods.bethesda.net. Mods created with the creation kit are able to be hosted here as well. Edited by CausticFox98

In response to post #37072310. #37072940, #37073560, #37080710 are all replies on the same post.

Phnx wrote:

*ArmorKeywords.esm

SirSalami wrote:
In response to post #37072310.

Phnx wrote:

*ArmorKeywords.esm

Please update to NMM 0.61.20 here: http://nmm.nexusmods.com/Releases/4.5/Nexus%20Mod%20Manager-0.61.20.exe

Phnx wrote: Still does it wrong. How do I tell NMM that I'm using the beta?
DuskDweller wrote: I can't replicate this issue on 0.61.20 (nor 0.61.19), NMM properly ignores those plugins .
I also tried to manually sabotage it (adding those lines manually) but when I go into NMM and change something in the loadorder it will properly fix the file.

This is what NMM does on my system:

*Homemaker.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*Robot Home Defence.esm
*BetterGenerators.esp
*BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp
*BetterSettlers.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks.esp

These may be possible causes for your issue:
1. You're using an older NMM version
2. Another software is messing with it
3. NMM is not pointing to the FO4 beta or a legit FO4 exe .
4. Your system is preventing NMM from interacting with the plugins.txt file.
5. You're checking the wrong Plugins.txt file.

I have the same problem, NMM does not recognize that im the beta, it still shows DLC robot.esm and DLCWorkshop01.esm

In response to post #37064095. #37064415, #37065340, #37065605, #37065985, #37075475, #37076185, #37077320, #37077780, #37080260 are all replies on the same post.

jpsimonetti wrote: Experiment in imagination - Picture those sales numbers from last year if Bethesda admitted to the world the Creation Kit wouldn't be available until May of 2016. That was a whole lot of dirty sales tactics to not admit the lifeblood of all Bethesda games - modding - would be stifled for 6 months, twice as long as even New Vegas (which was worth waiting for).
Sevaanos wrote: I remember them saying that the CK wouldn't be out till Spring of 2016, and guess what, its spring of 2016. So I say they were pretty on point.
jpsimonetti wrote: "The Fallout 4 Creation Kit, the software tool that allows PC modders to go wild, is set to arrive at the beginning of 2016."

Repeat in every news article from September 2015 through January of 2016.

In February, it was announced that the CK was being released in April, starting with the PC, then moving to consoles.

Pretty sure Fallout 4 had been out for 3 months by then. They let us believe it would be around in January - until January actually arrived. That is an underhanded sales tactic. They know how the modding community makes their games what they are. They basically promised their game would get better in 3 months after release. Aaaand nope.
Samurok wrote: actually no, only some people believed it was coming in january based on the "begining of 2016" part. well its april, the 4th month of the year...so yeah, still the begining. think about it for a sec
ErosLogos wrote: Please don't get a swollen head.

I played the game three times before I got into modding, so I thought Fallout 4 was pretty much the greatest game I ever played then. I like mods, but I hate how so many users and modders have these enormous egos, thinking themselves as the reason why any Bethesda game is good. Guess what?

The game was pretty much fun without mods.

I get mods to make the game more fun to play. Not to fix a broken game.

As for dirty sales techniques? No such thing as a dirty sales technique; capitalism is an inherently underhanded and dishonest system. As long as it isn't explicitly illegal, anything goes. It's the name of the game. But I'd say it was technically on point; it arrived at the end of April, juusstt within the early 2016 window.

By the way, New Vegas was made by Obsidian; Bethesda had nothing to do with it. And while I liked New Vegas, and think it was this great game, I don't get how everyone is suddenly dickriding it. I remember when it wasn't all that popular to say that you liked it.
Taiolu wrote: Because new vegas followed lore the best it can. Where as bethesda stopped being able to do lore well ever since oblivion.
Sytron wrote: It was originally said it would be released in the "First Quarter" of 2016. Which is a 3 month time frame, this is already into the second quarter and not near the beginning either. So the OP has a valid point about time frames.
Aikospacerogue wrote: Why, why do those months mater if they'd bought it anyway its not like the game had any kind of sale, if anything the'd be lucky they picked up the Season pass early before the price went up. Does it make any difference ? It sure doesn't to your wallet.

No to mention the Dev's are really really busy with several IP's ,this devkit, AND making it so mods can go on concoles, this isn't a small feat you know, I'm sure they didn't enjoy delaying, its not something anyone enjoys at all. the Devs like mods too, or they wouldn't be doing this.
cjqnsnyc wrote: It's here NOW, so enjoy it.

They didn't HAVE to give us ANYTHING you know. Not to mention the fact that it's FREE.

Again, it's here now. Just think of all the great mods that will come instead of going on the offensive against one of the few companies that support pc modding, okay?
vlaka wrote: ugh just way too many fanboys justifying Bethesda's scummy tactics.
>.<

Wonder how they're going to justify paid mods.

I think Fallout 4 followed the lore just fine. And I've played Fallout New Vegas.