Skyrim Nexus launches

Dark0ne

Don't worry, you're not late, I'm just early.

In just over 5 weeks The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be released in North America. Traditionally I have waited until around the time of launch to release a Nexus site for Fallout 3, New Vegas, Dragon Age and The Witcher. However, I seem to be waking up every day to emails asking me if I'm going to release a site for Skyrim or whether I'm going to integrate Skyrim in to TESNexus, so I'm putting the flag in the ground today and putting the doubts (and hopefully, the questions!) to rest. Skyrim shall have its own Nexus site, and we shall name it Skyrim Nexus.

Naturally, interest in Skyrim is huge right now and that's only going to increase as we near the launch of the game. We already have over 20,000 posts in our Skyrim forum section and it's growing every day, so come join in with the rest of us.

Skyrim Nexus right now has been locked to the front page and some really good feature article written by some of the news crew here along with Zaldiir, who has been running and updating our 5,000+ post strong Skyrim information sticky thread on the forums. If you're in the dark about Skyrim or want to make sure you're up-to-date on what we know and what you should see then look no further than our featured articles:

Naturally we're going to be keeping you up-to-date with the latest Skyrim news and information on the front-page of the site, and when the game launches on the 11th of November I'll open up the Skyrim mods section and Image Share straight away ready for use. Until then I'll keep it locked to prevent people creating placeholders for their My Little Pony mods (which, by the way, I can't wait to play).

5 weeks folks. I'll be playing Rage to pass the time, but something tells me it's still going to go very, very slowly.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to the Nexus (less than a month), but I felt I should leave a thank you note in the name of the community who love the Nexus and can't imagine how our games would be witout the sites. Your professionalism and dedication make all persons here proud to be a member of this community, from north americans to north africans such as myself, your reputation is rock solid and you never let the members down.

Hats off to Dark0ne and all the Nexus staff. Skyrim Nexus bookmarked and counting..

Awesome awesome awesome! Thank you Dark One! This is really cool. Will we be able to add our own customizable gutters soon I wonder?^^ Oh, and if you are looking for something to pass the time with, Dark Souls got released yesterday and Im picking it up today myself. If you are up to a challenge and do not fear dying many many many times, then it is definately a must play^^.

Awesome countdown, Dark0ne! :) (<- This is a smiley)

I really can't wait for Skyrim, and until then I will be reading Lord of Souls and playing RAGE, but as you said, it's going to go very, very slowly. ;)

By the way, emotes are all messy as you probably noticed in your own post further down. :P (<- This is tongue^^)

Edited by Zaldiir

Another very unique thing about the A.I in Skyrim is when you drop an item, NPCs will react to this if they see it. If a boy sees that you drop it, they might come up to you and try to give it back, while two men might start a fight over the item, all based on what kind of item you dropped.

AHAHA! The first thing to do is take popcorn and drop a powerful item in the middle of a pub!