⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The new design

DeepSoul

As far as I'm aware IE8 works fine now.

EDIT 8/25/2011; Second day and still unable to download a file! I am using Win7-64 IE9. Please any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT 2 8/25/2011 4:59 I was able to do a work around to get download to work . Selecting file to download, server pop-up never appeared, file selection screen dimmed clicked browser refresh button, returned to active file selection screen, immediately selected same file to download, server pop-up screen appeared, selected sever and download proceeded as normal to good eoj. This work around is acceptable for short term, but defect root cause determination and resolution is still required. IE compatability mode was never enabled.

edit3 8/30/ 2011 unable to download Adense Epic Dungeon v1.7. The pop-screen doesn't appear and my work around nolonger gets around it.

Edited by macole

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm aware IE8 works fine now.

MY IE8 will not downoad files, either clicking the file does nothing, or moves to the next screen (blank) and does nothing, or moves to the sever selection and then says file is unavailable or does nothing when I chose a server. I cant smooth scroll any page, my screen is jerky. I cant access the comments, tags or discussions pages. I am not using compatibility mode and I had no problems with the earlier site nor any other site. File images are blurry, or distorted. I have talked to others using IE8 who also have the same problems and so many users are also complaining of IE problems in the forums. IE is integrated with the Window OS and you can get it to do more than any add-on browsers, like getting IE to launch from within Explorer and recognizing different types of media and initializing the appropriate program automatically. Bookmarks are easier to manage. So yes, the new site is causing problems with IE users across the board.

IE is integrated with the Window OS and you can get it to do more than any add-on browsers, like getting IE to launch from within Explorer and recognizing different types of media and initializing the appropriate program automatically. Bookmarks are easier to manage. So yes, the new site is causing problems with IE users across the board.

You have absolutely no clue :facepalm:

As for the bugs, look at the fixes implemented today; namely, go to your preferences and turn off the site skin, and change the download method.

I am using IE9 and I have no major issues with the site at all, infact my only issue is that I need to refresh a page when I go to download something, now I might check the site skin feature but I am kind of liking the general look of the site. Infact its seems to work better then the first time I saw the old reveal from months ago.

I must admit, I was not thrilled with the new design, but it didn't bother me.

Dark0ne has 5, soon to be 6 mod sites. The money and time he's put into these sites is staggering.

Has anyone provided or built any thing close? I don't think so.

Most of these posts remind me of 3-year children crying and throwing a tantrum because they got vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate.

(Oh! Wait... I forgot, most of you are children).

As someone wrote earlier, deal with it or move on.

If you have problems, that's an issue that requires information to correct.

Saying "this sux and its brok " doesn't help Dark0ne or you figure out what's going on.

I know this is really tough for most of you to hear, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Grow up. Be civil. Act as though you are old enough to shave, not s*** your diaper.

Well said, kuddos to you.

Really?

(Oh! Wait... I forgot, most of you are children)
Grow up. Be civil. Act as though you are old enough to shave, not s*** your diaper.

I shall keep these in mind for future reference. ;)

EDIT by LHammonds: I have your name, this post and your pirate flag avatar written down for future reference as well. :thumbsup:

First let me say I am a huge fan of the Nexus sites, espicially Oblivion and the Dragon Age Series. With that being said, I like the overall look of the new design, however I am having problems with the Dragon Age site which I do not encounter with the Nexus Oblivion site.

In the Nexus Dragon Age site I cannot get any of tab menus to work (Description, files, Author Photos, user photos, comments). Whatever is displayed when the selected mod opens from the "Latest Files" list, is all I can see; nothing else will open. The bottom task bar (lower Left) will say "Error on Page" when I select any of the tab Menus.

As stated in my first remarks, I do not have this problem with the Nexus Oblivion site.

I use IE8 browser.

Update Sept. 2nd, 2011

I never did find out why the TES Nexus worked and the Dragon Age did not with iE8; so I installed Fire Fox 6.0, and now everything works.

Edited by Beowulfe