This is what happens when you support console modding.

Mitigate

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brevity is the soul of wit! Trust me, even as a weapon modder, that 2500 really makes me careful with my words!

Yea no. a MA's only requirement is to detail the changes made such as this;

Description: This mod rebalances the way Flamer Fuel, Fusion Cells, Cry Cells, Gamma Cells, Alien Cells and

Plasma Cartridges work, as well as tweaking the weapons that

use them.

Updated: 05/21/16

Details:

Flamer Fuel;

Flamer Fuel was changed to a charge item, with 100 charges per

tank, leveled list was reduced from multiple items chance to a

single item chance at varying degrees of capacity.

Weight was increased by x100, value set to 20.

Flamer

Large Tank:

Increases projectiles to 2, doubling the output per fuel used.

Ammo capacity increase removed.

Extra Large Tank:

Increases projectiles to 3, tripling the output per fuel used.

Ammo capacity increase removed.

Fusion Cell;

Fusion cell was changed to a charge item, with 30 charges per

cell, leveled list was reduced from multiple items chance to a

Weight was increased to 1, value set to 20.

Institute Gun (pistol/rifle)

Keeping the default aim model and settings makes the institute

guns more accurate, and quicker to fire than the default lasergun

despite having less damage per shot.

Mods increasing ammo were changed to values of 2 or 3 depending

on level so as to provide full charge cell usage.

Mods decreasing ammo were changed to a rate of fire reduction

equal to the ammo reduction where applicable.

Mods that increased rate of fire and reduced ammo had their ammo reduction effect removed.

Gamma Wave Emitter mods:

Changed ammo capacity to further increase range (50% bonus now.)

Photon Agitator mods:

Changed ammo capacity to increase Rate of Fire (25% bonus now.)

Capacitor mods:

By default increase damage.

Laser Gun (pistol/Rifle)

The base aim model has a slightly increased CoF and

reduced/removed recoil, making it slower to fire, less accurate,

and more powerful than the Institute variants.

equal to the ammo reduction where applicable.

Mods that increased rate of fire and reduced ammo had their

ammo reduction effect removed.

Gamma Wave Emitter mods:

Photon Agitator mods:

Capacitor mods:

Laser Musket

Particular detail was put into redefining the Laser Musket to be

it's own beast.

It now fires six projectiles per charge with 5

energy damage to each.

It can crank up to the full 30 charge of the cell with all

receiver types.

The spread on the Laser Musket has been increased to match that

of the shotgun as a result, reload speed has been doubled.

Each crank upgrade further decreases the reload speed and spread

of the shots. With these changes the laser musket can muster a

full 900 points of energy damage when the entire cell is cranked

into it at any level.

The increased reload time for lower level cranks makes it fit

it's name sake and balance quite well from start to finish of the

game.

Plasma Cartridge;

Plasma was changed to a charge item, with 30 charges per cell,

leveled list was reduced from multiple items chance to a single

item chance at varying degrees of capacity.

Weight was increased by x30, value set to 20.

Plasma Gun (Pistol, rifle, sniper, scattergun)

Plasma weapons have had their cone of fire slightly increased to

match the new lasergun cone, their higher damage and slower rate

of fire than either type of laser weapon keeps them as the harder

hitting option for mid to late game.

equal to the ammo reductiong where applicable.

Mods that increased rate of fire and reduced ammo had their

ammo reduction effect removed.

Plasma Flamer

The flame thrower conversion has been changed to use flamer fuel.

It super-heats the stored compressed chemical compound to a

plasmic state. Capacity set to 100.

Gamma Wave Emitter mods:

Photon Agitator mods:

Capacitor mods:

Gamma Cells;

Gamma Cells was changed to a charge item, with 8 charges per

Weight was increased by x8, value set to 20.

No changes to Gamma Gun.

Cryo Cells;

Cryo Fuel was changed to a charge item, with 25 charges per

Weight was increased by x25, value set to 20.

No changes to Cryolator

Alien Blaster Cells;

Alien Cells was changed to a charge item, with 45 charges per

Weight was increased by x45, value set to 1.

Alien Blaster

Changed ammo conversion mod to fusion cells, damage and capacity

reduce to match.

This wont even fit half of it on the beth pages.

Edited by minngarm

The issue is NOT FO4. Just as Beth's unhappy attempts to SABOTAGE Skyrim modding crashed and burned within days, there is next-to-nothing Beth can do to spoil the (dying) Nexus mod scene for FO4. Why? Cos of the direct consequences of the ancient software engine used to power FO4. It is too open- too hackable- too 'old school'.

The issue is Skyrim 2 (the place holder name for the next Elder Scrolls single player open world game). This game uses the ALL NEW iDTech derived engine- that is built from the ground up for modular, easy to apply, easy to control, easy to distribute mods. And this engine WILL NOT allow mods to be hosted anywhere but Bethesda,net.

Mods for Skyrim2 will all need to contain SIGNATURE IP owned by Bethesda, and this trick allows Beth total control over how and when such mods are made available.

Literally all of that is completely made up, is supported by no evidence and makes so sense.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is about supporting console mods, in fact, I feel a little sorry for pure consolers. They will never get the full FO4 modded experience because of various hardware limitations and content restrictions laid down by Microsoft/Sony. They are starving for anything that adds to the content and betterment of the vanilla game and have been for years. All of these PC vs Console flame wars seem to me to be much ado about nothing because both camps can be served. Pure console users have to realize that they can never have access to everything that PC users enjoy (for the reasons listed above) and PC users need to come down off of their high horses somewhat.

Honestly, I'll probably upload whatever I end up making to Beth.net just to prevent some asshole from trying to steal it or "do me a favor" by uploading it themselves. I -do- wish they'd take the time to read some tutorials and basic modding guides before just diving right in, it'd save us all a LOT of headaches.

Those fans... I suggest them send their death threat to Bethesda, cos they fail to create a game world to deliver a good story in a perfect way, after all it is because the vanilla game design sucked big time, I have to achieve my satisfaction after installing 60 esps , and play in fear with CTD risk...

Those fans... I suggest them send their death threat to Bethesda, cos they fail to create a game world to deliver a good story in a perfect way, after all it is because the vanilla game design sucked big time, I have to achieve my satisfaction after installing 60 esps , and play in fear with CTD risk...

If you wanna complain about the game, there are already threads for that on Bethesda.net where Bethesda can read it if they want. I get you're upset and wanna share it with the world until they feel the same way, but you're off topic.

Wow, are people seriously still jumping on the game in the Nexus forums something like seven months after release complaining about it? It's fine if you disagree with the choices made by Bethesda; I get that. But guys like Someguy2000, who actively is modding the game as well as disagreeing with the game's choices in story, don't go around bantering about how s#*! it is and how Beth screwed the pooch or whatever.

Is Bethesda.net really a threat to Nexus. Bethesda is certainly the only game in town for console so those users will have no choice but to live with only those mods that pass Bethesda much more restrictive rules regarding what mods are allowed to be posted (no naked stormtrooper mods). However, PC users have a much wider choice (Nexus being the best/biggest) of places to get mods that don't have as tight rules (yes to nude stormtroopers, if that's your thing).

Are consoles mods such a threat to the pc mods. No and the creator of this very thread explained why when he said he spent 2500 (some people can't even afford a car that expensive) in order to enjoy mods. Just think how many console users are going start using those mods available on Bethesda then learn how much more powerful mods exist out there that require a PC to run (ENBs, for example).

Its like some sort of virtual drug dealer who starts out by giving a person a sample so he can hook the guy in spending money on further or stronger fixes. The next time that console user is at the store buying a new console game they decide to stroll over to the pc aisle see if maybe, just maybe, he can find a PC rig good enough to run the better PC mods but still not break his budget. Next thing you know, Mitigate Jr is the newest regular on the Nexus forums asking for a modder to make a mod so he can dress his character up as Donald Duck (and can you make sure I can apply ballistic weave to the suit).

Its no good to get pissed at consoles just because they can play mods on a system 1/5 the cost you spent on yours and still run hundreds of mods even though their specs are half to a quarter of yours. Do you get pissed at someone eating hamburger while you're eating sirloin just because they're eating beef like you but didn't pay as much? I think that is often the core of many PC users belligerent remarks towards console users. They could play the same games as the more expensive PCs but at least mods were PCs alone.

On the matter of entitled...99% of PC mod users (like me) has never made even a single mod for any game yet we are happy to download them left and right. Just because I own a PC and the modder owns a PC doesn't make me more entitled than a console user to use a mod if we can both run it. If it about general behavior...spend some time on forums like reddit, you'll see some pretty awful and insulting posts aimed at "console peasants" (the fact that this pejorative exists and has been used even in this thread proves console users are not the only people to behave in an insulting manner).