Gmod Content Policy & Content Index System

Kreisher

Thanks. Yes, I will do that. I have found an email address at Olympus which is at the bottom of the Gmods page. The comment section doesn't appear to work though.

This is what i said but I don't expect a reply. I almost made the mistake of allowing it from my private home email as that's what came up when i selected to email them, but changed it to my Yahoo address.

Kreisher,

I want all of my mods removed from Gmods immediately. You do NOT have my permission as indicated categorically in my Readme texts.

If you had continued to respond in the latest thread at Tesnexus you will have seen the large list of modders who do NOT want their work there or anything to do with your site and these are only the ones who know about this.

(Linked this topic)

Failure to rectify this situation will result in even more backlash from the wider modding community than you have already earned.

Don't bother trying to justify your methods any further. Just remove my mods and any others you do not have explicit permission to host.

I will be checking to see if you comply and if not I will be taking further action.

Thank you,

Maigrets

Hello I found out their phone number and I live in the States too. If you want I can call them and ask them for your mods to be removed

Cheers

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whois info for Gmods.com:

Whois info for Gmods.com:

Registrant: Mimir Council 2226 Eastlake Ave East Seattle, Washington 98102 United States Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com) Domain Name: GMOD.COM Created on: 02-Jan-03 Expires on: 02-Jan-12 Last Updated on: 03-Feb-11 Administrative Contact: Council, Mimir [email protected] 2226 Eastlake Ave East Seattle, Washington 98102 United States +1.2067740240 Fax -- Technical Contact: Council, Mimir [email protected] 2226 Eastlake Ave East Seattle, Washington 98102 United States +1.2067740240 Fax -- Domain servers in listed order: DNS1.STABLETRANSIT.COM DNS2.STABLETRANSIT.COM

Feel free to call, email, write, threaten with lawyers, whathaveyou. You can also complain to their registration service, (godaddy) and their host. Host information:

Registrant: Josh Odom 112 E. Pecan St. Suite #400 San Antonio, TX 78205 US Domain name: CLOUD-IPS.COM Administrative Contact: Odom, Josh josh.odom@rackspace.com 112 E. Pecan St. Suite #400 San Antonio, TX 78205 US +1.2103125267 Technical Contact: Odom, Josh josh.odom@rackspace.com 112 E. Pecan St. Suite #400 San Antonio, TX 78205 US +1.2103125267 Registration Service Provider: Click And Name, support@clickandname.com 210-798-0105 Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC. Record last updated on 18-Nov-2010. Record expires on 02-Jun-2019. Record created on 02-Jun-2009. Registrar Domain Name Help Center: http://tucowsdomains.com

Feel free to email them as well, and point out that gmod is engaging in illegal/unethical activity, and would they care to be included in the lawsuit.

Edit: Sorry, formatting didn't seem to carry over......

Edited by HeyYou

Don't forget Olympus Entertainment, the parent company.

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/supporters/images/439486-1315234722.jpg

( THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION And IT IS ONLY MY GUESS! )

To find out if I am correct the other highly successful web sites would have to be tested.

I think what I have become aware of when my DSL modem shows it's dropping it's download speed may be a sign of this Leeching of Bandwidth. I may have discovered what the Leeching effect is having on bandwidth in general.

I have had my DSL 1.5 Mbps Download and 865 Mbps Upload modem show it's Download speed dropped below 19 KBps when downloading a movie from a site. Several month's ago I could watch as an SD server was downloading a movie without interruption's. Now! I am going back to downloading them completely before attempting to watch a movie. Several time's Tesnexus gave me the Timed Out Error message after I filled in the User name and Pass word.

After filling in the space's I got the usual message screen that sign in was successful and then the page timed out message. This is not a one time thing. I have had the same timed out message occur many time at Tesnexus, occasionally at other site's, but not as frequently anywhere else. It seem's to my thinking the Tesnexus site is being used as a testing ground, (with or without the owner's knowledge is unknown to me ). I think it may be because of the Tesnexus sites' popularity.

( THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION And IT IS ONLY MY GUESS! )

To find out if I am correct the other highly successful web sites would have to be tested.

With the changes on the Internet occurring faster and faster these day's, I suspect the reason for my own DSL download time slowing off and on, when DSL is not supposed to, is because of the method that Kreisher is describing. :- ( That is something that the Internet Service Provider's need to examine and do something about. That is something Host sites for URL's, like the one's hosting Mr. Robin Scotts' (Dark0ne) need to examine too.

*O^O* If my own DSL Internet download speed is being leeched I want to have it stopped by what ever means available to me. If I can't download a mod because my connection keeps getting leeched so it even gets timed out, that is a sign that Tesnexus, Bethesda, and the movie provider's, are losing bandwidth which knocks my DSL download time off the highest speed, making it like having 33.6 KBps second modem again. :- (

I found out if I reboot my DSL Router my DSL setting's return to normal, but drop again after a download like during a full length movie in SD. That drop would only be if it was a power spike or a fluctuation in the number of people downloading from the Server at the same time. My DSL router was not restored automatically though. Rebooting is a temporary restore, I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT THIS LEECHING OF BANDWIDTH IS THE PROBLEM because the next time I cross the path of a server (tesnexus or otherwise) who is dropping my DSL TIMED OUT I suspect their bandwidth is getting as it drops my modem speed download time across the phone lines.

I suspect this as I have to reboot the DSL modem again and again to sync up with the full speed I am paying for. 1.5 Mbps download and 865 Mbps uploads.

Found my mods there and the download link points to here.

The mods and download links are on their site -- they do not point to your Nexus file page -- and leech directly from the Nexus download servers. They're effectively stealing bandwidth.

Posted here,

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/40722-GMOD.com-A-new-mod-site/page3

here,

http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthread.php/17322-Gmod.com

and here

http://www.nag.co.za/forums/showthread.php?17480-Gmod.com

so far. No replies yet, so I'm not sure if people don't quite get the issue or simply don't really care.

Look at the first reply I got. http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1227832-gmodcom/ :facepalm: