Bethesda Forums hacked... again

Deleted1848331User

Lame....just lame. Im really glad I dont have a forum account over there right now^^. I guess its too much to ask for every one to play nice and get along? Its at times like these when people do these kind of stupid things that I wonder how we get dressed in the morning as a race. One of these days, the hackers will win and the company(s) affected will just remove their online services. Patience must be in short supply over at the Bethesda Forums online help desk right now, lol.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Sigh' Unfortunately for me, Reseting my password on the forums is not working. Attempting to reset by entering my e-mail was also unsuccessful, website is not recognizing any of my e-mail addresses, so I guess I am out of luck.

Edit: Maybe this is just due to the mass resets and not an issue with my e-mail. Regardless, I hope that this is resolved soon.

Edited by Iriodus

i think the people who hacked bethesda want to copycat their grand design and copyright it for them

i think.

i even didn't know bethesda has their own forums

lolol

Well, if it was Notch fanboys who did this, they are utterly stupid, and clearly can't read...

Bethesda never sued Notch, ZeniMax did! If they wanted to hack someone, ZeniMax is the one.

Good thing my password was unique to that site only. I use KeePass to store all my various account info which makes such hacks useless for my accounts at any other site. :thumbsup:

Here are the steps I took to get everything working again on Bethsoft forums:

1. I used their Forgot Password link which sent an "activation" link via email.
  2. Opened the email, clicked on the activation link, it then wanted to reset the password which then sent another email with the password in it.
  3. I opened the next email, copied the password and logged in with their generated password.
  4. I immediately clicked on Settings and changed the password to a new one.
  5. I logged out and logged back in with my new password to make sure it worked right.
  6. Recorded that password in my KeePass database.

All done. :thumbsup: