How should a married couple behave?

Goliath978

I'm rather doubtful that there will be any great amount of depth to the in game marriages, however I have great faith in the modding community. :geek:

I do wonder if there will be any real benefit to a default ingame marriage? Other than the obvious points, such as - a house to stay in and the potential for a companion to assist you in your adventures. Of course, if they can die, I don't think I will want to take my wife/hubby dragon hunting..... or I will try to marry the Captain of the Watch or something like that. ;)

Quests involving raising your child (Junior's failing alterations, won't eat his vegetables, etc. all of which could determine his eventual career.).

Bonuses for who you marry: Shop owner provides a small, steady income; blacksmith provides a boost to that skill; Lumberjack... you get buttered scones every Middas and plenty of support garments (if there's not at least one good Monty Python reference in-game... I will be disappoint); marry the local loosely moraled (that... is not a word) bar-wench? Now you can't stop scratching and have to deal with her adolescent lizard-child whose favorite line is "You're not my real Dad!"

Divorce, alimony, life-insurance scams for those really evil characters, polygamy...

So many possibilities.

Husband-Wife murder team anyone?

Yes, this is what I expect.

Tbh, it probably won't be particularly deep, as it seems nearly impossible to program so many things unless you want a marriage simulator with adventuring on the side. I mean, I'm just guessing, but marriage probably wasn't at the top of the to-do list :P

If I get a wife, I'll probably get someone good at fighting: The one thing that could really make it seem like a marriage would be a wife that adventures with her husband, killing dragons and draugr together, only to spend 3 hours arguing about splitting the loot at home (and you just KNOW someone will be sleeping on the couch).

You already know the pervs are going to make sex mods so that's def in.

Not to derail the subject... but really?

I didn't relize being a perv was a requirement to make a sex mod O.o

or made you a perv for that matter.

I suppose everyone that has ever had sex at all might as well be pervs with that logic.

sorry mom and dad! but you are pervs for creating me!

no really,.. while your probally right about the mod creaters for that being pervs, im not so sure sex mods automatically makes one a perv >.> (rather its the creation of, or use of)

for all you know they are normal people that just arnt so uptight about the subject.

You already know the pervs are going to make sex mods so that's def in.

Not to derail the subject... but really?

I didn't relize being a perv was a requirement to make a sex mod O.o

or made you a perv for that matter.

I suppose everyone that has ever had sex at all might as well be pervs with that logic.

sorry mom and dad! but you are pervs for creating me!

no really,.. while your probally right about the mod creaters for that being pervs, im not so sure sex mods automatically makes one a perv >.> (rather its the creation of, or use of)

for all you know they are normal people that just arnt so uptight about the subject.

Your taking it way to personally. I have no problems with sex mods. I used them myself just for the realism factor.

I was just saying. Why have sex is TES when p0rn is right around the corner? I'm not uptight neither, I in fact love sex. Edit: Also, I guess I should've added a "lol" to the statement. I'll change that now.

Edited by Tempahs

Your taking it way to personally. I have no problems with sex mods. I used them myself just for the realism factor.

I was just saying. Why have sex is TES when p0rn is right around the corner? I'm not uptight neither, I in fact love sex. Edit: Also, I guess I should've added a "lol" to the statement. I'll change that now.

not taking it personally at all.

its a very misleading comment. I think in a way when i see something that doesn't make sense i have to immediately point out the problem.

you can imagine my friends hate me :)

check the multiplayer threads... i cant help but reply with a "wtf?!?! this wont work!" response everytime one pops up lol

If they have a psycho spouse quest in there then it would be awesome. "Here dear, have some ale." Then you black out, get stripped naked and sold to Dunmer slavers. Another scenario is the screen blacks out in an apparent sex cutaway ending only for the spouse to try to kill you while you lie in bed in a quick time event. Time those taps right or you're characters will lose more than their virginity that night.

The player then gets a wonderful choice, kill the spouse in a murderous rage or let the authorities arrest your old flame.