Why do people seem to prefer Fallout New vegas to fallout 3.

arcane20

I hope they will be much better than New Vegas and will not take place in desert, i like covered sky and rain in games or in movies it's artistically more powerfull (that's my opinion).

Yeah, that's not happening. A Nuclear war would reduce the world to desert.

i hope FO4s mood will be a post-apocalyptic like DC but with characters, choices, dialogue, and factions like NV

third time's a charm, right Bethesda !

This isn't happening. I mean, it's been 200 years. And yet there was more orginization in Fallout 1, and that was barley 90 years after the war.

Actually just to point it out, if they made the next FO in the Denver (Dogtown in the Van Buren docs) area, it could very well be a destroyed area but still have a lot of choices and a few factions. There are some areas that haven't successfully been reclaimed in the FO world. So long as it has the depth of story NV had, and the more subtle black humor, I'll be happy. And about the world being a desert, that isn't absolutely true, look at Chernobyl, it's pretty green and lush. Basically, so long as a bomb didn't hit directly there, plants could start to take back areas after 200 years, even with the dust cloud from the initial bombing killing a lit of them.

Umm, Chernobyl wasn't an explosion, it was some radiation leakage. As well, Radiation works differently in Fallout.

I know it wasn't an explosion, simply stating that plants can grow and flourish in a radioactive area, and obviously plant life in Fallout isn't dead, there are shrubs and whatnot everywhere. I also know full well that radiation works differently in Fallout rather than in real life. I have been playing the series since release day for Fo1 lol. I never said you were wrong, just pointing out a few things that you stated as fact that have by no means been established as absolute fact in the Fo universe, since the core region is rather small compared to the whole world, and other than that we only have the tactics area and the D.C. wasteland.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what ?

I think a game serie got to diversify itself, are we gonna have desertic and dry fallout worlds again & again, i don't think it would be a good idea in terms of renewing the serie as well as keeping most fans.

Sepherose got it right it ain't no need to have Mad-Max style landscape to make a good post-apocalyptic game ( point lookout is the proof) , and i agree the fact that 200 years is far enough to make a civilisation (U.S.A have nearly 200 years of existence) but we must not forget about mutated creatures, post apocaliptic lords of war and little unorganized factions inherent in the fallout world that make it extremely dangerous and by all mean i think we don't feel that danger enough in NV.

As an exemple Goodspring or Novac seems defense-less like ther ain't nothing to worry about.

I played the game and finished it so it's a fact that i didn't hated it, but the next episode need to have a darker mood, and it can keep its black-humor by doing so.

Edited by MonsterMonkey

So what ?

I think a game serie got to diversify itself, are we gonna have desertic and dry fallout worlds again & again, i don't think it would be a good idea in terms of renewing the serie as well as keeping most fans.

Sepherose got it right it ain't no need to have Mad-Max style landscape to make a good post-apocalyptic game, and i agree the fact that 200 years is far enough to make a civilisation (U.S.A have nearly 200 years of existence) but we must not forget about mutated creatures, post apocaliptic lords of war and little unorganized factions inherent in the fallout world that make it extremely dangerous and by all mean i think we don't feel that danger enough in NV.

As an exemple Goodspring or Novac seems defense-less like ther ain't nothing to worry about.

I played the game and finished it so it's a fact that i didn't hated it, but the next episode need to have a darker mood, and it can keep its black-humor by doing so.

:facepalm: that's all I can say about this. Your completely missing the point of Fallout!

Edited by AveTruetoCaesar

Point lookout was post-apocalyptic taking place in marshes, it was good.

It's not a question of gameplay it's a questio on how i feel the game the ambient.

All games have diversified there universe and it's good, if all fallout games take place in deserts, look oblivion got more diversified world like most other games so why don't do so with fallout, why do you think greenworld is one of the most endorsed mod, that's because people are bored with desert.

Edited by MonsterMonkey

It's not a question of gameplay it's a questio on how i feel the game the ambient.

All games have diversified there universe and it's good, if all fallout games take place in deserts, look oblivion got more diversified world like most other games so why don't do so with fallout, why do you think greenworld is one of the most endorsed mod, that's because people are bored with desert.

There's a whole bunch of Nudity Mods that are heavily endorsed. Maybe for the next Fallout game you should play as only woman. And instead of fighting, they should just have sex!

There's a whole bunch of Nudity Mods that are heavily endorsed. Maybe for the next Fallout game you should play as only woman. And instead of fighting, they should just have sex!

I may personally feel that NV is a lot closer to it's roots, by a long shot, than Fo3, but this just doesn't make any sense in context. All he is saying is that the world needn't be a desert in the next Fallout, which is true, I don't see how nude women that have sex a lot is even comparable. But at the same time MM, the NV area has been for the most part tamed compared to other, more wild areas.

i always thought NV was a desert so to distinguish it from FO3... but man, i played FO3 the other day and NV sure could use more buildings downtown....

on FO3, thought it was about setting up the Eastcoast story, like FO1 did in the West, the new beginnings of government and order... FO3s story kinda sets that in motion but int he East... furthermore, FO1, FO2, and NV are about the West.. .hence the western mood, particularly that of NV.

..and soon enough East will meet West???... was Ed-E's travel foreshadowing things to come?

Edited by Rimland