Steam question

Flopsies

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Pete saying that Steam adapts to your timezone.

When 11.11 passes the game will be unlocked in your timezone. And you can install it before 11.11 (If you have a DVD).

EDIT:

Steam now has a countdown until 11.11:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/

When the timer hits 0 in your timezone it will be unlocked.

Hmmn - looking right now

-- Steam says "about 2 weeks and 10 hours". Nothing seems to be counting down (static time)

-- Skyrim Nexus says "1 week 6 days 16 hours + small change"

Still unsure of this unlocking of things -- will we have to wait till the 12th for this in New Zealand?

(actually - it'll be a race to see if the suppliers will get me hooked up to the internet at home, been nearly 4 weeks and no sign of progress)

It's a little odd with Steam, this time. Usually, it releases on midnight, the exact moment it's friday, but this time it doesn't. It is released at 10 am on friday morning here in Denmark (GMT+1), according to Steam. It's not to whine about a 10 hour difference, 'cause I probably wouldn't be able to stay up all night anyway, I just think this one is universally timed for midnight at the American west coast.

LOL nope, steam releases go by reigns not time zones. i dont know why he says that.

Yup, that would appear to be the case; Skyrim unlocks at 2 am for me.

So your Centeral Time as well?

LOL nope, steam releases go by reigns not time zones. i dont know why he says that.

Nope; Mountain Time, United States. Central would be 3 am, if it works how we're guessing it does...

Nope; Mountain Time, United States. Central would be 3 am, if it works how we're guessing it does...

Actually Central time should be 2 am, once day light savings time is figured in. We get back an hour on the 6th which pushes out the unlock time 1 hour.

Actually Central time should be 2 am, once day light savings time is figured in. We get back an hour on the 6th which pushes out the unlock time 1 hour.

Argh! I totally forgot about DST. Then, it will be 1 am for me. :P

Dang. Well I guess that means that I will be waiting a extra 2 hours to play the game while I pour over the game box lol. Sad I know.

So I was hoping to install it when i got home as i went to bed, then after my classes play it, but Im in central so i wont even be able to install?

You can install it, you just can't play it.