Gmod Content Policy & Content Index System

Kreisher

So this creates a page, but... does it update it? Or just scan the once? Because if it picks up and displays say v1.00 which never changes unless I go do it manually then it has most of the same problems as any other mod hosting site, which is adding lots of outdated information everywhere that leads to me either getting requests and questions about old content, or being forced to go through the hassle of updating somewhere else. The only saving grace would be that it didn't actually hold outdated files.

Plus c'mon, are you expecting us to trust you when you try making an argument like "It doesn't matter if we skip the Nexus front end because the adverts will cover the server costs for the download" as if site identity and branding have no value. You know that's bulls*** and we know that's bulls***, so please stop treating us like idiots.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad idea. Let your site live or die on its merits, or lack thereof.

I don't want my name, real or alias, to be associated with any site I haven't chosen to join.

My description text, etc.. are my own property and I don't want it posted anywhere without my express permission.

Oh, by the way, said text almost always indicates that I don't want my files reposted at other sites. If you think you are getting around that by not actually hosting the file, I guess a lawyer might agree but actual humans will just find you disingenuous.

Instead of leeching of the nexus, try giving your site something Nexus can't or has chosen not to offer and get people to use it on their own. And I don't mean a bunch of animated menus. Those aren't good.

You obviously have only a passing respect at best for intellectual property, so let people post mods with assets from other games. You could be like that other site, but not moderated by a crop of power-mad d-bags.

Let trolls and flamers and pirates run wild. They need a site they can go to.

Allow nudity in your image share (if there is one).

Verdict: :down: :down: :down: I don't need your site and your auto-account-creator to protect me from anything.

IIRC there was a court case quite a number of years back regarding this exact issue: someone setup a website with their own ads etc. but their content window had all the content from other websites. The original content websites advertising was hidden. IIRC the bandwitch leeches (lets call them what they are, pirates) lost.

The court case was brought by a major web service, someone one the scale of Yahoo or Amazon at the time. Can't recall exactly who the two parties were it was so long ago.

Edited by drakeelvin

Why don't you just wait so that your community grows and they start making their own mods?

Also, I don't want you to put any of my mods and future mods on there. Even if it's only linking to the file page on the Nexus.

I put/will put my mods only on the Nexus so that they stay only on the Nexus.

Edited by Iv000

Is understood to have in the moment brought no mods to it? Apparently have only a few mods on their side. What are they thinking actually. Even if you wanted to log on, how can you prove that you are the rightful creator. That has likely result in the account is stolen.

I forbid the uploading of my files and pictures on this page.

Just do it the hard way and make your own unique community! You said it yourself: The nexus isn't the only mod site out there.

I've marked my files to opt out of anything involving your gmod. And that goes for every mod site other than the nexus anyway.