⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The new design

DeepSoul

I do not like the site design personally compared to the old, but that point has been argued to death. I am sure it has its supporters and haters, plus it is DarkOnes Site.

One thing I would like though is if anything, can there be an option to change the colour scheme? The white/orange mixture is extremely hard to read and you have to strain your eyes to focus on it, where a colour scheme that contrasts better you can easily make out and read easy. This is worst, at least for me on browsing files.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a crap about the design change. I'll get used to it. What I won't get used to is not being able to download a damn thing because nothing I click on works!

What he said.

I can't get the buttons to work in Firefox, and the log-out button overlaps another one. Other than that I don't mind the rest of the layout/colours. :ohdear:

Edited by roquefort

In my opinion a backward step and a total mess I am afraid. Also the fact that I can’t download anything makes the whole exercise pointless. The whole design is a nightmare with items overlapping each other, and navigating it is not as straight forward as the old one. The old adage of “if it isn’t broke don’t fix it” seems to apply here. You could have members leaving the site in frustration if you are not careful.

@Dark0ne

My friend if you don't want to collapse this great community, start a poll about the new design, plus a lot of IE users cannot use the site correctly (e.g ie8, ie9).

Another aspect is that, it is very complicated to navigate, the color scheme does not fit, no widescreen support etc.

If you are a true leader (site manager) you must take in consideration that many, many users/people dislike the new change.

I like very much the nexus, I have nearly three years old since I've registered and it is in my Top 3 best moddin' sites and you want my opinion?

Here it is: restore back the old design, rework the new one and publish it as a beta before change the main site. Do not take like an insult mate, but the new design is bad. I'd give it 3/10

P.S. Take your time, and make a poll

Thanks for nothing Dark0ne!

People like you make me sick.

I am sorry you feel that way, Dark0ne. Since you don't personally know me, your comdemnation seems a little harsh in return. I am curious to know why I make you sick. Is it because I strongly disagree with your changes to the site? Especially in light of the fact that a large numbers of people are in consensus?

While this site does belong to you and you are free to do as you wish with it, it is presented as a public medium. I feel that, as users of this site, we should have some say as to its presentation then. The new site is not as users friendly nor as appealing in many respects, as the earlier one was. I feel that the changes are not for our benefit nor will they likely be popular. It's harder to navigate, the colours are not appealing, and there seems to be problems with older Window browers. My earlier thanks was for turning a deaf ear to our voices. Didn't mean any disrespect.

Edited by sorceress99

old was 10001% better...it was easy to navigate even to new user,but now...i just can't even understand where da fuk im...pressing on randum mod i can't find WHAT this mod all about...textures ?clothes ?or what ?because there is no navigation !no explanation to which category this mod belong to.

second...why all pictures hurting my eyes so badly ?they are sooo fuzzy/blurry,to actually see what on the picture,i need to click on it.

oh and the text...oh my eyes its buurn !

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/904/unledihk.png

Edited by Nibel8

I am sorry you feel that way, Dark0ne.

Indeed. "Thanks for nothing"...I wonder why I might get ticked off with such a recklessly stupid remark? 10 years of work supporting this modding community, hundreds of thousands of pounds (yes, you read that right) spent creating a network that will stand the test of time and ever increasing traffic. There are several places you can suck, lick and blow for all I care about that remark. Find someone else in this community who has invested as much. There isn't anyone. An apology would be great.

You'll notice I'm not responding much to a lot of the criticisms. I've taken some on board and changes are in the pipeline. Colours, for instance, can be modified. Text on the icons. Trying to troubleshoot a ridiculously dumb issue with the site working in IE8 on Windows 7 but not working in IE8 on Windows XP (you people using IE have a lot of explaining to do...). Some other features are missing right now or are gimped for the time being. Reason being in a month or two Axel's new code is going to come in to play, which is going to be far superior to this site and the old site and I didn't want to waste too much time on features that'll be completely overhauled a month or two down the line.

Truth of the matter is I went through all this 4 years ago when TESSource became TESNexus. The same things were said then that were being said now; "you'll destroy the community with this", "the end is nigh", "my toys are going out the pram right now!!!!111", but a few months down the line, as the changes and improvements came, people piped-down, grew used to the design and appreciated the advances coming their way. Some criticisms are valid, some are good and have given me food for thought or put changes in the pipe-line, but if you want me to take you seriously you need to drop the melodrama. Drop the "I'm a web designer and I know my stuff" lines. And for the love of god drop the "Dark0ne doesn't care stuff" cause bans will be on their way if I read more of that crap.

It's been less than 24 hours. Give it time.

Time to meld back in to the shadows again and let the criticism roll.

IE Compatibility Mode was perhaps the worst idea in an endless sea of terrible ideas to come out of Microsoft.

Ok...I suppose everyone has to have their say....I personally don't have many issues with the changes. If something isn't functional that is one thing. Just because it isn't pleasing to someone is another.

Its all about how you say it. So here is the word for today...some of you should take note.

Tact-noun-

a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.

There you go. Now you can say you learned something today.