Pathetic is the best way to describe F4 DLC

nightinglae850

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Urgh I don't like something so I'm going to call it pathetic and ignore people actually like settlement building and try to de-value it by making inaccurate comparisons!"

I'm getting pretty sick of that mentality.

While what they did was nice I would much rather they had stuck to creating story, quests and new world spaces.

Workshop stuff can be done by modders

Everything can be done by modders. That's not a good arguing point. Bethesda does what they want and to be honest all they've been doing is listening to fan feedback. "Modders can do it" is also ignoring not everyone wants to rely on modders for new mechanics or content, some people like official stuff as it's usually fleshed out better.

By the logic of "Modders can do it!" why bother even making dlc, hell why bother making new games when modders can just add new content to old. "Modders can do it!" is bad logic when talking about DLC.

Edited by CiderMuffin

"Urgh I don't like something so I'm going to call it pathetic and ignore people actually like settlement building and try to de-value it by making inaccurate comparisons!"

While what they did was nice I would much rather they had stuck to creating story, quests and new world spaces.

Workshop stuff can be done by modders

Everything can be done by modders. That's not a good arguing point. Bethesda does what they want and to be honest all they've been doing is listening to fan feedback. "Modders can do it" is also ignoring not everyone wants to rely on modders for new mechanics or content, some people like official stuff as it's usually fleshed out better.

By the logic of "Modders can do it!" why bother even making dlc, hell why bother making new games when modders can just add new content to old. "Modders can do it!" is bad logic when talking about DLC.

This.

Well, it should be said those workshop mods could be done by modders, and for the most part *have* been done. I don't believe they ripped off modders or any other bullshit.

I do believe they need to get out of the mentality of picking low hanging fruit. Do things modders would have a hard time creating. Quest assets, new lands, new weapons, new animations. If there is any silver lining to console users getting mods, it's them realizing how badly they got screwed with some of the workshop content.

Well, it should be said those workshop mods could be done by modders, and for the most part *have* been done. I don't believe they ripped off modders or any other bulls***.

I do believe they need to get out of the mentality of picking low hanging fruit. Do things modders would have a hard time creating. Quest assets, new lands, new weapons, new animations. If there is any silver lining to console users getting mods, it's them realizing how badly they got screwed with some of the workshop content.

Most of the workshop mods don't have lots of brand new complex/detailed assets. I don't know about the vault DLC though. I know there was already a make your own vault mod, but I've never tried it. Being about to make your own vaults that look just like vault-tec vaults doesn't really make sense either.

What 'mentality'- thinking people are utterly sick of fools who defend Beth for delivering content that has NOTHING to do with the GENRE that Fallout represents.

Want a PUZZLE game- buy a puzzle game, there are loads of good ones.

Want a SIMS game, buy a sims game from a company who knows how to properly design, code and support such a game.

When people buy ice-cream, they don't expect to find hot dog meat inside. But the fools who defend Beth would argue "what's wrong with hot dog meat in your ice-cream? You like hot-dogs don't you"

I can only assume people on these forums who defend Beth are recent products of the US public school system, where bowing down to authority regardless of what that authority represents, is the main lesson taught.

And I shall remid people once again that FO4 spent most of its dev timeline as a PS3 game. ONLY when hopeless Beth noticed that would long miss the optimal window for a PS3 release did they cancel that version, and then look for CHEAP ways to exploit the much greater RAM and CPU resources of the target systems. Settlements were a LAST MINUTE addition as a consequence of this thinking, and took their 'inspiration' from popular mods to earlier Beth games.

The settlement system is UTTER RUBBISH from a gameplay POV because it never had any seriosu dev time devoted to finding a way to making settlements integrate with the core gameplay.

Lots of people, myself included, have enjoyed messing with settlement mechanisms, but this is ZERO reflection of their sane usefulness as a Fallout gameplay mechanism. Worse, since the underlying engine functionality os so broken and prehistoric, there is no way for modders to ever have settlement AI working to a minimum acceptable standard.

So never do anything new, never try new things, never experiment and take risks. Games must just churn out the same garbage over and over again and never do anything new.

Sorry but that logic is seriously flawed and only halted creativity

Edited by CiderMuffin

So never do anything new, never try new things, never experiment and take risks. Games must just churn out the same garbage over and over again and never do anything new.

Sorry but that logic is seriously flawed and only halted creativity

You're exactly right. You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. That is pretty much what happens with Bethesda Games Studios these days. Everyone always complains they aren't innovative enough, but curse their name they moment they try to be. It's ridiculous.