Forgiveness for banned modders

djmystro

I am guessing that the owner of this site has little tolerance for people being rude or abusive. I support him 100%, it is his site. I would also hazard a guess that most modders and others come here because they are not having to deal with idiots and abusive people flaming their posts or what not. If people can't control themselves, then perhaps they should consider taking 24 hours or so before responding to a post that has gotten them upset so as to limit the possibility of saying something that might get them banned. If they are unable to control themselves, well they might be missed, but at least the forum is not going to be overburdened with flame posts etc.

the banned modders are banned not so much because of the pressure place on them as to the ego they build up over time

That has been true of many cases here over the years. Some modders seem to think they're bigger than this community, or above it, because of the work they've done and I don't want such types here. This is a community and you're either a part of it or you're not. No one person is bigger than it.

Most of the time, the banned modders are banned not so much because of the pressure place on them as to the ego they build up over time. The creator of NVInteriors, Chucksteel, is a good example, yes, there was an element of pressure and slackness on one of the commentors (granted, I actually support Chucksteel in that scenario prior to his rant), but his ego allowed him to formulate an extremely bigoted and derogatory remark.

Yeah I can see that, but sometimes it is nothing more than a build up of frustration rather than an ego problem. I am not suggesting this is an excuse to give people a free pass, but perhaps it should be considered when passing sentence or in granting an appeal to a less harsh one at a later date.

As you can tell, I am biased in this conversation because I know a banned modder and while I fully accept that he went over the line in how he reacted to an unfortunate misunderstanding, I honestly feel he was a positive force in our community. Not just for his mods, but for his interaction with other modders. But I would also like to emphasize I understand the ban policy, and respect the moderators decisions on this.

If they are unable to control themselves, well they might be missed, but at least the forum is not going to be overburdened with flame posts etc.

People like this need somewhere they can vent freely about whatever comes to mind. That place is not here obviously. For me, I use my blog for that purpose when I need to.