Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool :turned:

Though the default skins for the Dragon race is awesome all on it's own @_@

I'm picturing this -starts game, big dragon in straps being carted along in a wagon... LOL-

I'm guessing you'd want a different start to the game to then :P

The only way I see this possible, is if you are a half dragon race, like the others said and you can transform into it. Otherwise you wouldn't really be able to do much except stomp about the map.

Perhaps have it so you can't transform inside a city that is closed off and inside dungeons. But i'd like this kind of mod for flying about and such.

Yeah that would be really weird going to the execution as a Dragon. I figure something like the tutorial skip could be implemented. As for caves and stuff, maybe customizing the flight ability so that it works only outdoors, dragons are still huge, but I don't really expect perfection in such an endeavor. There's so much involving Dragons in this game that I don't really care XD as long as I can at least soar through the sky and maybe pillage a village or beat up a sheep or something.

After I left the tutorial area and was on my own, I saw the mountain peaks off in the distance and I thought "What I'd give to be one of the Dragons and fly."

Edited by Aedred

An actual Dragon race is kind of stupid tbh. What should be implemented, is maybe you are a Dragon, but while trying to sneak out of Skyrim, to destroy other places you turned into a human to sneak across the border. And they caught you. And you can have a spell that turns you into a Dragon, until you use the spell again and it would turn you back into being whatever race.

This way you can still do quests and such with nobody noticing your a Dragon.

Edited by exodiaj

hmmmm...when you start out in the wagon ride, your already a nord....then you choose your race....so why not have it when you choose dragon as a race you spawn in the ground...dead....with alduirn riseing you from the dead :D! after you get out of the ground it will give you options to change skin color, scars, horns, blah blah blah.... then you become a dragon!

A good and believable way would be to implement a quest chain that ultimately gives you a power to transform into either a default Skyrim dragon or a four-legged one (when modders will figure out how to add models with different skeletal structures and animations to the game).

I'm picturing this -starts game, big dragon in straps being carted along in a wagon... LOL-

The only way I see this possible, is if you are a half dragon race, like the others said and you can transform into it. Otherwise you wouldn't really be able to do much except stomp about the map.

Perhaps have it so you can't transform inside a city that is closed off and inside dungeons. But i'd like this kind of mod for flying about and such.

YEah that will be cool

An anthropomorphic Dragon who can transorm to full dragon is a very good ideah yeah? and i like it ye

i remember back in my old days(first started gaming on pc) i played adventure quest at battleon.com, they had a class called Draconians who could turn into dragons as a class skill, you could make a fort(would be hard without kit) inside of which is an old dragon, you talk to him and he asks if you want to have the power of the dragons, aka gives you a power like beast form but it turns you into a dragon.

Edit(like 1 min later): make it so when you transform its about the size of a man but say 1.5x the size, with scale mail for skin but make the scale mail look kinda wet/slimy, then make it have 4 fingers each clawed and give it unclawed thumbs, then just give it argonian face re-scaled to fit the body, and 4 toed feet, it would be even cooler if you made the feet clawed and made it so mb1 swung right left right left etc etc.... and mb2 kicked right left right left etc etc....

Possible?

Edited by NeroAkira

With a lot of the assets for Dragons being implemented already, it seems like it should be doable, kindof like Werewolf: The awakening, where the player can transform into a large, four legged wolf. Again though, I'm not as familiar as I'd like to be with the construction set so feel free to enlighten me on the limitations of this >_<

Edit: This also reminds me of the Terran Vampire mod, which had a spell to change the player into a swarm of bats. Fascinating use of available assets to say the least, but I figure the possibility exists for Dragons, assuming that this Construction Set has more than Oblivion's

Dunno if anyone else said it yet but. Take the warewolf idea and implement it to the dragon. Take a dragon/humanoid type person, scaled human looking guy. Then with a hotkey, you transform into a dragon and hot key again and back to humanoid. Ofcourse humanoid wouldn't be able to put on armor, and would play like a dragon (besides the flying aspect. Problem solved for the not being ablwe to go places were humans can, but thequestion is. Is anyone really going to want to write a script for that? Let alone make all the textures models and Spells for the dragon? That would be the BIGGEST pain the the ass. Its a cool idea and i would love to see it done. Definitely Doable.